The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You can sell streams domestically now too, which wasn't the case when we were first in League One.

Do you think we will continue with the live stream next season?  I live in Edinburgh and have health problems so I can't make it to the stadium.  The live stream has been great for me.

A Partick Thistle fan sent me a TikTok by Sammy Ompreon from earlier in the season. He documents his daily routine at the club. Breakfast from 9.30-10.30, then on pitch training from 10.30-11.45, lunch till 13.00 and then the gym before having a shower then home.

This surely has to be an obvious reason as to why we have performed so poorly this season. An hour and a bit of on pitch training? Is that the norm nowadays?

I saw the video,no wonder we’re not any fitter than part time players

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Home fan  attendances haven't changed that much though incredibly enough.  The crowds in 2017 were boosted by away supports of around 1800 on at least 6 occasions.  In league one your lucky if you get 200 from away supports with some only double figures. Compared to some other clubs who have spent seasons down here our crowds have held up pretty well.

I appreciate your "glass half full attitude" and it is nice to have something positive to hold on to as literally everything else about and related to your club lurches from disaster to disaster. Good for you. It's all terrible but lots of people regularly watch it being terrible is your mantra. 👍

Guest Ecosse83

Deary me that was a tough read 😂

I seen Murray at a petrol station earlier in the week in Livingston presumably ready to jump on the M8 to Airdrie. Looked miserable in his Airdrie tracksuit, he will be a happier man with the Navy blue on 😎

33 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I appreciate your "glass half full attitude" and it is nice to have something positive to hold on to as literally everything else about and related to your club lurches from disaster to disaster. Good for you. It's all terrible but lots of people regularly watch it being terrible is your mantra. 👍

I don't think you'll get many on here agreeing with you re me having a glass half full attitude. We've been abysmal on the park and recent boards have treated fans abysmally off the park.  You could possibly say that the loyalty of our support has worked against us at times as bods have seen approx 2500 season tickets sold every season no matter how crap we've been on the park and that's given them little encouragement to really  improve things.  Other clubs have seen crowds plummet due to similar circumstance. Feck me QoS who used to have a decent support had 600 turning up the other week and that was then still in the champ. Aye, Raith, Morton have never seen crowds recover. We are beginning to reach a stage where things need to turn around or crowds will finally started to really dive .  Thus season is a big one for us in that sense.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest FFC1965

Agree with the post that cited ST sales as evidence of our support holding up (despite us being rotten). 

Since season 19/20 Falkirk fans have confounded logic by renewing STs in significant numbers - over 2k this season.

We've been saying for the last 3 seasons that ST sales must surely plummet this summer - I'm not sure that they will do so, but if they are to go off a cliff eg nearer 1k than 2k then it will be this season or never.

If the replacement for Rennie isn't an out an out gamble eg McGlynn I can see folk huffing and puffing then reluctantly finding the money for an ST.   The new Board  may not be perfect but at least are fellow FFC fans and not the "If I'm not Chairman anymore I'll get my Saturdays back" brigade that have thankfully been chased out the club.  My guess would be 1800 STs which I suspect would be more than any team in the Championship next season bar Dundee. 

I know that the league tables aren't based on ST sales (if only!) and we are in L1 on merit but STs provide the bedrock of investment in the first team squad. 

Its a fact that in general there is correlation between money and performance, its just that we are Scottish football statistical outlier at the moment (= we've pissed money away on dross left right & centre).

I've no grudge against Airdrie, said a couple of months ago that I thought they'd go up via the playoffs and while I know that FFC have to get our own house in order first and foremost Id much rather have Ayr in L1 than Airdrie next season.           

Edited by FFC1965

Right so, so far we have;

• Ian Murray, brief discussions had but nothing major to happen until after the playoffs if anything.
  • John McGlynn hot favourite
  • Peter Murphy another strong candidate.

Wonder how long this list will end up being by the time we actually appoint someone.

7 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Kenny Miller wants them to take the shackles off - I'd rather they put their football boots on for once!

Can't see us getting anything out of this and for those travelling, enjoy your day in Glasgow.

Oh this could be our equal best win of the season. QP have a minimum of two and potentially four play off games coming up. There is no way they field anything like their best XI tomorrow for a game that means nothing. As said previously, they will be playing their kids tomorrow.

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

such a strange wee guy🤣.

return to your baron wasteland of a thread please.