The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its what's being said on the forum. Either there is a leak from the board or there are bullshitters saying we are going for McGynn its one or the other.

Goodness knows what Raith make of it and not a good to go about your business.

Can you show me where anybody has claimed to be ITK and said they definitely know for a fact we have went for McGlynn? All I have read is guess work, speculation or people suggesting who they think we are looking at or who they think we should be looking at. Fans are allowed to offer an opinion on who they want as manager FFS! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

21 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

I really wish that posters stopped just making up posts and implied "inside knowledge " Okay it does build up a bit of controversy but come on. We are a group of 30 or 40 fans who love our club but have little idea about the new machine ( apart from BPM probably) and I think people think of likely targets and get a wee bit ahead of themselves. Please stop

You wouldn't say that if you knew what I do!

I really wish that posters stopped just making up posts and implied "inside knowledge " Okay it does build up a bit of controversy but come on. We are a group of 30 or 40 fans who love our club but have little idea about the new machine ( apart from BPM probably) and I think people think of likely targets and get a wee bit ahead of themselves. Please stop

For the final time and I don’t know how many times SD has told you, that’s what forums are for. Speculation, rumours, wishes, they’re all in the mix. If you look at our case there are only a few possibilities and it’s therefore only natural that those names get brought up.
To the best of my knowledge, there have been no leaks from the board. That’s all that I can say but maybe others know different. 

25 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its what's being said on the forum. Either there is a leak from the board or there are bullshitters saying we are going for McGynn its one or the other.

Goodness knows what Raith make of it and not a good to go about your business.

I’m going to speculate here (and I know you are in the process of trying to ban speculation but I’m going for it anyway)

Raith probably couldn’t give a f**k about what is being said on a fans forum. Also, who gives a f**k what Raith think anyway. 

Guest Ecosse83
35 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

You do know that’s the whole point of these forums 😂

If you don’t want to read about rumours or potential in the know stuff then simply stay away from here! 

Guest Ecosse83

I know it’s just hearsay but I’m liking the names being mentioned. Mcglynn 😉 won’t be a fashionable signing but knows this league inside out and would be a very solid appointment to get us going in the right direction again. Murray would be a good appointment as well although hasn’t been quite as successful as Mcglynn but I’d be very happy with him.

The board in my opinion will deserve a lot of credit for attracting either of those to the club! 

11 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m going to speculate here (and I know you are in the process of trying to ban speculation but I’m going for it anyway)

Raith probably couldn’t give a f**k about what is being said on a fans forum. Also, who gives a f**k what Raith think anyway. 

In addition, if we are interested in McGlynn or any other manager, we would need to get permission from their BOD to speak to their man which means that they would have to know.

Cant believe we would risk another Mackinnon situation.

25 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

In addition, if we are interested in McGlynn or any other manager, we would need to get permission from their BOD to speak to their man which means that they would have to know.

Cant believe we would risk another Mackinnon situation.

With mcglynn and Murray out of contract in the summer I'm sure either them or their agents will have spoken to any interested parties . They aren't going to wait till the end of the season and have nothing in the pipeline although Murray obviously has the safety of being wanted at Airdrie so will be in no rush.  Very few deals will happen exactly according to the rules. You just don't do it so blatantly badly as we did with McKinnon.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

As mentioned already, it’s reported we are near a deal…and you lot have mentioned a possible competing offer, so we’ll see. The majority of Raith fans would welcome him back, and most of the rest would tolerate it. The whole “situation” was a complete mess, but I think that JMcG’s part is over-rated somewhat, mainly because the BoD hung him out to dry after his statement by saying nothing (and they still haven’t). Yes, he pushed to sign DG, as a football manager looking at a football player. I honestly think he’s so myopically focused on football that he simply assumed that since DG had been playing for Clyde for a while the whole matter had “blown over”. A lot of the older fans seem to view the DG situation as overblown, possibly as a result of growing up in the boys will be boys era.
That being said, I’d prefer we didn’t re-sign JMcG (of course, that is asking a BoD that I don’t trust to sort socks to hire a competent replacement, oy). I think he’s learned and developed from the fiasco, but I also think he’s nearly reached his ceiling. The literal collapse in the second half of the season was more than the loss of a player or two, but also an inability to adapt effectively to significant changes the rest of the league had made. At the League One level, that weakness is less significant, as there is much less budget and ability to make changes.
For Falkirk, JMcG would likely be a good manager, IF given at least two seasons to rebuild the team and culture. He would certainly help you develop some young talent, and probably make the football more attractive, but is the patience there? His biggest other weakness is a over commitment to players that perhaps causes him to play them too much verses their productiveness.  Or really sure where the unlikeable tag comes from, but he doesn’t suffer fools gladly.
Agree but if they get McGlynn in early I think they can go up in one season.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Where are the leaks? If this was the previous regime we would have know long ago who the new manager was going to be. I remember when sheerin got the gig it was in the papers about 10 days before the announcement. 
You be are having another fucking shocker mate. 

I think it’s funny that a football forum and integrity are being linked. It’s a place for us all to take turns giving some worthy insights and some spectacularly idiotic guff.

I have said it before, anyone inside the game……players and club staff who decide to read forums like this needs to have a word with themselves…..there is absolutely nothing of value for them here………and certainly not a shred of journalistic integrity.

