The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Case of wait and see if it is it. Reflects badly on the new board if true that they cannot keep it confidential apart from being stupid.

Aye you’re right. Let’s get Deans and the PR guru back, they were much more professional. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Stuck out to face the press for his chairman's feck up need I say more.

McGlynn scouted DG,a player he  would be happy to sign or at the very least put it to the BoD

Not just a chairman feck up

Guest Brockvillenomore
57 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Aye you’re right. Let’s get Deans and the PR guru back, they were much more professional. 

Maybe that’s a bit too close to home for @HopeStreetWalker 🤦🏻

There's no evidence that our board have leaked anything here.  As others have said, there are 2 boards and countless others who know exactly what's going on and so plenty of opportunities for the details to get out.  Anybody deserves criticism when they do something daft (e.g try to sign DGW) but I can't see how the board can be criticised this time.   

I expect we'll hear by the end of this week if McGlynn is coming to us or if Raith have got near our offer (which I think is unlikely).  

I'm in the minority but I'm still not convinced he's the right man (and yes I know the stats etc suggest he should be) so I hope we're not offering a long contract to entice him Brad McKay style.  Hopefully after the first few signings I'll be more at ease and of course I'll be fully behind him as I was with every other manager until they show they're not up to it..  I was happy with Rennie's appointment so I get the push for a more conservative option given how spectacularly he failed.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

I think if Raith do actually want to keep him we’re a bit fucked. If I were a manager I’d definitely stay at a fairly secure job in a higher league than come to our mess, even for 10k+ less. 

The new board might have just sold him on the club, it’s new people at the helm now and we will be more of a steady ship now. Yes he would be dropping a league but we might just be a challenge that he will like! 

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I think if Raith do actually want to keep him we’re a bit fucked. If I were a manager I’d definitely stay at a fairly secure job in a higher league than come to our mess, even for 10k+ less. 

I doubt the stumbling block would be about his salary, McGlynn left a higher paid job to come to Raith. It seems our Board are negotiating tonight with him and I’d assume he’ll be more interested in his budgets for next season. Falkirk might offer more but it’s a far bigger rebuild required and a risk if it all goes wrong. The job at Raith is simply continuing on from his previous seasons, it’s a safe job with little chance of getting canned unless he monumentally screws up (see DGW saga). I’d expect the negotiations are more about who he could bring in bearing in mind we’ve still got to punt DGW off the books and pay him off.  If it was just about his own salary he’d already have signed with you. Will our board meet his demands 🤷‍♂️ 

15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t RR face a monumental bill in order to get a safety certificate for next season?

Couldn’t tell you, but the stadium is under Starks Park Properties LTD which is owned by John Sim but not part of Raith Rovers. John Sim also owns Raith Rovers but as a separate entity with Raith being his tenant.  His last bizarre interview where he’d (threatened to close the club) he seemed more than comfortable with the financial liabilities including paying off DGW but outside that I’ve no idea.  He’s more than capable of paying it but will it effect budgets next season? I’ve no idea but I guess that’s the negotiating tonight. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

30 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The new board might have just sold him on the club, it’s new people at the helm now and we will be more of a steady ship now. Yes he would be dropping a league but we might just be a challenge that he will like! 

A few additions to the board but not a totally new board or CEO.Still have those who voted in favour of signing DG sitting including the new Chairman who took over from Sim(owner).He,ll be sitting in the background but  suspect he,ll still be pulling the strings.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

A few additions to the board but not a totally new board or CEO.Still have those who voted in favour of signing DG sitting including the new Chairman(previously vice chair)who took over from Sim(owner).He,ll be sitting in the background but  suspect he,ll still be pulling the strings.

I’m talking about Falkirk mate

13 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

we should all take a holiday and come back in August.

Sadly, that’s not how recreational drugs work.