The Falkirk FC Thread

A Partick Thistle fan sent me a TikTok by Sammy Ompreon from earlier in the season. He documents his daily routine at the club. Breakfast from 9.30-10.30, then on pitch training from 10.30-11.45, lunch till 13.00 and then the gym before having a shower then home.

This surely has to be an obvious reason as to why we have performed so poorly this season. An hour and a bit of on pitch training? Is that the norm nowadays?

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That'll have multiple capped 500 crowds included in it

ahh makes sense then cheers marshy. So not remarkably down as some Airdrie fans make out.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's just over 3000 if you include the two games that were restricted attendance.

So just the drop of 19% then? We'll that's alright if you've only lost a fifth of your paying crowd. On top of the other 21% you had lost since 2017...

This Is Fine GIF

Edited by cb_diamond

25 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

So just the drop of 19% then? We'll that's alright if you've only lost a fifth of your paying crowd. On top of the other 21% you had lost since 2017...

This Is Fine GIF

Doesn't help when your getting 3 men and a dug turning up every week in the away stand.

We've lost about 8 percent of our crowd from our first season in league one.  Not that much considering performances.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Doesn't help when your getting 3 men and a dug turning up every week in the away stand.

Counting season tickets helps rather than number of punters through the turnstiles.  Boils my piss far more than it should but loads of clubs (including my own) do it.

Nice try "pal" 
But no, sadly it's merely an acceptance of our current position within the Scottish leagues. 
Something you guys seem unwilling to be able to do for some bizarre reason despite it being patently obvious you're down with the plebs on merit. 
You'll get there though. You'll have no choice in the end. 
Our "lost " fans will be back ( I think) when or if we get out of this mire. The good time gang will be back

5 hours ago, Nearly Sane said:

Not quite. The U16/18 Academy Teams weren't invited/included.

I get the impression the club are almost trying to quietly wind down the youth set up. 

No permanent head of youth, a team being closed, youth scouts all resigning, no pathway to the first team, promising youngsters having to go elsewhere.

Seems to have been a bit chaotic since Jamie Swinney was put in charge of it.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I get the impression the club are almost trying to quietly wind down the youth set up. 

No permanent head of youth, a team being closed, youth scouts all resigning, no pathway to the first team, promising youngsters having to go elsewhere.

Seems to have been a bit chaotic since Jamie Swinney was put in charge of it.

Tbh it's a big role for Swinney. He was a school sports co-ordinator before the FV Academy role and then chief executive at Stenny where they have excellent community interaction which is where his strengths quite clearly were. On the footballing side Stenny bounce between League 1 and 2 without much expectation so he wouldn't have faced the pressures he does here .

It's a big job for him to turn things around and he is one of the few at the top table who have bridged between the previous board and current one. He is in a very difficult and probably very  uncomfortable role but the jury is still out on whether or not he is the guy for it.

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Tbh it's a big role for Swinney. He was a school sports co-ordinator before the FV Academy role and then chief executive at Stenny where they have excellent community interaction which is where his strengths quite clearly were. On the footballing side Stenny bounce between League 1 and 2 without much expectation so he wouldn't have faced the pressures he does here .

It's a big job for him to turn things around and he is one of the few at the top table who have bridged between the previous board and current one. He is in a very difficult and probably very  uncomfortable role but the jury is still out on whether or not he is the guy for it.

To me he needs to focus on one role or the other. A CEO shouldn’t be involved in the minutiae of youth development- apparently he’s even been coaching.

His whole background is in youth development so I’m not surprised he’s trying to get involved in that. It was always going to be very difficult for him to effectively replace Kieran’s commercial role with no sales experience.

28 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

To me he needs to focus on one role or the other. A CEO shouldn’t be involved in the minutiae of youth development- apparently he’s even been coaching.

His whole background is in youth development so I’m not surprised he’s trying to get involved in that. It was always going to be very difficult for him to effectively replace Kieran’s commercial role with no sales experience.

They are about to appoint a Commercial Manager 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've lost about 8 percent of our crowd from our first season in league one.  Not that much considering performances.

A bit over 3700 to the current a bit over 3000 since you dropped. That's more than double your 8%. As I said earlier it's not a kick in the arse off a reduction of one-fifth of your average gate.

Edited by cb_diamond

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Stenny bounced straight down to League 2 and were second bottom when he left.

So basically, like Holt, he's not qualified for the job? Well played the old Board.

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I would guess he secretly wanted Holts job and is on his way to getting it.