The Falkirk FC Thread

Yet another season where we're asking ourselves how did it possibly get worse than the year before? Also another massive decision to make for our board in terms of who they appoint as our next manager but it's very difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel given the players we already have signed up for next season. 

A lot can happen over the summer but I highly doubt we'll be able to get rid of most of those plebs. 

Thank god the season's over but our problems are far from over.

Edited by FFC 1876

18 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

image.gif.a7f7850aa5382dd35d9cc723ccfdd766.gif

Leigh Griffiths leaving Falkirk having been paid £1500+ a week to score two goals in 14 appearances in the Scottish third tier, contributing to a bottom half finish. 

Got to be one of our worst signings in a long time on a value for money basis. 

£1500 a week down the drain (and off next season’s already limited budget) for basically zero contribution. Absolutely crazy decision to sanction the signing.

Who could possibly have foreseen the disaster this season has been when we started the campaign with one of the most inept boards in Scottish football; Gary fucking Holt (!) leading up footballing operations and a 'Head Coach' who only wanted the job because he'd been booted from coaching kiddies and putting the bibs and cones out at Aberdeen; those two brainboxes combining to sign almost an entirely new squad comprising of dregs from Morton, Partick etc etc on two and three year contracts, literal children, their pals, or in one case, their son lol; replacing Cones halfway through the season with a Salesman who had never managed in the UK before and appointing an assistant who was more interested in Rangers punditry rather than coaching, and those two spunking a significant sum of money in January on signing a washed-up former international striker who has hardly kicked a ball since 2018 on 1500 quid a week, rather than sorting the glaringly obvious holes in the centre of the park. Certainly not me!

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

£1500 a week down the drain (and off next season’s already limited budget) for basically zero contribution. Absolutely crazy decision to sanction the signing.

20:20 hindsight.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not really- I think most people could have said in January that spending £1500 a week on a player who is not fit and who hasn’t contributed much elsewhere recently wasn’t the best use of funds when there were still huge weaknesses elsewhere in the squad.

It wasn't so long that we looked upon the Ochilview season as dreadful but having seen how we've fallen, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

It wasn't so long ago that we had a critical word against some of those players who work the Navy Blue and now done the cobwebs, but having seen how far we've fallen I'd take back Grant, Robson, Longridge, McHugh and Mikey Doyle in a heartbeat- MIKEY DOYLE FFS! 

But today is the end of the worst chapter in our club's history. It is hopefully the beginning of the reality that we are not this dormant giant about to wake up and return to the dizzy heights. We never were to begin with!

Perhaps something 80s which I think is applicable can perhaps herald the new beginning:

They have to get better.

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not really- I think most people could have said in January that spending £1500 a week on a player who is not fit and who hasn’t contributed much elsewhere recently wasn’t the best use of funds when there were still huge weaknesses elsewhere in the squad.

Failure to strengthen the midfield was a disaster but LG really should have been capable of contributing far more in this league.

20 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It's not hindsight if it was pointed out at the time how dreadful a signing it would be. Which it was, by several.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Sounds like at least 2 of our sponsors off to QP with KK. I’m sure today’s match sponsors Fanatikool and Farmer Autocare have both sponsored Falkirk in the past.

Ask KK about the pile of shite he signed up for our shirt sponsor why don’t you. 

21 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

It wasn't so long that we looked upon the Ochilview season as dreadful but having seen how we've fallen, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

It wasn't so long ago that we had a critical word against some of those players who work the Navy Blue and now done the cobwebs, but having seen how far we've fallen I'd take back Grant, Robson, Longridge, McHugh and Mikey Doyle in a heartbeat- MIKEY DOYLE FFS! 

But today is the end of the worst chapter in our club's history. It is hopefully the beginning of the reality that we are not this dormant giant about to wake up and return to the dizzy heights. We never were to begin with!

Perhaps something 80s which I think is applicable can perhaps herald the new beginning:

They have to get better.

We’ve not hit “dizzying heights” since the late 40s but we should be doing better than what we are doing!

33 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Didn’t it come from B4L? 

I see Liam Craig has played a grand total of 18 minutes since January but couldn’t be let go to join us as he’s a key player.

Our season went to shit when Morrison got injured against Queen’s Park at home. As much as he may well be overrated, someone with his pace is very hard to come buy. We probably wouldn’t be able to replace him if we lost him. I thought we actually did alright today but obviously it was a glorified friendly for us. Queen’s Park will remain with us next season as they are awful Brown and O’Connell aside. Anyway, the season is done, let’s focus on the rebuild and try as hard as it may be to support the club and try and get some positivity around the club starting with the new manager.