The Falkirk FC Thread

Is there any chance that HSW was upset that he thought it was the return of Gary Deans to the club only to be disappointed in finding out it was John McGlynn ?

On 03/05/2022 at 08:54, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Raith didnt come close to matching our offer & McGlynn to be announced shortly #navybluepound #itk 

I'm happy to put this down entirely to my own speculation if HSW winds his neck in for a couple of months 

3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Now the Manager is in along with Paul Smith,we need to make solid signings that will get us the hell out of L1

At least its not going to be left till the last minute this time.

Had a look at the faith thread yesterday for a laugh nice to know they have the same feelings to their board as we had with our old one in how they have handled things.

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Now the Manager is in along with Paul Smith,we need to make solid signings that will get us the hell out of L1

Can we Interest you in a Jason Naismith? One free Colin Doyle with every purchase.

46 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

This is meant in a friendly manner HSW.  I have noticed your recent contributions on here are way off the scale.  Maybe you should take a break, it's going to be a long summer.  We must be much of the same age going by some of your memories of early 70's games.  Chin up.

Respect your comment and in the spirit it was intended.

What has been bugging me for a while leading me to my posts has been the inept stewardship of the club that has come close to terminal decline instigated by the charlatans in the boardroom over the last few years.

We get a new board and hopefully a new start with a more professional, ethical and business like stewardship something we should all be wanting.

What has been posted in the recent past on the forum insinuates the opposite from the new board. With tittle tattle and insinuated inside information 'leaked' to certain individuals ie 'Inside information' 'Reliable source' etc

That is the point of my posts. Concern that if this is true what else will be leaked in the future to the detriment of the club by the board.

What if it is a landmark signing taken from under our noses because and individual in the board cant keep confidential information in the boardroom.

Exactly ! there would be uproar aimed at the board and rightly so.

The new board have to up their game and be beyond reproach in all their dealings in particular in recruitment in what will be one of the most important signing windows in the clubs history.

I think I have a point in voicing that concern. If people are offended at that concern tough.

Will leave it at that and wont comment further on the subject.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What has been bugging me for a while leading me to my posts has been the inept stewardship of the club that has come close to terminal decline instigated by the charlatans in the boardroom over the last few years.

We get a new board and hopefully a new start with a more professional, ethical and business like stewardship something we should all be wanting.

What has been posted in the recent past on the forum insinuates the opposite from the new board. With tittle tattle and insinuated inside information 'leaked' to certain individuals ie 'Inside information' 'Reliable source' etc

That is the point of my posts. Concern that if this is true what else will be leaked in the future to the detriment of the club by the board.

What if it is a landmark signing taken from under our noses because and individual in the board cant keep confidential information in the boardroom.

The new board have to up their game and be beyond reproach in all their dealings in particular in recruitment in what will be one of the most important signing windows in the clubs history.

I think I have a point in voicing that concern. If people are offended at that concern tough.

Problem here is there is absolutely zero evidence that the new BOD have been anything but professional, nor is there any evidence anything is leaking from boardroom. You seem to be creating problems that don’t exist. 

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If there is still toxic elements hanging about the club in any sort of capacity there is every chance because "their pals are gone" and the benefits that came with being a hanger on with the old board is pretty much gone they want to upset the apple cart and cause unrest behind the scenes which ties in we need the toxic atmosphere around the club gone if that includes hangers on then so be it (not ITk or that just going by posts one here and what folk are posting)

No club is perfect the new board have an uphill battle to turn around 10 yrs of decline.

I don't even think the MR appointment was that bad but with the dross that Holt saddled us with christ himself would have had a job trying to perform a miracle with that lot and turn them into a competent team.

Guest Brockvillenomore

If you look here and COYB the past 4 or 5 weeks on FB there was a plethora of speculation, with next to no indication what was coming, until the past couple of days when the press got a hold of it.  McGlynn barely got a mention in the chat, with IM and KM getting all the attention. This sort of deal takes weeks to land. The job wasn’t advertised and the BoD went about their business quietly and on the evidence of tonight effectively. KM didn’t know himself at the weekend.

RR announced the termination and the next day he’s at the stadium, signed on the dotted line.

P&B is always full of those in the know, when the opposite is true. I see no difference in this case. There’s a good argument to make that the MR appointment and this one both came out of the blue, I see nothing to worry about. 

He can be cantankerous and frustrating but be patient and he will sort out the shit show you guys have become and have you aying decent football. He has great contacts in the game for loan signings and has an eye for a young player. 

If you look here and COYB the past 4 or 5 weeks on FB there was a plethora of speculation, with next to no indication what was coming, until the past couple of days when the press got a hold of it.  McGlynn barely got a mention in the chat, with IM and KM getting all the attention. This sort of deal takes weeks to land. The job wasn’t advertised and the BoD went about their business quietly and on the evidence of tonight effectively. KM didn’t know himself at the weekend.

RR announced the termination and the next day he’s at the stadium, signed on the dotted line.

P&B is always full of those in the know, when the opposite is true. I see no difference in this case. There’s a good argument to make that the MR appointment and this one both came out of the blue, I see nothing to worry about. 
THIS
People always try to fill a vacuum and that's what the ITK posts were. I got a wee bit annoyed at one point then I remembered that this is what a faceless forum is. Good luck to the new men and wish you a lot of fortune with either getting rid of or transforming the dross you are lumbered with.