The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What the hell is this meant to be?

Basically if I Murray is a done deal (rumoured to be). You would think he would want full control of any signings so if S Murray is signing (rumoured to be) you would hope your new manager is in on it, if not trouble ahead....(Both are massive hibees and played with the club).

I was asking if big Yogi would be on any managerial shortlist...... he could be a quicker turnaround manager than a very methodical baby step improvement manager in I Murray.....

11 hours ago, FFC1965 said:

Most of the truth did surface -> https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/Falkirk FC- decision of independent Tribunal.pdf

TL;DR : McKinnon wanted to leave Morton, his agent Jim Sherry wrongly (and recklessly) concluded he could do so immediately (as his agent Sherry had little to lose bar reputation), FFC did zero DD on McKInnons GMFC contract despite having a solicitor as Chairman and lo we were fined.  

"By those actings of Mr Campbell it is clear to us that both Messrs McKinnon (and Taylor) were directly or indirectly induced, or attempted to be induced on behalf of Falkirk FC, without consent of Greenock Morton, to terminate their respective contracts of employment with a view to offering employment by Falkirk FC.""          

It's CraIg Campbell again. He could not have F*cked us over more if he was an undercover Dunfermline agent. He closed our academy, set us on a downward spiral of never ending jobbers with his shit Brentford Model, threatened to sue fans over copyright of the badge (which we didn't own), got us fined for tapping up a useless manager who was a total failure , accused us all of being racists, alleged he'd had death threats from fans.......etc etc.

He's the single biggest enemy in our history.....not Hartley, not Deans, not George Craig - no one else did more damage in such a short period of time.

Not sure where the idea that Ian Murray is a done deal is coming from - given the kind of individual he seems to be, I’d imagine he’d have flat out told Falkirk he wouldn’t discuss anything until after the playoffs. 

Not saying they won’t have sounded him out, but that doesn’t mean he’s spoken to them about the role in any detail.

As things stand, he’s got a very good chance of managing a group of his own players, that he’s put together himself and has fostered a great spirit in over years, in the Championship. And, even if we don’t make it through the playoffs, whose to say the board won’t throw everything at it to keep the squad together? 

Ludicrous to suggest this is anywhere near ‘done’.

Guest FFC1965
1 minute ago, Hank von Hell said:

"By those actings of Mr Campbell it is clear to us that both Messrs McKinnon (and Taylor) were directly or indirectly induced, or attempted to be induced on behalf of Falkirk FC, without consent of Greenock Morton, to terminate their respective contracts of employment with a view to offering employment by Falkirk FC.""          

It's CraIg Campbell again. He could not have F*cked us over more if he was an undercover Dunfermline agent. He closed our academy, set us on a downward spiral of never ending jobbers with his shit Brentford Model, threatened to sue fans over copyright of the badge (which we didn't own), got us fined for tapping up a useless manager who was a total failure , accused us all of being racists, alleged he'd had death threats from fans.......etc etc.

He's the single biggest enemy in our history.....not Hartley, not Deans, not George Craig - no one else did more damage in such a short period of time.

Agree.  Though imho Lang was more to blame on this specific and calamitous issue.  GC was a banker and ML a solicitor so it was it was outrageous that ML didn't give McKInnons GMFC contract a once over - or get another solicitor to do so.

Any half decent NQ or even a trainee solicitor would have spotted that it was a fixed term contract that didnt allow McKinnon to walk away.   

13 minutes ago, thediamonddude said:

Not sure where the idea that Ian Murray is a done deal is coming from - given the kind of individual he seems to be, I’d imagine he’d have flat out told Falkirk he wouldn’t discuss anything until after the playoffs. 

Not saying they won’t have sounded him out, but that doesn’t mean he’s spoken to them about the role in any detail.

As things stand, he’s got a very good chance of managing a group of his own players, that he’s put together himself and has fostered a great spirit in over years, in the Championship. And, even if we don’t make it through the playoffs, whose to say the board won’t throw everything at it to keep the squad together? 

That's this thread for you.

