The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Russ said:

Unless McGlynn can teach him how to defend, how to pass a ball and how to win a header a ball then I highly doubt it imo.

😂😂

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Thank the messiah that is Gary Holt for that one. Tried to publicly suggest he was a better option than Dowds too. If any club has their head screwed on, that c**t won’t get another job in football.

re Jaime Wilson I saw him in one of the pre season trialist games at stirling University and came on here and stated before he signed he didn't look like a footballer and we should not sign him. I wouldn't normally do that but he was like a fish out of water. the fact he got a 2 year contract made me lose confidence in sheerin and Holt immediately. hindsight is a great thing but this wasn't hindsight 

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I wonder if Mcglynn will get more from Brad McKay, clutching at straws but you can’t play that many games at a higher level and be a poor as he has been so far….surely??? 😂

You're asking for too much there. If Brad Mckay's one of our starting centre backs next year we may as well pack it in.

Just now, bridge of allan bairn said:

re Jaime Wilson I saw him in one of the pre season trialist games at stirling University and came on here and stated before he signed he didn't look like a footballer and we should not sign him. I wouldn't normally do that but he was like a fish out of water. the fact he got a 2 year contract made me lose confidence in sheerin and Holt immediately. hindsight is a great thing but this wasn't hindsight 

To be fair Sheerin even criticised him for those trialist appearances, then he was handed a 2 year deal through sheer panic.

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Funnily enough, I recall you saying that.

On the money.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Unless McGlynn can teach him how to defend, how to pass a ball and how to win a header a ball then I highly doubt it imo.

I don't think he's capable of learning that much in one summer...

the goonies hey you guys GIF

Ken it’s not our business to care anymore, but I’m still slightly curious as to where Griffiths will end up. Part of me thinks he might get a lower-end Championship team based on reputation alone - the other part of me thinks he’s completely finished at any sort of decent level. 

Someone will be stupid enough to chuck money at him like we were. Wouldn’t be a surprise if it’s someone like Cove or Queens Park.

He’s absolutely finished though. Nowhere close to being fit, overweight and his ability has fallen off a cliff. He’ll be retired within 2 years imo.

What a day, find out Bairn in Exile isn't a wee school kid taken by his parents to run a Benidorm bar but a 60 something bloke, mind blown. 

The most mental post I've seen in long enough from Taxi Massis, then Hope Street Walker continually being Hope Street Walker multiple times.

A release list to beat all release lists, with a bonus of ATS being on it for me, as I thought he had another year to go,  thank f**k.

Then an old school manager to top it off.

And it's only 5pm.

21 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

When asking folks to pay for ST’s why not have a separate section on the form for ‘Contracted players’ severance’

I realise it is with the best intention, but good luck in trying to get more money for some of these chancers from us.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

16 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Ken it’s not our business to care anymore, but I’m still slightly curious as to where Griffiths will end up. Part of me thinks he might get a lower-end Championship team based on reputation alone - the other part of me thinks he’s completely finished at any sort of decent level. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if he headed to Australia, perhaps to team up with Jason Cummings

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It’s actually quite tragic but I’m a 55yr old man who finds himself constantly refreshing the FFC twitter to see if anything has been confirmed., it’s like being a kid on Xmas morning.This time of year at least gives you some hope that a new era is about to begin at the club. It’s just the bit after a handful of games that kills you. Hopefully this time will be different 🙏🏻

You can turn notifications on. Makes it a little less tragic 😉

2 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

I might be up there as John McGlynn's biggest fan, but this isn't completely true. While he does put a huge amount of effort, miles and hours into his scouting and recruitment, to say he's "spot on" identifying players is a stretch. When it comes to finding strikers in particular he's got many more misses than hits. 

He brought Fernandy Mendy over from France and gave him a 2 year deal as a professional footballer, a truly incredible decision. I'd also question any manager who believed Adam King and Blaise Riley Snow were worth signing for the Championship. Plenty of alarm bells ringing there in terms of recruitment, before you even mention the Goodwillie farce and Raith's collapse this season. 

All that said, the quality of manager in Scottish football is generally dreadful and McGlynn is one of the better ones that Falkirk could have appointed. If he gets a bit of time - which perhaps isn't a given when Falkirk fans always seem to be obsessed with getting people out of the club - I'd expect him to get them back into the second tier. 

28 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I wonder if Mcglynn will get more from Brad McKay, clutching at straws but you can’t play that many games at a higher level and be a poor as he has been so far….surely??? 😂

Would be some turn if he did. If he can also work his magic on Hetherington, we will be unstoppable - or at least beating  whoever replaces Dumbarton

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It’s actually quite tragic but I’m a 55yr old man who finds himself constantly refreshing the FFC twitter to see if anything has been confirmed., it’s like being a kid on Xmas morning.This time of year at least gives you some hope that a new era is about to begin at the club. It’s just the bit after a handful of games that kills you. Hopefully this time will be different 🙏🏻

Don’t be ashamed, we’re all tragic here ;)