The Falkirk FC Thread

I’ve been critical of the start the new board made but should also say fair play for the work being done now… 

Didnt really want McGlynn but he’s a far better bet than Alan Johnston / Jim McIntyre etc. Recruitment has been better than us, particularly in the loan market (ie. Jamie Gullan). Raith played some very decent football especially since being promoted to the  championship. He seems to get better performances out of players that we couldn’t (ie. Aidan Connolly). 

On top of that, a quick start in terms of releasing players and sharing the news with supporters. Feeling more positive than ever before… 

Just need to get a smashing new kit, release Brad McKay, sign 15 new players and win the league. Easy x 

2 hours ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

He could have waited, I was posting this!
But in a way, could be appropriate for our new season (oh please God!)

Could be, who knows?
There's somethin' due any day
I will know right away, soon as it shows
It may come cannonballin' down through the sky
Gleam in its eye, bright as a rose

Who knows? It's only just out of reach
Down the block, on a beach, under a tree
I got a feelin' there's a miracle due
Gonna come true, comin' to me

Could it be? Yes, it could
Somethin's comin', somethin' good, if I can wait
Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is
But it is gonna be great

With a click, with a shock
Phone'll jingle, door'll knock, open the latch
Somethin's comin', don't know when
But it's soon, catch the moon, one-handed catch

Around the corner
Or whistlin' down the river
Come on, deliver to me

Will it be? Yes, it will
Maybe just by holdin' still, it'll be there

Come on, somethin', come on in, don't be shy
Meet a guy, pull up a chair, the air is hummin'
And somethin' great is comin'
Who knows? It's only just out of reach
Down the block, on a beach, maybe tonight

Maybe tonight, maybe tonight

Robot Reaction GIF

27 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

What a day, find out Bairn in Exile isn't a wee school kid taken by his parents to run a Benidorm bar but a 60 something bloke, mind blown. 

The most mental post I've seen in long enough from Taxi Massis, then Hope Street Walker continually being Hope Street Walker multiple times.

A release list to beat all release lists, with a bonus of ATS being on it for me, as I thought he had another year to go,  thank f**k.

Then an old school manager to top it off.

And it's only 5pm.

Just 20 Photos Of Kids Dressed As Old People 'Cause It's Ridiculously Cute  | HuffPost Life

With such a competitive league next year, regardless of play off results, I’m not sure who is going to win your league but McGlynn will certainly have you there or there abouts with the play offs as a second chance of going up. 

I am sure we will pass each other come the end next season so all the best folks and if the pars do go down please make sure they stay there 

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

1st signing an experienced goalkeeper please.

You'll get Robbie Thomson as player/ gk coach. Which isn't actually too bad for that level. Just don't ask for him to communicate with the defence or leave his line. 

What happened with mutch? Thought he looked a decent prospect when we were down there with you. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

You'll get Robbie Thomson as player/ gk coach. Which isn't actually too bad for that level. Just don't ask for him to communicate with the defence or leave his line. 

What happened with mutch? Thought he looked a decent prospect when we were down there with you. 

We've had Thomson wasn't the best . Might be a decent backup and coach though.

51 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Ken it’s not our business to care anymore, but I’m still slightly curious as to where Griffiths will end up. Part of me thinks he might get a lower-end Championship team based on reputation alone - the other part of me thinks he’s completely finished at any sort of decent level. 

Boys in the terrace were talking about it on last nights pod and I genuinely can’t think where he would go, Kelty would be ideal bar the name of the club. If he didn’t have the 5 kids you’d imagine he could get a gig similar to what Cummings got in Australia. Darvel perhaps but giving him a black rooster card could kill him off, just never been fit the size of his shorts says it all.

51810654-4041-44F7-83AA-88A69FB47793.png

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've had Thomson wasn't the best . Might be a decent backup and coach though.

He was our 'keeper when we went up and although he does have his moments, mainly due to communication, he is more than capable of being No1 in league 1. He's been our gk coach this season with macdonald as No1 but hasn't done terribly when called upon either. 

Just thinking. Who actioned the player release?
Don't really care. Delighted to see us starting rid the club of the absolute fraudsters claiming to be professional footballers. Still a bit to go.

31 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Just 20 Photos Of Kids Dressed As Old People 'Cause It's Ridiculously Cute  | HuffPost Life

Probably the last couple of days has been the busiest for me in terms of reactions to posts (the lyrics and the prefer eclectic McGlynn)

Many thanks, whether positive or negative, enjoyment or bewilderment.

It’s been a good day in more ways than one 😀

I'm sure we tried to sign Taylor-Sinclair last season but were priced out, so a little surprised he's gone given McGlynn's been appointed. 

I never saw him, right enough, so maybe he was garbage. 

Edited by Michael W

57 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I realise it is with the best intention, but good luck in trying to get more money for some of these chancers from us.

Agree it won’t be an easy sell but they are contracted. We can’t just toss them out.

Each one will need to be negotiated individually, dependent on the length of contract, their wages and what they manage to obtain elsewhere.

Some will cost very little but in total it will be a not unsubstantial amount.

I'm sure we tried to sign Taylor-Sinclair last season but we're priced out, so a little surprised he's gone given McGlynn's been appointed. 
I never saw him, right enough, so maybe he was garbage. 

He’s absolutely fucking ganting. It takes a very special kind of defender to be worse than both Ben Hall and Gregor Buchanan yet he manages it quite comfortably. Think of Fernandy Mendy but left footed and slower.

Still better than Brad McKay of course.

18 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Just thinking. Who actioned the player release?

I'm sure mcglynn would've been asked if he wanted any offered new deals.  Probably why this was released shortly after raiths statement. The fact he doesn't want to keep any of those shitebags is a promising start.