A few weeks ago it was "why would he ever come here", now it's a "done deal". No chance we've done any more than simply signal our intentions to him, given the McKinnon debacle, and no chance Murray has given it more than a moment's thought, given he's gearing up for playoffs with a real chance of getting through them this time. 

John Hughes would be a terrible appointment

However, it is exactly the kind of appointment a board made up of old Falkirk fans trying to bring back the glory days would make.

Airdrie have played some of the best football I've seen over the last couple of seasons so if they don't go up and Murray fancies a new challenge after 2 failed play off attempts, I'd be happy with him.

Wishful thinking probably.

3 minutes ago, Baggio said:

However, it is exactly the kind of appointment a board made up of old Falkirk fans trying to bring back the glory days would make.

Airdrie have played some of the best football I've seen over the last couple of seasons so if they don't go up and Murray fancies a new challenge after 2 failed play off attempts, I'd be happy with him.

I still think we are suffering a hangover from the glory days of the early to mid 90s, what with the scuppered promotions then the false dawns of a completed stadium and now the decline. 

56 minutes ago, thediamonddude said:

I think you’ve more or less hit the nail on the head. Initial contact was made with Murray indicating he wasn’t prepared to discuss anything until the play offs were concluded, I also don’t think he was offered the job outright either with Falkirk also speaking to one other candidate who is currently out of work. Having said this I’m told Murray is indeed very very interested in the job.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

7 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I think you’ve more or less hit the nail on the head. Initial contact was made with Murray indicating he wasn’t prepared to discuss anything until the play offs were concluded, I also don’t think he was offered the job outright either with Falkirk also speaking to one other candidate who is currently out of work.

Who?

19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Who?

I’ve no idea, it was actually a Hibs supporting friend of mine who knows Murray and his family that passed this on, although he’s not the bullshiting type like most things I hear “through the grapevine” I still take with a pinch of salt anyway.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

24 minutes ago, Baggio said:

Agree, Yogi was a great servant, and had a decent stint as manager. However don’t want him anywhere near the club. Airdrie are by far the best footballing side in this division in my opinion, maybe just lacked a very good CF (like most teams)

12 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’ve no idea, it was actually a Hibs supporting friend of mine who knows Murray and his family that passed this on, although he’s not the bullshiting type like most things I hear “through the grapevine” I still take with a pinch of salt anyway.

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. However.

I don't normally like ITK posts but they are better than 1/2 an ITK post. It's a bit like the old joke: Q what's worse than finding a maggot in an apple that you're eating?    A Finding 1/2 a maggot.

No offence.

28 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. However.

I don't normally like ITK posts but they are better than 1/2 an ITK post. It's a bit like the old joke: Q what's worse than finding a maggot in an apple that you're eating?    A Finding 1/2 a maggot.

No offence.

I take everything I read on here with a pinch of salt regardless of how “factual” the post claims to be. I do enjoy reading the various snippets of info and rumour (it passes the time) but until something is made official most of the time I’ll treat it as merely rumour or bullshit depending on the poster. I think some on here happily post things as “facts” when in reality it’s something they’ve been told Chinese whisper style by a friends aunties 2nd cousin. Its simpler just to say where the info came from and let people make they're own minds up on how much weight they think the info holds. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

8 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Leon McCann's mobile rings...

Iain Murray "Hello Leon, I'm thinking about taking the Falkirk job, how have you found it there"

Leon McCann *hangs up*

I'd think that McCann would tell him to drop everything and come straight away it's great here  surely.  If there's one manager he'd  want here it would be him 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd think that McCann would tell him to drop everything and come straight away it's great here  surely.  If there's one manager he'd  want here it would be him 

Haha fair point. He could also tell him that he's enjoyed the free money in the last three months.

On 26/04/2022 at 15:53, Harry Kinnear said:

Think to be fair the awards were predominantly for the younger/ladies teams. Charlie Telfer got the POY from the Junior Bairns and that was the only award given to a first team player.

Not quite. The U16/18 Academy Teams weren't invited/included.