The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, thediamonddude said:

Not sure where the idea that Ian Murray is a done deal is coming from - given the kind of individual he seems to be, I’d imagine he’d have flat out told Falkirk he wouldn’t discuss anything until after the playoffs. 

Not saying they won’t have sounded him out, but that doesn’t mean he’s spoken to them about the role in any detail.

As things stand, he’s got a very good chance of managing a group of his own players, that he’s put together himself and has fostered a great spirit in over years, in the Championship. And, even if we don’t make it through the playoffs, whose to say the board won’t throw everything at it to keep the squad together? 

Ludicrous to suggest this is anywhere near ‘done’.

Literally the only person suggesting it is a done deal is an Airdrie fan. 

Also, it is not as if Airdrie have the ceiling Falkirk have, say you go up will you survive for long? Could see him perhaps waiting another year getting us out since he is quite young and would have much better resources and chances in champ.

FWIW, I think it will be Ian Murray or John McGlynn.

Edited by sick boy

1 hour ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

I have no inside information neither do any of my friends. All posts that I make are a pure product of my imagination. How many others on here are willing to admit that?

How can I possibly admit to knowing what your imagination produces? Unfair question.

1 hour ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

I have no inside information neither do any of my friends. All posts that I make are a pure product of my imagination. How many others on here are willing to admit that?

……and mine is 100% spot on, because I get it in the form of slips of paper from BPM who gets his info from the Chairman.

18 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Also, it is not as if Airdrie have the ceiling Falkirk have

Or the basement as it currently stands. We have in excess of 30 point and 6 league places more than you over the last two seasons. I suspect you would be in just as much relegation danger over the first couple of years in the championship as us, if not more danger.

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Or the basement as it currently stands. We have in excess of 30 point and 6 league places more than you over the last two seasons. I suspect you would be in just as much relegation danger over the first couple of years in the championship as us, if not more danger.

Yet you have been in this league for god knows how long so evidently your basement is lower.

I was talking financially/size-wise, not sure you have the capital or the support needed to stay up.

Also my point was the ceiling is not as high which is obviously true, hardly going to get to the prem playoff final with Airdrie i'm afraid

Edited by sick boy

8 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Yet you have been in this league for god knows how long so evidently your basement is lower.

I was talking financially/size-wise, not sure you have the capital or the support needed to stay up.

Also my point was the ceiling is not as high which is obviously true, hardly going to get to the prem playoff final with Airdrie i'm afraid

Nor with Falkirk I'm afraid. This notion that you guys are anything but on a continuous downward spiral is amusing. 

5 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Morton-esque. Honestly, let go of what you once were. You are firmly league one level, not top end championship. You're not that club any more. It's a bitter pill we had to swallow a while ago (insert Clydebank joke here). 

Your board are talking about going part time and you've lost 1300 fans a game since 2019. So your finance and size argument is also on shaky ground.

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Morton-esque. Honestly, let go of what you once were. You are firmly league one level, not top end championship. You're not that club any more. It's a bitter pill we had to swallow a while ago (insert Clydebank joke here). 

Your board are talking about going part time and you've lost 1300 fans a game since 2019. So your finance and size argument is also on shaky ground.

Morton🤣. When have I stated we are not league one level merely stating our potential far outweighs Airdries.

6 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

1300 a game?

Look forward to -20k season tickets being purchased next season

8 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Nor with Falkirk I'm afraid. This notion that you guys are anything but on a continuous downward spiral is amusing. 

Is quite obvious we are on downward spiral don't need an Airdrie fan (although you'd know all about downward spirals) to enlighten me tbh. 

Merely stating our potential is much bigger and this might influence Ian Murray rather than a club who hasn't even been in the championship for what, 20 years? fk knows honestly but yeah an age.

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

1300 a game?

Look forward to -20k season tickets being purchased next season

Airdrie fans  claiming it is shaky whether we have more fans than them is absolutely brilliant 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, sick boy said:

Is quite obvious we are on downward spiral don't need an Airdrie fan (although you'd know all about downward spirals) to enlighten me tbh. 

Merely stating our potential is much bigger and this might influence Ian Murray rather than a club who hasn't even been in the championship for what, 20 years? fk knows honestly but yeah an age.

If Murray went to Lolkirk then he's not as smart as I thought. You guys shit out managers left right and centre. Your fans over-expectations and impatience would lead to him being sacked if he's not given time to rebuild, as he has been at Airdrie. And he wouldn't get time. Because you've already been in League 1 longer than you think you deserve. 

Higher wages are only good if you're not sacked with a shot reputation after 6 months. 

2 minutes ago, sick boy said:

The difference being we aren't clinging onto past glories unlike you and your chums. 

Also, get used to L1, your absolute bunch of jobbers on lengthy contracts will see to it that your down here for a while yet. 

1 minute ago, sick boy said:

Airdrie fans  claiming it is shaky whether we have more fans than them is absolutely brilliant 🤣🤣

No one claimed that. You puffed your chest up about the size of a club on a banter level slide to obscurity. Your average attendance in 19/20 was 3700, it's now 2400. That's still more than double ours. Luckily games aren't won in the stands.