You do know that’s the whole point of these forums [emoji23]
If you don’t want to read about rumours or potential in the know stuff then simply stay away from here! 
I know. It is make believe and it is quite humorous at times. It fills a whole where good football should be. My only concern is that some people may think it is factual when it is just second guessing. I am just desperate for a real appointment to be made so we know where we are heading.

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm just interested to know where do you expect Raith to finish though. As I said they are where given their resources they should be give or take a place up or down. Seems harsh to think anyone could do any better. Than 3rd place in the championship.

With a manager with better responses to opponents changes within a season, and a better record of signings (not that his is terrible), I could hope for a Livi or St. Johnstone like existence.

Guest Brockvillenomore
7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think it’s funny that a football forum and integrity are being linked. It’s a place for us all to take turns giving some worthy insights and some spectacularly idiotic guff.

I have said it before, anyone inside the game……players and club staff who decide to read forums like this needs to have a word with themselves…..there is absolutely nothing of value for them here………and certainly not a shred of journalistic integrity.

I look forward to reminding you about this! 😃

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

With a manager with better responses to opponents changes within a season, and a better record of signings (not that his is terrible), I could hope for a Livi or St. Johnstone like existence.

Come on a wee bit of realism here when was the last time Raith were in the top flight?  You're  in a position your resources deserve.  Last year you over achieved to come 3rd and yet you think you should be an established premiership side.  Livi have all sorts of dodgy goings on to fund their team and at Johnstone are a bigger club who make a lot of money through their stadium.  

8 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
11 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:
You do know that’s the whole point of these forums emoji23.png

I know. It is make believe and it is quite humorous at times. It fills a whole where good football should be. My only concern is that some people may think it is factual when it is just second guessing. I am just desperate for a real appointment to be made so we know where we are heading.

Do you really think there are now people on here that think Jean lecsinel is going to be the next Falkirk manager.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Do you really think there are now people on here that think Jean lecsinel is going to be the next Falkirk manager.

😂

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Come on a wee bit of realism here when was the last time Raith were in the top flight?  You're  in a position your resources deserve.  Last year you over achieved to come 3rd and yet you think you should be an established premiership side.  Livi have all sorts of dodgy goings on to fund their team and at Johnstone are a bigger club who make a lot of money through their stadium.  

I get what your saying here, however, if Raith feel McGlynn has taken them as far as he can, then surely the next step is to try for a manager who can take them to the next level. It may not work out but fans will never be happy if a Board decides to just sit stagnant and accept where they are. 

27 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I get what your saying here, however, if Raith feel McGlynn has taken them as far as he can, then surely the next step is to try for a manager who can take them to the next level. It may not work out but fans will never be happy if a Board decides to just sit stagnant and accept where they are. 

That depends on where their resources and attendances should have them though.  Should Hearts sack Robbie neilson because they aren't winning the champions League?  If you've got a manager whose already got you overachieving at times then getting rid of him is fraught with danger just ask Charlton fans. Different when your under achieving obviously but you have to be realistic.  Raith don't have the attendances or resources to expect to be a premier League club it's as simple as that . When clubs start to get greedy that's when issues start. Look at us allowing Hughes to sign dad's army in search of the allusive top 6 when we were doing just fine the way we were. Now look at us.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Don't want to derail this thread too much with Rovers talk, but for me its all relative.  We finished 3rd last season, which was better than many of us thought, but at Xmas time this season we were in a title challenge.  When we beat Kilmarnock on 18 Dec we went something like 5 points clear of them.  We spend money on 2 different players this season (unheard of for Rovers) which more than likely came into 6 figures.  We went from being 5 points clear of Kilmarnock in December, to 17 points behind them on Friday.  The absolute least should have been a playoff spot this season.

That's not to say that Rovers have some devine right to be in the Premiership, but it's not a wild ambition to at least be competing for that prize - and the resource has been made available to aim for that this season.  Also, Livi, Hamilton and ICT have all spent time in the top flight or are still there - and our attendances are better than 2 of them and comparable with another.  I'm sure there are some creative accounting going on somewhere, but can't rule that out at Starks Park either :lol:

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Don't want to derail this thread too much with Rovers talk, but for me its all relative.  We finished 3rd last season, which was better than many of us thought, but at Xmas time this season we were in a title challenge.  When we beat Kilmarnock on 18 Dec we went something like 5 points clear of them.  We spend money on 2 different players this season (unheard of for Rovers) which more than likely came into 6 figures.  We went from being 5 points clear of Kilmarnock in December, to 17 points behind them on Friday.  The absolute least should have been a playoff spot this season.

That's not to say that Rovers have some devine right to be in the Premiership, but it's not a wild ambition to at least be competing for that prize - and the resource has been made available to aim for that this season.  Also, Livi, Hamilton and ICT have all spent time in the top flight or are still there - and our attendances are better than 2 of them and comparable with another.  I'm sure there are some creative accounting going on somewhere, but can't rule that out at Starks Park either :lol:

One player you signed for decent cash never played a game though and that surely was the bods decision not mcglynn. You can argue all day over the rights and wrongs of mcglynn putting him to your board as a possible signing but they okayed it and then refused to let him kick a ball. Whilst most of us agree he should never have been signed in the first place once the bod has agreed to sign him it's not the managers fault hes not allowed to play him yet the cash is out his budget surely.