The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Mcglynn is a total dinosaur imo. We won’t be going up next season if that is the standard of appointment.

There’s some bonkers posts on here most days but that Sir  is the best I’ve seen for a while 😂👏

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Mcglynn is a total dinosaur imo. We won’t be going up next season if that is the standard of appointment.

The job he has done at Raith on a far smaller playing budget than Falkirk have been operating with would suggest he’s a more than capable manager at this level. If winning the league with Raith then having them in the play offs first season back up makes him a dinosaur I’ll take a dinosaur at Falkirk right now if they could achieve a similar outcome with us!

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

And you would appoint who exactly? 

Most people who wouldn’t want mcglynn or Murray, when asked that question, would say guff like “we should go all out for jack ross!! Worth the ask!!”.

We are where we are. I would absolutely take Mcglynn or Murray.

32 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not quite. The example I (kind of) know a bit about was Lawwell at Celtic. Not everyone had a reporting line to him, but key players in every single thread of Celtic business (including the football side of the business), reported to him.

Even the Board took a telling from him. Like him or not, then was no doubting that he was a real CEO.

Read something similar when McCann introduced a management structure into running Celtic.

Demarcation, Targets, KPI's', Designated individuals responsible for certain aspects and nothing else. reporting up the management tree. You can say what you like about McCann what he achieved after he took over Whites and Kelly's train crash of a club was an incredible achievement.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not getting the love for McGlynn.

Obviously better than the parade of failures that we have endured in recent times but just something about the man that I can’t take to.

I actually agree he does have a “personality” that makes you  automatically dislike the man, but on paper his record at this level is as good as anybodys. I’d happily suffer him if he got us up and re-established us.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

I would rather we weren’t looking at McGlynn as a saviour but I’d also rather we weren’t in league one for the 4th season in a row and would rather be a millionaire. Beggars can’t be choosers and needs must. We absolutely need an experienced hand to get us out of this shitshow and definitely no more “projects” or “innovative” inexperienced appointments. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

You don't want to be managed by a man who signed a rapist? Surely.

No I don’t to be honest. I would absolutely prefer Ian Murray but I don’t think that’s happening. 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The job he has done at Raith on a far smaller playing budget than Falkirk have been operating with would suggest he’s a more than capable manager at this level. If winning the league with Raith then having them in the play offs first season back up

He didn’t win the league with Raith. He was awarded the league title based on an arbitrary point in time. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not quite. The example I (kind of) know a bit about was Lawwell at Celtic. Not everyone had a reporting line to him, but key players in every single thread of Celtic business (including the football side of the business), reported to him.

Even the Board took a telling from him. Like him or not, then was no doubting that he was a real CEO.

Maybe not directly but through a pyramid structure that ultimately reports to the CEO, yes that’s what a CEO is. 

JS not there yet. But I suspect he wants to be or wouldn’t have taken the job. The idea he wants to be a DoF doesn’t make sense, IMHO. 

1 hour ago, grumpyoldman said:

While you are correct that Murray hasn’t won anything, think it’s a tad unfair to say his record is piss poor. Both have the same sort of win ratio

Mcglynns record has trophies on it Murray's doesn't. That's what it's all about surely? They don't hand out prizes for ratios.

19 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

He didn’t win the league with Raith. He was awarded the league title based on an arbitrary point in time. 

He'd won it before with Raith and was ahead of us in the league despite having about a third of our budget when they got given league one .  To then take them to 3rd top of the champ was pretty good going. 

At the end of the day we know mcglynn can win this league and compete in the championship. We don't know at the moment whether Murray is capable of either. I'd take Murray but I'd prefer mcglynn.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

54 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not getting the love for McGlynn.

Obviously better than the parade of failures that we have endured in recent times but just something about the man that I can’t take to.

I agree I don't get the love for mcglynn.  there were hundreds of posts on here about giving up falkirk forever if we signed DGW, yet this guy actually signed him. 

Just now, bridge of allan bairn said:

I agree I don't get the love for mcglynn.  there were hundreds of posts on here about giving up falkirk forever if we signed DGW, yet this guy actually signed him. 

The managers job is to recommend good players to the bod that they want to sign. The bod then make decisions on whether to sign on moral grounds  if necessary.  Miller and McCracken did exactly the same as mcglynn did but I never saw anyone castigating them for it. He won't be trying to sign dgw for us that's the main thing.

Guest Ecosse83

If we got Mcglynn or Murray I wouldn’t complain but looking at managerial records we should also seriously consider McIntyre. He didn’t do great with Dundee in his last job but has done a solid job everywhere else he has been and has also managed to win some silverware as well. He would probably be my number 1 choice considering where we are right now! 

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The managers job is to recommend good players to the bod that they want to sign. The bod then make decisions on whether to sign on moral grounds  if necessary.  Miller and McCracken did exactly the same as mcglynn did but I never saw anyone castigating them for it. He won't be trying to sign dgw for us that's the main thing.

Miller and mccracken wanted to sign DGW?