The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Welcome to Falkirk John, you have my backing. Let’s get right behind the man and his team and for once everyone pull in the same direction. 

Lets not get ahead of ourselves wait for the official announcement.

What do we have ? Unsubstantiated posts and a Daily Record article which is a publication that long departed from journalism and facts.  

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What do we have ? Unsubstantiated posts and a Daily Record article which is a publication that long departed from journalism and facts.  

These papers are rags but on local football they tend to be well informed.

I’ll wait for the customary “his Wikipedia page has been updated” post before believing it. 

What can you say? It would be probably as good an appointment as you could hope for at this level but the DGW stuff is difficult to look past for me, but I accept it’s maybe not as clear cut for some. 

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

No point checking the BBC Scotland football page.  I looked in just now to see if this was confirmed and found 9 of the 10 top stories related to the OF match yesterday.

16 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If this is true, I would expect Paul Smith will also be coming.

As we're obviously struggling financially I'd prefer his assistant to be a player coach. Two for the price of one so to speak. 

55 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Correct. Goodwillie shouldn't even get a mention. It's a fresh start and all we should be thinking about is backing the guy and letting him get on with the job!

Good luck with that, there’ll be a Partick Thistle fan and a few Pars fans along shortly to bring it up at every opportunity 😂

Edited by San Starko Rover

If McGlynn is confirmed then this is a decent appointment ... I'd have welcomed him at Palmerston ... always liked the football his teams played.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

So when John Hughes got Falkirk promoted then kept them there for four seasons, he hadn't established Falkirk as a top flight side because Eddie May then relegated them?

Scott Burns now reporting McGlynn to Falkirk is nearly a done deal.

Motherwell are currently an established top flight side. RRs 7th 2nd 7th relegated is not the signature of an “established” side. 

Anyway, if it’s him, so be it. No gnashing of teeth from me. I have already said I will get my ST. That’s about all anyone can do…..and that will be the case regardless of who gets the gig.

Good luck with that, there’ll be a Partick Thistle fan and a few Pars fans along shortly to bring it up at every opportunity [emoji23]
What a stupid thing to say.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Scott Burns is usually on the money with these things so it may well be going ahead.

Apart from the Brian “hard done by” Rice narrative 

24 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

As we're obviously struggling financially I'd prefer his assistant to be a player coach. Two for the price of one so to speak. 

He is not going to come to Falkirk without the guy he has worked beside for years. 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He is not going to come to Falkirk without the guy he has worked beside for years. 

Paul Smith’s wife is our CEO. Whether that means he stays even if John goes or not I don’t know. If Paul goes too then she’s probably out the door.

If this comes off, I can see absolutely no downside for us. No more untried youth coaches, aspiring barbers of American tourists but an actual bona fide football manager. It's an idea we haven't tried for years. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
38 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Apart from the Brian “hard done by” Rice narrative 

I saw that. Comedy gold. How these two mythical Directors can push anything through on a board of six, the CEO, DoF and Phil Rawlins all on the interview panel is beyond me. Even with my limited brainpower that’s nine. Embarrassing.