The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Hope this is announced soon and not a ploy to try and get a better deal at Raith.

I hope that our board are using it is a ploy to get somebody better to sign for us. Who? I haven't the foggiest.

32 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Getting heavy "Jim Jefferies in 1995" vibes about this thing except in reverse. 

I think he's told Rovers he will leave but will end up staying. 

Will never forget the euphoria on the Saturday afternoon to be replaced with the despair on Monday morning 🙈

Obviously none of us know the full story but I’d be pissed off if the club I was at only decided to offer me a contract once the season was finished and it looked like I was going elsewhere

17 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Obviously none of us know the full story but I’d be pissed off if the club I was at only decided to offer me a contract once the season was finished and it looked like I was going elsewhere

100% this.

A club “doing everything they can” to keep a manager only after they know he’s off somewhere else Isn’t a great look for Raith.

19 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I think this might be the clincher. For what it's worth I am not in favour of McGlynn staying (a minority view it has to be said) but the manner in which the club has approached this is shambolic. If they wanted to keep him, they should've been talking about it months ago. 

Our form since mid-December has been awful and of course there was *that* signing. But if he'd been offered a new contract at any point from Christmas 2020- Christmas 2021, everyone would've been delighted. Instead they've let it run to the end and have afforded the opportunity for others to come calling and we are on the backfoot. A mess entirely of the board's own making, possibly through an arrogant assumption that we wouldn't consider anywhere else. Although Falkirk are about to spend a 4th season in League One, they are in a much healthier financial position than Raith are and can offer McGlynn more than we are able to, both in terms of wages and squad budget. 

And of the board were minded to let McGlynn go, why have they suddenly changed their minds - an up turn of form when it was too late? Are they really that fickle? It is pretty clear to me that they were not wanting to let him go or else they wouldn't have spent the evening on a Bank Holiday Monday trying to persuade him to stay. Also, we have no contingency. 

Think this is as good an appointment as Falkirk could make, I reckon. He is not perfect but he is used to inheriting a shit-show of a team and turning it around. 

Edited by Michael W

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Seems RR are making last ditch attempts at persuading him to stay. A lot of ire from Rovers fans about the way it's been handled.

We could yet be knocked back by McGlynn.

The Board either leaked the story or posters on the forum are bullshitting. Either way it has damaged the clubs search for a manager

Utterly stupid as all it did was tip the wink to RR to get their finger out to keep McGynn.

Sadly all to typical of the goings on at the club and not a good look for the new board.

What should have been done. Falkirk contact RR asking can we talk to McGynn. RR most likely say ok but wait till the end of the season and keep it confidential. That's showing respect to RR and McGynn and integrity by Falkirk. 

RR fans have every right to be angry can you imagine if the boot was on the other foot that another club had been doing that to Falkirk.

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Board either leaked the story or posters on the forum are bullshitting. Either way it has damaged the clubs search for a manager

Utterly stupid as all it did was tip the wink to RR to get their finger out to keep McGynn.

Sadly all to typical of the goings on at the club and not a good look for the new board.

What should have been done. Falkirk contact RR asking can we talk to McGynn. RR most likely say ok but wait till the end of the season and keep it confidential. That's showing respect to RR and McGynn and integrity by Falkirk. 

RR fans have every right to be angry can you imagine if the boot was on the other foot that another club had been doing that to Falkirk.

I'm sure Raith would have been happy for us to speak to McGynn as they would have absolutely no idea who he was.

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I give up!!

You’re like a ‘stuck record’.

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Beginning to think you're at the wind-up now!

He's out of contract at RR so there was no need to contact them. They've probably reacted to the newspaper gossip we've all seen and reflects poorly on them. 

RR most likely say ok but wait till the end of the season and keep it confidential.

Your logic for that approach is baffling considering what is reportedly happened - RR clearly wouldn't think it OK if only yesterday they were suddenly forced to negotiate a new deal with him to avert him joining us. 

Where is RR respect in all of this? 

They've not tapped him up! He's out of contract. His only obligation to RR is to consider a new deal - which they acquiesed over to the point where he's considered leaving. Like any other walk-of-life, he's not going to wait around for his current employer to decide whether they want him or not.

On this subject, your criticism of our board is bizarre.

Edited by Blame Me
Clarification

47 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You are just making things up now, numerous posters have tried to explain things to you but you seem incapable of absorbing simple information. McGlynn is out of contract and on the face of it Falkirk have done absolutely everything above board if the speculation is true as appears to be. There is zero evidence of any “leaks” by the Falkirk board if you have evidence to contrary please show me? Fans speculating about McGlynn, Murray, Wright ect is all perfecty normal on a online chatter page! It does not mean somebody from Falkirk, Raith Rovers or Mcglynns camp have leaked some top secret confidential shit they shouldn’t have! Please accept this in the way everyone else has and shut the f**k up! You are either clueless or have some kind of agenda against the new guys running the club because you seem hell bent on discrediting them without any evidence or substance. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Ecosse83
47 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So your raging Raith found out we have approached him because of a leak but you want us to ask Raith permission to speak to him? I’m confused 😂😂🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ecosse83

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I can't tell if you've got us all on strings or just some thick c**t.