The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Scott Burns is usually on the money with these things so it may well be going ahead.

Oh Jeezo, it could even happen before I go on holiday. I think with where we currently are he would be a decent appointment and should get the backing of the majority of fans. 

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He has hardly established RR as a Championship side. If that were the case, he wouldn’t have been manager in L1 twice.

So when John Hughes got Falkirk promoted then kept them there for four seasons, he hadn't established Falkirk as a top flight side because Eddie May then relegated them?

Scott Burns now reporting McGlynn to Falkirk is nearly a done deal.

Whether this is true or not I like the idea of appointing a new gaffer as early as possible. It gives them more time to try and attract the players we really need to get us challenging next season. A decent new manager and some good, early signings would help ST sales.

Iv already said my piece on this anyway but if it is happening, its a very pragmatic and sensible appointment from the board. Its exactly what we need at this time and so after various decisions they have presided over that were questionable at best, I will say that I wholeheartedly approve of this one.

If it happens.

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I'd still rather have Ian Murray. However, if McGlynn is going to happen, I would like him to express his contrition once more in his opening interview and detail what he learned from the entire ordeal. If he does this, he'll have my backing.

Why? This should be a fresh start. Absolutely no reason why he should explain his reasoning for decisions made in previous employment.

Let it be consigned to the past ffs.

Edited by latapythelegend

Why? This should be a fresh start. Absolutely no reason why he should explain his reasoning for decisions made in previous employment.

Agree with this, plus he has already came out

Would be happy with him or Murray all things considered. Finally appear to not be going for an ‘experiment’ and a manager who’s had the most pedigree since Hartley.

11 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Correct. Goodwillie shouldn't even get a mention. It's a fresh start and all we should be thinking about is backing the guy and letting him get on with the job!

Daily Record reporting that the club have put together an impressive 5 year plan. I might be wrong, but I think that is us onto our third within the last 4 years.
Must be running them concurrently, with 2 or 3 really shite ones due to expire in the next couple of years, it should be game on for season 25/26 [emoji3]

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I agree, we have all made mistakes in our time, let him move on.

8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Yeah, perhaps you're right - I get the fresh start thing. Footballing-wise, I just really hope it works out. Not sure how much longer I can take League One football.

Edit: I've thought about it more, so deleted my original post xxx

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Ah see we've been renting out our home carpark to Bairds Maltings for the last year and charging them a very healthy monthly rent for the privilege too,  on top of our good sponsorship deals, whereas it seems Falkirk are having to fork out for using TFS. You have more ST holders than us, but we get good income elsewhere. No idea what Hamilton and Livi do for income, like us it certainly doesn't come from ST sales.

Hamilton make money off their ground but livi who knows.

By the way, probably can’t stress the importance of getting rid of the position of Holt for an appointment like this. Not a chance in hell McGlynn, or someone similar, would be coming if he had to work under someone like Holt - in that sense it has broadened our options. Curious to see who he’ll be able to bring in. Can we please just call him the ‘manager’ though x

Edited by 18BAIRN76