The Falkirk FC Thread

On a slightly different subject, who is responsible for the Stadium upkeep? Some parts of the stadium and surround are a bloody disgrace. Are the club or the council responsible ?

Varies. Main Stand building and surrounds are council responsibility. North/South Stands, and pitch facing and supporter areas are Club responsibility.

7 hours ago, foreverarover said:
15 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:
3 assists in 35 league games for Tumilty this season. 
2 assists in 22 league games for Williamson.
Only caveat being the info came from Transfermarkt.

The fact Raith couldn't find a goalscorer for shite is the reason. Not one of the strikers was inventive or has the brains to get into positions to get on the end of his crosses.

They could they just decided to never play him.

11 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

Absolute woeful excuse about the pitch, every other team who don’t train and play on it every week seem to be able to cope and play us off the park.

Whilst I fully agree with your point, the pitch is awful compared to what it was maybe 4/5 years ago.

13 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Whilst I fully agree with your point, the pitch is awful compared to what it was maybe 4/5 years ago.

Absolutely and the quicker it is replaced the better but it is quite hilarious that a bunch of utter shitebags have used the pitch as an excuse as to their dire performances.

5 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Absolutely and the quicker it is replaced the better but it is quite hilarious that a bunch of utter shitebags have used the pitch as an excuse as to their dire performances.

Exactly a pitch doesn’t stop you tracking your man.

11 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Have a feeling we will go with the two keeprs already signed.  

I hope not and can't see that happening. Paddy Martin is a back up keeper at very best. And holt couldn't get a game for Gretna when punted out on loan. A decent experienced keeper is an absolute must for me. 

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

The cost of the pitch would be written down every financial year and would be factored in when we installed a synthetic surface that every 5 years you replace it. Cost should be known as the original installation cost included subsurface preparation which would not be required when replaced.

If we were replacing in this closed season the club would have made an announcement. Having a sub standard surface will effect who will sign for the club. 

If the club don't have the funds in place to replace it then this is a new level of ineptness by the old regime.

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we'd been playing on one like thistles we'd obviously have been relegated.

I don't get the pitch argument either.

As was mentioned weeks ago, if the main pitch is causing injuries then switch to the newer one and only use the main one on matchdays.

If it's due to the bounce etc then the majority of teams we've faced seem to have mastered it. An aged 5G pitch is surely better than a rutted, bare grass pitch every other week.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The cost of the pitch would be written down every financial year and would be factored in when we installed a synthetic surface that every 5 years you replace it. Cost should be known as the original installation cost included subsurface preparation which would not be required when replaced.

If we were replacing in this closed season the club would have made an announcement. Having a sub standard surface will effect who will sign for the club. 

If the club don't have the funds in place to replace it then this is a new level of ineptness by the old regime.

What do you think is in the pot for the pitch? My guess somewhere below £10

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I don't get the pitch argument either.

As was mentioned weeks ago, if the main pitch is causing injuries then switch to the newer one and only use the main one on matchdays.

If it's due to the bounce etc then the majority of teams we've faced seem to have mastered it. An aged 5G pitch is surely better than a rutted, bare grass pitch every other week.

The pitch is done. Has been for a couple of years if you ask me. Quicker we get back to grass the better. 

I'd prefer a grass park also, I can't imagine the club will want to thought due to the loss of revenue if we got rid of the Astro.

Then again couldn't the first team use the  other Astro round the back of the stadium for training? 

Edited by Senor Bairn

The idea of these AstroTurf pitches is fewer games are postponed and there is an extra revenue stream from the general community use.

One of the most important issues is that some of that revenue is set aside for pitch replacement long before it is nackered or at the end of life.This should avoid any player injuries.

Most clubs don't show that discipline and the cash is just devoured In the normal running costs- instead they go out with begging bowl to local councils and SFA grants !

45 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Can any FSS members tell me if there has been any any correspondence from FSS in the past 4 months? I haven’t received any updates since January. Bit concerned.

Yes mate. A directors update in early March and then an AGM update later in March.