The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

If Mcglynn is appointed and it looks like he will then I have to say well done to the board 👏

What a solid appointment for the situation we are in, the most important thing for us will be recruitment and Mcglynn seems like he has a great record in that department. 

He’s exactly what we need and I couldn’t be any happier. Well done Falkirk 🥳

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

One thing McGlynn is spot on with is identifying decent players. If there is a game on he will be there watching. Hopefully the rumours are all true now.  

Decent midfielders and defenders…his record on attackers is a little more spotty. He also seems a bit too attached to players with some injury issues now and then. But, overall, a good signing for you…and Bene will likely come with, and do fine at that level, Spencer would be a huge catch for you.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Decent midfielders and defenders…his record on attackers is a little more spotty. He also seems a bit too attached to players with some injury issues now and then. But, overall, a good signing for you…and Bene will likely come with, and do fine at that level, Spencer would be a huge catch for you.

Looking forward to us signing the right Brad, I guess

32 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Didn't we have Spencer on trial during the Hartley debacle and didn't offer him a deal? May have made that up.

Yes. He was here pre-season in the summer of 2018 and came on as a sub in a 2-0 loss to the New Saints. He was injured during the other friendlies and didn't get any more gametime,  so no deal was offered.  

Brad Spencer (2).jpg

12 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yes. He was here pre-season in the summer of 2018 and came on as a sub in a 2-0 loss to the New Saints. He was injured during the other friendlies and didn't get any more gametime,  so no deal was offered.  

Brad Spencer (2).jpg

You been busy the day? 👀

681271014_BradSpencer(2).thumb.jpg.3b94f8a07fe5d506f1f6ecdafba23dc4.jpg

Was he not part of the squad that played Aberdeen up at Arbroath that pre-season? I know we had a couple of trialists that day and I thought it was him and Jordan Allan who’s now at Airdrie.

51 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
51 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:
He could have waited, I was posting this!
But in a way, could be appropriate for our new season (oh please God!)

Could be, who knows?
There's somethin' due any day
I will know right away, soon as it shows
It may come cannonballin' down through the sky
Gleam in its eye, bright as a rose   Who knows? It's only just out of reach
Down the block, on a beach, under a tree
I got a feelin' there's a miracle due
Gonna come true, comin' to me   Could it be? Yes, it could
Somethin's comin', somethin' good, if I can wait
Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is
But it is gonna be great   With a click, with a shock
Phone'll jingle, door'll knock, open the latch
Somethin's comin', don't know when
But it's soon, catch the moon, one-handed catch   Around the corner
Or whistlin' down the river
Come on, deliver to me
  Will it be? Yes, it will
Maybe just by holdin' still, it'll be there   Come on, somethin', come on in, don't be shy
Meet a guy, pull up a chair, the air is hummin'
And somethin' great is comin'
Who knows? It's only just out of reach
Down the block, on a beach, maybe tonight   Maybe tonight, maybe tonight

What's this

f*cks this? more like..

I'm sure there was a Raither on here last season claiming they were after Telfer last summer so on that basis hopefully he's here again next year if it is to be Mcglynn. Tumilty for me's a carbon copy of Williamson, decent enough going forward but questionable defensively. Benedictus is a leader so i'll happily see him in even though he's a bit erratic from time to time(reminds me of Buchanan)

Mcglynn given his contacts will hopefully finally make good use of the loan market as we've been shocking with it the past few years.

35 minutes ago, Dabber said:

Official. All players out of contract, released... Telfer incl !

How did Williamson do for you, seem to remember him leaving us to join Falkirk. did he not join you on a 2 year deal? Would you not have to pay him off

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Was he not part of the squad that played Aberdeen up at Arbroath that pre-season? I know we had a couple of trialists that day and I thought it was him and Jordan Allan who’s now at Airdrie.

The trialists who played that day were Jordan Allan and an ex-Motherwell defender called Luke Watt. 

I guess it's possible he could have travelled up with the squad but he didn't get any gametime. 

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

How did Williamson do for you, seem to remember him leaving us to join Falkirk. did he not join you on a 2 year deal? Would you not have to pay him off

Like everyone else in the team - he was shite.

I'm sure there was a Raither on here last season claiming they were after Telfer last summer so on that basis hopefully he's here again next year if it is to be Mcglynn. Tumilty for me's a carbon copy of Williamson, decent enough going forward but questionable defensively. Benedictus is a leader so i'll happily see him in even though he's a bit erratic from time to time(reminds me of Buchanan)
Mcglynn given his contacts will hopefully finally make good use of the loan market as we've been shocking with it the past few years.

Reghan Tumilty is like TAA compared with Ryan Williamson.

Williamson is fucking dugmeat.

9 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Decent going forward, absolute hopeless defensively. That hopeless it genuinely looks like he isn't even trying to defend.