The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

They’ve (new guys) been in for five ish months now. Appreciate like everyone there’s a lot to get right, but surely if true posted that their working 7 days a week getting the club back on an even keel it would be good to know how things are progressing. There’s people posting on sites about the issues with the youth teams, long term staff staff leaving, spat with our CEO and ex youth coach. Some transparency/accountability would be good. 

It was only a few weeks ago they held an open meeting in the south stand for anyone to attend where any question could be asked. I'm sure once the season is out the way more meetings will be organised.

They’ve (new guys) been in for five ish months now. Appreciate like everyone there’s a lot to get right, but surely if true posted that their working 7 days a week getting the club back on an even keel it would be good to know how things are progressing. There’s people posting on sites about the issues with the youth teams, long term staff staff leaving, spat with our CEO and ex youth coach. Some transparency/accountability would be good. 

I’m led to believe one of the new board took time of sorting the problems and went for a shite last Wednesday and didn’t tell anyone, shocking if true

I had a look through Twitter this morning and I seen Morgyn Neill got Cove’s player of the year. I always remember him being murder at any team prior to Cove. Is it a case that some players who are average at best are ‘brought up’ by the standard  of those around them? And if so, can the opposite happen? We have players who could probably play 10x better but get dragged down by the dross surrounding them. Just a thought.  

17 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Wouldn’t be against Murray as manager but I don’t think he’d get the time needed to build a team like he has at Airdrie.

Agreed, however if he showed signs that there is at least some type of improvement he may well get longer than most. An improvement just now is getting us in the playoffs. 

I appreciate what people are saying, but I don’t buy this “the time required” line. In my opinion, a half decent manager improves us significantly almost instantly. As I’ve said previously, I think our judgement has been clouded by the mess of the last two years - our defence was rock solid with Buchanan and Durnan! It’s League One, for f**k sake. It really shouldn’t be that tricky. 

I appreciate what people are saying, but I don’t buy this “the time required” line. In my opinion, a half decent manager improves us significantly almost instantly. As I’ve said previously, I think our judgement has been clouded by the mess of the last two years - our defence was rock solid with Buchanan and Durnan! It’s League One, for f**k sake. It really shouldn’t be that tricky. 

Until we clear out the dross that is in our squad, most of which is going to be there next season, I think honestly you are underestimating the task.

Airdrieonians

Alloa Athletic

Clyde

Dumbarton

Falkirk

Kelty

Montrose

Peterhead

Queen of the South

Queen’s Park.

Is this how our own supporters really now see us? Are we running scared from Clyde, Peterhead, Alloa, Dumbarton and Kelty? And happy to accept 4th place in this list of dross in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football??

With that defeatist attitude we'd be as well handing in our League membership.

Get a grip, it isn't time to run up the white flag just yet. Appoint the right experienced manager, move on a good few of the worst of the worst of our current squad, sign a decent spine and we should be fine. But as a the Killie game from season 2015 -16 should have taught us, a good big un is always better than a good little un. We need to make sure that we sign a few giants for next season.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

23 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Until we clear out the dross that is in our squad, most of which is going to be there next season, I think honestly you are underestimating the task.

I did not know why people keep saying this, there’s no way most of this shit are going to be with us next season. I know they are under contract bla bla bla but they’ll be moved on 1 way or another and we’ll be lumbered with about 6 who I hope rot on the bench or in the stand.

As for the it’ll take time nonsense, I’m not having that either. A decent manager and decent recruitment and you win the league. As others have pointed out, a back 4 of Doyle, Buchanan, Durnan and Dixon had the best defensive record in Britain at one point. If that doesn’t tell you everything about the standard we are playing at then nothing will.

Too many excuses and too many happy to swallow them. Get the fucking league won. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Wouldn’t be against Murray as manager but I don’t think he’d get the time needed to build a team like he has at Airdrie.

Bigger budgets tend to get things moving a bit faster! 

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Uh oh,    sounds Murray is the man then,  you guys confident ,  hopefully don't unveil him till we get pumped by Montrose in the playoffs...

will do you guys a turn, but will want his own players which will take time.....could manage level above no problem,  Good luck to him...

The biggest part of that garbage Durnan/Buchanan pairing having the "best defensive record in Britain" was down to playing terrified football with two sitting midfielders and the full backs not being allowed to cross the halfway line. 

20 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Uh oh,    sounds Murray is the man then,  you guys confident ,  hopefully don't unveil him till we get pumped by Montrose in the playoffs...

will do you guys a turn, but will want his own players which will take time.....could manage level above no problem,  Good luck to him...

Think you’re jumping the gun there, whilst Murray’s name may well have been discussed, I’d be amazed if there’s any agreement in place whilst Airdrie’s season is still alive and the play-offs haven’t even started. Any possibility whatsoever that he might be willing to make the move is surely conditional on Airdrie failing to go up next month.

On the issue of patience, I’d be far, far more willing to give someone like Murray, with experience and knowledge of the league, the time to get things right. In contrast, I’d struggle massively with yet another rookie/apprentice/“club legend”/youth coach/Rangers-obsessed charlatan. Please no. 

The u18’s beat QOTS 8–1 this afternoon. The three boys who were told they wouldn’t be getting kept on were outstanding as was the whole team. One of the boys scored two, the other at right back scored one and the other had four assists.

Considering the devastation they had on Thursday they were a credit to FFC.

2 minutes ago, Toaby said:

The u18’s beat QOTS 8–1 this afternoon. The three boys who were told they wouldn’t be getting kept on were outstanding as was the whole team. One of the boys scored two, the other at right back scored one and the other had four assists.

Yet the board seemingly thought it a more effective use of funds to throw £1500 a week (if not more) on Leigh Griffiths than pay buttons to tie down these talented youth prospects.

8 minutes ago, Toaby said:

And immediately before that the U16s won 5-0. Yet some people still think these kids are on the same level as what you would see playing down Dawson Park. 

Some great football on show from both our youth teams. 

32 minutes ago, Toaby said:

Great news and what a bloody sin for the guys you’ve mentioned. Would be good to hear officially from the club why we can’t put some sort of arrangement in place to keep these guys.