The Falkirk FC Thread

Telfer would have been fine if we had a couple of ball winning, tough tackling midfielders who could have done the dirty work and just let him play. Out of him, Nesbitt, McGuffie and Morrison, he is the one I would have kept. Easier to let go though due to contracts.

Not going to go over the top about Telfer. He might’ve performed better in different circumstances but I’m certainly not weeping at his departure.
Not good enough over the piece with us.

Unfortunately not the type of player needed in this league but will probably go up to the championship next season and do well. Wrong club at wrong time, best of luck to him!

The fact Charlie Telfer was our best player this year tells us everything about why we are where we are.

Being the best player on that release list isn’t exactly a great achievement and I’m glad we haven’t fucked about trying to keep any of them. Cheerio. Next. 

3 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I’m not sure about Liam Craig. At the recognition awards night a lot of the players were moaning about the pitch. Do you think he has the legs to play on that pitch? I doubt it but there is better people more qualified than me to make that judgement. 

Absolute woeful excuse about the pitch, every other team who don’t train and play on it every week seem to be able to cope and play us off the park.

I’m not sure about Liam Craig. At the recognition awards night a lot of the players were moaning about the pitch. Do you think he has the legs to play on that pitch? I doubt it but there is better people more qualified than me to make that judgement. 

Liam Craig is a big no from me, IMO not the kind of player we need

Using the pitch as a terrible excuse for us underperforming doesn’t work considering how regularly teams pumped us with ease on it, but it can also be true that it is a disgrace and needs replaced ASAP.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Pretty certain Craig won’t end up at us.

On another note, what’s the latest on the pitch? Any chance of it getting replaced any time soon?

45 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

What's McGlynns thoughts on the Brentford Model?

I doubt that the funds would support that in fitba, but he is very much in favor of identifying young talent and nurturing it.

5 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Goalkeeper 
Paddy Martin - June 2023
Luke Holt - June 2023

Defenders
Paul Watson - June 2023
Blair Sneddon - June 2023
Ryan Williamson - June 2023
Brad Mckay - June 2024
Leon McCann - June 2024

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison - June 2024
Steven Hetherington - June 2023
Aidan Nesbitt - June 2023
Craig Mcguffie - June 2023
Seb Ross - June 2023

Strikers
Jaime Wilson - June 2023
Finlay Malcolm - June 2023

Still get the fear looking at what's left

McGlynn had McGuffie at Rovers with him and I think he's tried to sign Paul Watson as well. Not sure if Brad McKay would've been at Hearts when he was there. 

Seb Ross is Ethan Ross's brother which is an interesting one as I would not be surprised if Ethan Ross, potentially with one or two others, is currently looking for an exit route from Rovers at the moment. 

Have a feeling we will go with the two keeprs already signed.  If money is to be tight, then a squad of 20 seems a reasonable assumption.  Unless anybody else leaves, that would only leave 6 signiings to be made plus any cheap loan signings. Perhaps, as has been suggested, a player-coach Goalkeeper to replace Bobby Geddes.

Cove won the league with a squad of 19 players so it can be done.  When Leicester won the Premiership, they did so by maintaining a consistent squad by spnding money on the backroom support staff who kept the players fit and healthy.

One thing is for sure.  Whoever we start next season with, they have to be bigger, fitter and faster than this season.

3 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Taylor-SInclair is one of those whose career just seemed to fall off a cliff. I remember watching him for Partick a decade ago and he absolutely strolled the Championship. Fast forward to playing for us, looked like he was playing with cement in his boots.

He did do very well for us a decade ago, and he was also more than comfortable in the top flight at left back. Then he went down south and got a bad injury (ACL, I think) which seems to have totally finished him as a player.