The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The numbers in the FSS really need to increase to make a meaningful difference in my opinion. Fans have been given a fantastic opportunity to own the club and make decisions for real change yet many seem content to moan and complain from the sidelines rather than contribute and help, Greenock Morton have a similar fan ownership scheme and have double the numbers we do despite having a smaller fan base. It’s kinda embarrassing to be honest and says a bit about the attitude some of our fans have. Hearts, Motherwell, St Mirren are all fully or partially fan owned and have a far larger percentage of they’re respective fan bases contributing as well.

Yeah although certainly the fact that Morton probably wouldn't exist without these fans buying into it probably helped boost their numbers.  Fans always tend to come out in numbers when clubs are facing disaster or of course doing very well. We currently have a malaise about our club caused by previous boards eagerness to take the supporters for granted.  We need to hope that a new manager and some encouraging signings will change that and hopefully a publicity drive by the fss at season ticket time with membership forms in the season ticket pack etc will help encourage others to join up .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I get that sentiment but the club have to give the supporters something to buy into. The new Board are working their tails off behind the scenes but most supporters are only interested in the one field performance. As a club we need to start to get that right or the three logged stool will be much more difficult to deliver.

We’ve managed to nail the stool part.

Guest Ecosse83

What a relief that season is over, I always maintained that if Rennie was kept on I wouldn’t be back next season. I’m back into the pre season mood of hopeful optimism already. Looking forward to see who we appoint next and what that manager does with the playing squad. Season ticket money is already put to the side 😂🤦‍♂️

Our managers have always been well enough backed and a decent manager would have had us up at the first go in this league regardless of who the board are/were. Unfortunately the old board consistently got their most important decision horrendously wrong in appointing shit manager after shit manager! Appoint a decent manager and sign some ok players and the fans will return next season, that’s just how it works! 

Apparently the rumours are true and we've offered McGlynn a deal on more than he's getting now at Raith.  His decision will come down to whether Raith are prepared to match it next week.  

Wait and see I guess - personally I'd rather we got Murray or Wright.  I've never taken to McGlynn and don't think many Raith fans would be disappointed if he left, a feeling that he's gone as far as he can with them combined with the DGW saga.  That said, he's probably got enough about him to improve us and saw signings like Berra, Armstrong, Gullan, Hendry etc when we were signing the likes of Joe McKee and Seb Ross so at least that's something.  I think he's an appointment that would need a quick bounce as I think a fair few share my view that he's an unlikeable character.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Apparently the rumours are true and we've offered McGlynn a deal on more than he's getting now at Raith.  His decision will come down to whether Raith are prepared to match it next week.  

Wait and see I guess - personally I'd rather we got Murray or Wright.  I've never taken to McGlynn and don't think many Raith fans would be disappointed if he left, a feeling that he's gone as far as he can with them.  That said, he's probably got enough about him to improve us and saw signings like Berra, Armstrong, Gullan, Hendry etc when we were signing the likes of Joe McKee and Seb Ross so at least that's something.  I think he's an appointment that would need a quick bounce as I think a fair few share my view that he's an unlikeable character.  

With respect is it only rumours?

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Wait and see I guess - personally I'd rather we got Murray or Wright.  I've never taken to McGlynn and don't think many Raith fans would be disappointed if he left, a feeling that he's gone as far as he can with them combined with the DGW saga.  That said, he's probably got enough about him to improve us and saw signings like Berra, Armstrong, Gullan, Hendry etc when we were signing the likes of Joe McKee and Seb Ross so at least that's something.  I think he's an appointment that would need a quick bounce as I think a fair few share my view that he's an unlikeable character.  

Doubt Raith will offer him anything or they would have by now. He'll be elsewhere next season whether it's us or not who knows. Not sure about the unlikeable guy as I don't know him from Adam but he seems to get his team's playing for him and that's the main thing.

18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

He can be as ‘unlikeable’ as he wants, as long as he knows how to get us out of this mess in which we find ourselves.

