The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Where are we getting this new board being full of Falkirk fans with egos pish from?  Unless having an ego means having to give up your time to work 7 days a week to get your club out the shitter of course .

Why are these 2 things connected? Remember Gary Holt worked 12 hours a day and he’s the most egotistical bellend going about. 

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Go and get Mitchell from Hibs 

"He's dugmeat"

"He was badly treated before so wouldn't come back"

"We can get better by casting the net wider than Edinburgh"

Think I've covered the bases for potential replies.

53 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Why are these 2 things connected? Remember Gary Holt worked 12 hours a day and he’s the most egotistical bellend going about. 

He did feck all in his 12 hours for a start and that was the job he was paid to do.  The bod have far better things they could be doing instead of giving up their time for hee haw to sort out shite at the club and getting pelters for doing it .Do you personally know any of the guys on the board or do you just fancy a pop at them.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

14 hours ago, 1876 ffc said:

Even Deans and Holt said DGW would never play for FFC for obvious reasons.

our new board tried to sign him.

As they say in the Dragon’s Den - for that reason I’m out!

Excuse me but one of Deans ex-Directors told me Holt wanted to sign DGW. Deans TBF said publicly more than once he would never sanction it  

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Or Josh Rae from Queen of the South he was impressive in home game against Peterhead last year. Lewis Neilson has also yet to sign a new contract with Dundee United. 

Don't think Neilson would be very good in goal, could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Or Josh Rae from Queen of the South he was impressive in home game against Peterhead last year. Lewis Neilson has also yet to sign a new contract with Dundee United. 

I'll be honest, signing a defender to play in goal probably isn't going to work out too well.

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Heard the players were pissed at the Awards Ceremony on Sunday night with Griffiths being particularly bladdered. No issues at all with players letting off steam but an Awards Ceremony 😲

Who won this one? Must have been loads of contenders?

Golden Turd Award | 3D-Makes

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think to be fair the awards were predominantly for the younger/ladies teams. Charlie Telfer got the POY from the Junior Bairns and that was the only award given to a first team player.

TBF he probably has been our 'best' player this season. He's wee enough to get closest to the low bar.

17 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’ve certainly got no agenda. Only judge what’s going on by what’s said and what isn’t said as I will do with all boards. Still heard nothing bad about the guys in there but doesn’t mean to say I think there has been a noticeable turn around in the club and that mistakes haven’t been made. 

Anyway, the DG thing came up as you asked what other mistakes they have made and I believe that is one. The narrative of that event seems to have changed a lot from we were never in for him, the board would be trusted not to sanction his signing, we were maybe in for him but it was Rennie and the board should play no part in the signing. 

In any case, happy to move on from that but hoping that lessons are being learned and we’ll start to notice some positive changes within the club. 

Unless the forum is inhabited by bullshit merchants the new board leaks like a sieve with these little snippets, told, got an inside view, was told on good authority. All that does if these leaks are true just undermines trust in the new board.

Now that is stupid when goodwill from the support is in short supply. If the board had the gumption ( which I'm beginning to doubt they have )  They issue a definitive statement regarding Budget, Manager status, Full/Hybrid/Part time, Academy, Background administration  and issue it at the final whistle next Saturday. 

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Unless the forum is inhabited by bullshit merchants the new board leaks like a sieve with these little snippets, told, got an inside view, was told on good authority. All that does if these leaks are true just undermines trust in the new board.

Now that is stupid when goodwill from the support is in short supply. If the board had the gumption ( which I'm beginning to doubt they have )  They issue a definitive statement regarding Budget, Manager status, Full/Hybrid/Part time, Academy, Background administration  and issue it at the final whistle next Saturday. 

We can't be part-time next season, we have 14 full time players still on the books.