The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, badgerthewitness said:

MT gauging other teams' success relative to Falkirk is an unexpected end of season turn.

Yes, I hoped you'd enjoy it.

I'm just scrambling round looking for a club that might be said to have had a worse season than us.  It's kind of debatable though.

Genuine question: Did you lot spend any time in the bottom tier when there were 3 divisions - basically the spell between 1975 and 1994?  My dodgy memory says yes, but I'm not sure.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I hoped you'd enjoy it.

I'm just scrambling round looking for a club that might be said to have had a worse season than us.  It's kind of debatable though.

Genuine question: Did you lot spend any time in the bottom tier when there were 3 divisions - basically the spell between 1975 and 1994?  My dodgy memory says yes, but I'm not sure.

Comfortably the worst team / season in my lifetime.

I'd love to say it can't get any worse, but I've said exactly the same the past three years only for the next season to be even worse.

3 hours ago, Russ said:

So where’s this release list then?

I suspect you may be waiting a while.

Normally the manager tells the players after the last game if they’ll be offered a new contract, and the ones who won’t are on the release list which goes out a few days later.

This year there is no-one to make those decisions. It’ll be up to the next manager to decide if he wants to offer deals to the likes of Mutch, Telfer etc, assuming they haven’t signed for anyone else before he arrives. So until he’s in place I don’t think you’ll get much of a release list.

I guess the alternative is to put up a list of everyone who’s out of contract and add a caveat that the next manager might ask some of them to come back, but that would seem a clumsy way of doing things IMO. We’ll see in the next few days.

5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

You’re at your lowest ebb then you remember we’ll have Queen of the South and their posters down in the league next year.

Hard going.

You struggle with people just having conversations, unless all parties support your team, don't you Hughsie?

It's a funny failing.

14 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

You’re at your lowest ebb then you remember we’ll have Queen of the South and their posters down in the league next year.

Hard going.

always thought the QOS and Dumbarton posters are the best on here for insightful balanced (in the main) posts

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Normally the manager tells the players after the last game if they’ll be offered a new contract, and the ones who won’t are on the release list which goes out a few days later.

This year there is no-one to make those decisions. It’ll be up to the next manager to decide if he wants to offer deals to the likes of Mutch, Telfer etc, assuming they haven’t signed for anyone else before he arrives. So until he’s in place I don’t think you’ll get much of a release list.

I guess the alternative is to put up a list of everyone who’s out of contract and add a caveat that the next manager might ask some of them to come back, but that would seem a clumsy way of doing things IMO. We’ll see in the next few days.

Or we may have a manager lined up who already knows who he wants to keep or move on. Who knows.

54 minutes ago, Rocco said:

There is no doubt the squad has a lot of shit in it, however, I truly believe that with the right manager and if we make 6 good signings, some of the players in the team could look completely different

Not for me- we won’t be near the play offs with only 6 signings in what will be a tougher league next season.

We’re short of quality in virtually every position.

I've heard a rumour that it could be James McPake but he's currently having knee surgery so that's why it's a temporary gig at the moment.

Absolutely brilliant guy, and you'll not find many people that 'buy in' to a club as much as he would, but I hope for your sake that it's absolute nonsense (which tbf, it easily could be!).

He beat Kenny Miller to the Dundee gig. If there's even a bit of truth in it, Miller must fucking hate McPake beating him to job after job!

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Or we may have a manager lined up who already knows who he wants to keep or move on. Who knows.

Yeah that's possible, and it would be a good sign IMO if it were true. Either way though I don't think anything can happen until we announce a manager. 

All I’m really looking for is a very short statement saying everyone out of contract won’t be offered a new deal and everyone still under contract is free to leave. If they’re looking for people to tell the players as well I’m more than happy to help out.

Doesn’t seem too unreasonable imo.