The Falkirk FC Thread

For those who were curious, or disturbed, the lyrics are from West Side Story (Something's Coming)

Hopefully, this is the season when we go the right way up. Get decent players in, get our 21/22 team out the door, forget the 3 days of twitter posts showing how fitness is gauged.

Can't wait for the new jersey either - might be a cracker

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm sure there was a Raither on here last season claiming they were after Telfer last summer so on that basis hopefully he's here again next year if it is to be Mcglynn. Tumilty for me's a carbon copy of Williamson, decent enough going forward but questionable defensively. Benedictus is a leader so i'll happily see him in even though he's a bit erratic from time to time(reminds me of Buchanan)

Mcglynn given his contacts will hopefully finally make good use of the loan market as we've been shocking with it the past few years.

Telfer has been released..

17 minutes ago, Russ said:

Reghan Tumilty is like TAA compared with Ryan Williamson.

Williamson is fucking dugmeat.

3 assists in 35 league games for Tumilty this season. 

2 assists in 22 league games for Williamson.

Only caveat being the info came from Transfermarkt.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

3 assists in 35 league games for Tumilty this season. 

2 assists in 22 league games for Williamson.

Only caveat being the info came from Transfermarkt.

The other caveat being Tumilty doesn't play against students and joiners.

56 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Decent midfielders and defenders…his record on attackers is a little more spotty. He also seems a bit too attached to players with some injury issues now and then. But, overall, a good signing for you…and Bene will likely come with, and do fine at that level, Spencer would be a huge catch for you.

My memories of Mcglynn is him always doing well with his loan signings. Steven Mclean scoring the goal against us in the covid curtailed season, Jamie Walker in his early Raith Rovers days, Hendry from Celtic.

17 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

My memories of Mcglynn is him always doing well with his loan signings. Steven Mclean scoring the goal against us in the covid curtailed season, Jamie Walker in his early Raith Rovers days, Hendry from Celtic.

JMcG has some great contacts that have resulted in excellent loanees. He has a good reputation with other clubs for developing those young players loaned to the club and is also well thought of by older players who might come in on loan to get playing time.

It’s actually quite tragic but I’m a 55yr old man who finds himself constantly refreshing the FFC twitter to see if anything has been confirmed., it’s like being a kid on Xmas morning.This time of year at least gives you some hope that a new era is about to begin at the club. It’s just the bit after a handful of games that kills you. Hopefully this time will be different 🙏🏻

Hopefully just tied up typing out all the players on the released list.
Save time by combining Raiths release list with our signings list, then getting pre season started early by getting the new boys to bludgeon our squad in the car park.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2022/05/03/first-team-squad-update-2/

We can announce that the following players will depart Falkirk Football Club at the end of their contracts:

• Robbie Mutch
  • Paul Dixon
  • Aaron-Taylor Sinclair
  • Cammy Williamson
  • Mackenzie Lemon
  • Gary Miller
  • Charlie Telfer
  • Ben Weekes
  • Samuel Ompreon
  • Leigh Griffiths.

The Club can confirm that Anton Dowds has signed a pre-contract with Partick Thistle and will also leave Falkirk at the end of his contract.

The following players have returned to their parent clubs at the end of their loan agreement:

• Jevon Mills
  • Keaghan Jacobs
  • Jaze Kabia

The Club wishes to thank each player for their service and wishes them the very best for the future.