The Falkirk FC Thread

Great appointment 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼.

What a difference a few days and some good decisions makes. On Saturday we finished our worst season ever with fans disappearing in numbers. By Wednesday we’ve released a dozen imposters and appointed a proper manager and some feel good factor is back.

Well done to the club. 

Guest Ecosse83

Appointing a new manager within days of the season finishing, well done Falkirk 

I love how we didn’t piss about advertising for the job this time, they knew what they wanted and went and got him. Brilliant stuff 🥳👏

Very early days, and with the club at its lowest ebb, a very decent appointment. Desperately hoping that he’s going to get add to the 14 who’ve departed with some of the under contract imposters out.
Hopeful of a strong spine being signed. 
First time in months I’ve felt positive and three STs renewing. 

Feet on the ground for me. He has a big job on his hands to churn that squad. However his track record is good, his recruitment is good and he will work hard to get us moving.

Hopefully the fans will cut him a bit of slack if things take a wee while to get going. 

Optimistic 

39 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

2 year deal, makes you wonder what absolute shrapnel the Raith board were offering. Really thought we’d have to tempt him with 3 years 

It was a cut to the playing budget that was the problem apparently. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Feet on the ground for me. He has a big job on his hands to churn that squad. However his track record is good, his recruitment is good and he will work hard to get us moving.

Hopefully the fans will cut him a bit of slack if things take a wee while to get going. 

Optimistic 

Yes he will be given time by me. As you know I was anti Rennie but Mcglynn has a proven record in Scotland so hopefully gets cut more slack if things take a while to get going. 

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Has he got trackie trousers on?

I was thinking the exact same thing 😂

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Optimistic 

Wont be whining because we haven't signed big name, "should stroll this level" sorts or we went hosing the league by Xmas, as long as I see a team of players who are organised and hard working il be haply to call that progress and assume that it will come, if not this season then next. 

It's not the league position per se that's sickened me, it's the (mentioned many, many times) incredibly easy days work offered up to any opponent of this Falkirk team. End that, and I'm a happy Bairn. 

17 minutes ago, Bairney Rubble said:

Clearly the board,in a panic move to stop any further unsubstantiated rumours, have had to rush this through. emoji3.png Any sign of Kenny M in the trebuchet heading over to Fife?

First time I feel we have moved out of reverse for a long time.

So much for the inside info the announcement was being made on Thursday !

Nothing more than attention seeking.

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So much for the inside info the announcement was being made on Thursday !

Nothing more than attention seeking.

This is meant in a friendly manner HSW.  I have noticed your recent contributions on here are way off the scale.  Maybe you should take a break, it's going to be a long summer.  We must be much of the same age going by some of your memories of early 70's games.  Chin up.

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Optimistic 

I feel the same tbh, guarded optimism. Other managers have looked good on paper and failed, but massive upgrade on our most recent Rennie, Sheerin and M&M none the less.

Edited by BountyBairn

Well done guys on acquiring the services of John and Smudger. Two top guys in general. I doubt you'll regret it. He'll have you playing "McGlynn ball" by September, October if not before and then you're on your way. Indeed there's every chance we'll be passing each other at the end of next season.

But please be patient with the two of them. They need time. 

Miracles don't happen overnight.