The Falkirk FC Thread

From a football point of view McGlynn would be a great appointment.

it’s also possible to be uncomfortable with the appointment due to the DGW situation.

Good appointment from Falkirk perspective and allows all parties to move on from the Goodwillie saga.

I would expect he will be the man to get you out of League 1 and get you competitive in the Championship but you might need a shit ton of money and/ or a replacement lined up for years 4 and 5 of the plan to complete the journey to the Premier League.

I'm disappointed how all this has turned out but hopefully we can make a decent appointment to replace him otherwise we might have to give you a wave as we change places in the next couple of seasons.

42 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

I saw that. Comedy gold. How these two mythical Directors can push anything through on a board of six, the CEO, DoF and Phil Rawlins all on the interview panel is beyond me. Even with my limited brainpower that’s nine. Embarrassing. 

Narrative of the two by the sounds 

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Case of wait and see if it is it. Reflects badly on the new board if true that they cannot keep it confidential apart from being stupid.

Give it a rest man. These things are impossible to keep quiet 99% of the time! 

Case of wait and see if it is it. Reflects badly on the new board if true that they cannot keep it confidential apart from being stupid.

It would lead me to think the manager leaked it to get two bidders ?
It's a job and that's what most of us would do if in his shoes

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I've heard a leak that they think you are a knob.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

10 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

If someone else is more creative in the middle of the park then surely industrious would be enough. He was part of a team competing pretty well in the Premier League.

I know; not doing him down.

In the old South Enclosure days, I used to be able to induce my big pal James into a raging mess simply by aiming a delicately placed barb at Scott Mackenzie from time to time.

Pie crusts flying everywhere. Sensational entertainment.

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There are two boards involved here and you can't discount reporters trawling message boards for tidbits to inflate or corroborate.

Perhaps, just maybe, ours is fuming that RR have a leak or they are quietly laughing at the misdirection here and in the national press!

Guest JBJ
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Left it a bit late in the day. Don't think he was happy in the way they hung him out to dry with the dgw affair.

In what way was he “hung out to dry”?

Guest Brockvillenomore
8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

There are two boards involved here and you can't discount reporters trawling message boards for tidbits to inflate or corroborate.

Perhaps, just maybe, ours is fuming that RR have a leak or they are quietly laughing at the misdirection here and in the national press!

Plus agents I imagine, who knows.... but it's always interesting when people take a default position that FFC are to blame without acknowledging there are always two sides to every story. It's tiresome but there's a lot of it on here - can't imagine why 🫣

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

No its not happens in business all the time.

Apples and oranges perhaps, not sure you can compare Scottish football to the business world 😉

Never seen agents, press and 'fans' crawling over every story, or piece of gossip at my work. 

You don't know the story, I don't know the story - so chill.