He’s exactly the kind of manager we need at this time.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

He can be as ‘unlikeable’ as he wants, as long as he knows how to get us out of this mess in which we find ourselves.

He’s exactly the kind of manager we need at this time.

Correct. 

Won the league before.

Excellent contacts

Recruitment record is very good on a restricted budget.

Has shown he can also compete in the championship.

Ticks all the boxes for me 

54 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Ill just leave this here.

E2PJ-ReX0AYsAse.jpg

Edited by Nkomo-A-Gogo

50 minutes ago, Springfield said:

With respect is it only rumours?

As I have said before either the Board leaks like a sieve or the forum's got bullshitters.

How can the board be credible in the eyes of the support when certain individuals give the lowdown to all and sundry on what's going on.

If it is true them McGlynn will be far from impressed and rightly so.

50 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I never liked McGlynn but hugely respected him- but I am an EF supporter! Raith were a basket case post Hughes when he took over them in league 1. We were beating them often and he has improved them significantly. He gets them promoted, next season they get to the championship play- offs and this year he just misses out despite horrendous injuries!  He has the ability to get good loan signings and they play attractive football. Now clearly some fans have problems re the DGW situation, others believe the responsibility lies with the Board. All i can say he is a good manager,and if you get the chance to sign him grab it. He is  clearly better than anything you have had of late- but he will need the time to make the changes and will Falkirk fans give him the time?

23 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Ill just leave this here.

E2PJ-ReX0AYsAse.jpg

Suppose it does not effect his ability to manage a football team but for anybody not wanting McGlynn simply because he has one of those abrasive personality’s it would surely then equally if not more so put said person off wanting Wright as manager? At least as far as the the likability factor goes based on this anyway. If he engages in such antiquated, backward, borderline bigotry in his spare time it hardly gives the guy a glowing character reference. Looking purely at the CV McGlynn does ticks all the boxes. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

This is the same Mcglynn that would've lost the league to M&M but for COVID? When did he become super? 

I get the negativity over the last few seasons, we've been terrible. The idea that it'll take years to turn around though, why should it? Loads of teams have turned around in a season and we still have advantages over most teams in this league. I'd like to know what (as we keep seeing posted on here)will take years to fix behind the scenes that we always hear about? The shop? The hospitality? The website? I'd genuinely like to know. If we get the right manager and some new players to go with and improve some of our squad then what behind the scenes would hold us back, or is this just excuse for the new board set up? 

And before anyone says, I'm in the FSS, I agree with fan ownership and want everything to be a success.

11 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

This is the same Mcglynn that would've lost the league to M&M but for COVID? When did he become super? 

I get the negativity over the last few seasons, we've been terrible. The idea that it'll take years to turn around though, why should it? Loads of teams have turned around in a season and we still have advantages over most teams in this league. I'd like to know what (as we keep seeing posted on here)will take years to fix behind the scenes that we always hear about? The shop? The hospitality? The website? I'd genuinely like to know. If we get the right manager and some new players to go with and improve some of our squad then what behind the scenes would hold us back, or is this just excuse for the new board set up? 

And before anyone says, I'm in the FSS, I agree with fan ownership and want everything to be a success.

Agree it COULD be turned around in one season but it would take a fantastic effort with everything having to fall into place very quickly, if you take into account Dunfermline, Kelty, QP and possibly QOTS will all be full time and have similar or larger playing budgets to ours. For us to win the league we need the next manager to be 100% on it from day one, we can’t afford a bad signing or a project type player, we’d also need a bit of luck with moving out players under contract to free up wages and a bit of luck with injuries over the course of the season. I’d say it’s possible to win this league but probably now more on the unlikely side and I certainly no longer have us down as favourites as would have been the case in previous seasons. We may as a group of fans have to try and be patient which is obviously a bitter pill to swallow have already been stuck in this league 3 seasons.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

All those rumours about McGlynn, Murray, Wright et al makes for great speculation and debate but I can honestly say I have never heard anything emanating from the new board which has any credibility. In fact, this board appear to be keeping things very tight which is good.

Im just happy to wait and see what they’re cooking up.