The Falkirk FC Thread

The last time we had issues of people leaving it was the CEO that was the main culprit. Is Swinney perhaps the problem here more than the bod.  He was obviously appointed by deans crew which is concerning to start with. 

It’s kinda reading to me that you are trying to deflect any ongoing issues at the club away from the current board and onto anything related to the past regime.
Doesn’t wash with me…..

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s kinda reading to me that you are trying to deflect any ongoing issues at the club away from the current board and onto anything related to the past regime.
Doesn’t wash with me…..

Surely it's the CEO that deals with the employees of the club on a day to day basis not the bod. I'm really not sure what a member of the bod would do to piss off day an individual  working in hospitality. At the moment anyone leaving is simply getting blamed on the bod with absolutely no reasoning to back it up. Again has anyone asked these people why they are leaving? Might be bugger all to do with Swinney or the board or it could be either who knows but someone must know why this lady left . Christ the Sam mcgivern issue was blamed on the board when it was simply just the wrong appointment for both parties.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Telfer will be playing at a higher level next season Imo, unlike most of the squad.

He might well be but then so did Gregor Buchanan when he left us. Telfer turns up one game in a blue moon he'll end up at back at Morton or maybe dick Campbell will turn him into iniesta.

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would you get many folk turning up if you're forced to watch the match ? 

It's a while yet before season tickets etc go on sale. Lots of time to get something organised once the season is over and a new manager is in place to organise something 

With the club not inviting applications for the managers job it can only men the have the candidate all  signed up.

7 hours ago, FFC1982 said:

Mackenzie Lemon(why anyone would have an 18 year old laddie in our worst defence of all time is mind blowing, he only started about 6 games all season, most of them alongside Brad McKay or Ben Hall)

This. The guy has started 5 league games alongside McKay and/or Hall. Some of which he’s been poor and some he’s looked promising (away at Airdrie for one).

Which is not surprising for an 18 year old, particularly when Sheerin had him in and out of the team randomly, which won’t have helped him build confidence or consistency.

How anyone could have him in their worst ever team after all the charlatans we’ve had over the last 5 years, I don’t know.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

With the club not inviting applications for the managers job it can only men the have the candidate all  signed up.

Could well be and if that's the case then his announcement would probably come once either our season is over if he's unattached or once his clubs season has finished which could be a few weeks yet depending on playoff involvement etc.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Surely it's the CEO that deals with the employees of the club on a day to day basis not the bod. I'm really not sure what a member of the bod would do to piss off day an individual  working in hospitality. At the moment anyone leaving is simply getting blamed on the bod with absolutely no reasoning to back it up. Again has anyone asked these people why they are leaving? Might be bugger all to do with Swinney or the board or it could be either who knows but someone must know why this lady left . Christ the Sam mcgivern issue was blamed on the board when it was simply just the wrong appointment for both parties.

The point is, if you don’t know, which it appears you don’t, why are you pointing at the finger at any individual?
You’re not the only one though.
I just treat most of these comments with a pinch of salt until there’s more information forthcoming.
I’m not sure of any real issues behind the scenes that we keep being told need to be addressed. What I do wish for is that we would focus on the REAL issues which are in front of our faces. I can’t see much being done at the moment to address them at all. Just a few poor appointments to date by our current board…

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Do you guys think Kenny  Miller might get the job by default,  with Falkirk saddled by contracts for the new season, unless you want to spunk a fortune paying players off which would eat into your budget...   There looks from the outside a limited amount a new manager can do with that current lot...

Miller is out of contract imminently. So there is no financial barrier to getting rid of him. And there is, of course, absolutely no football reason to keep him on either. So no. Nice try though.

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The point is, if you don’t know, which it appears you don’t, why are you pointing at the finger at any individual?
Your not the only one though.
I just treat most of these comments with a pinch of salt until there’s more information forthcoming.
I’m not sure of any real issues behind the scenes that we keep being told need to be addressed. What I do wish for is that we would focus on the REAL issues which are in front of our faces. I can’t see much being done at the moment to address them at all. Just a few poor appointments to date by our current board…

Might be the case that noone is leaving for reasons other than its time to move on who knows. Let's see who the new manager is and then take it from there. It's make or break time for not just the bod but the club as a whole I suspect . They need to get it right but let's give them the chance to get it right before we write them off entirely .

7 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Miller is out of contract imminently. So there is no financial barrier to getting rid of him. And there is, of course, absolutely no football reason to keep him on either. So no. Nice try though.

Exactly. He's getting paid to the end of the season may as well make him work for it.   I await the gnashing of teeth from miller and the press when he misses out though.  

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He might well be but then so did Gregor Buchanan when he left us. Telfer turns up one game in a blue moon he'll end up at back at Morton or maybe dick Campbell will turn him into iniesta.

Think Siesta would be more appropriate for Telfer, considering the amount of times he looks like he can’t be arsed.

56 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Could well be and if that's the case then his announcement would probably come once either our season is over if he's unattached or once his clubs season has finished which could be a few weeks yet depending on playoff involvement etc.

Earlier the better as the individual  has a lot to get through in a short space of time. If the club intends to move on contracted players then its only right they know where they stand so they can find a club during the closed season. We do not have a good reputation as it is for treating players fairly and doing the right thing by them could go a long way to improving our image.

To the naked eye it looks like the BOD are embarking on a large scale cost cutting exercise.  May be necessary but does make the signing of LG even more ridiculous if we are now in a position where we are having to close down our youth teams and much of the off field activities to save funds.   

For me the new BOD lost any right to blind confidence when they went against fans wishes and tried to sign DGW.  At that time they were silent rather than transparent and we're seeing the same head in sand now questions are being asked about the youth teams etc.  "It was the other guys" didn't wash for Deans etc and shouldn't wash for the new guys either.  

Leadership is about having conviction in your decisions and getting others to buy into your vision.  The fact we don't even have a chairman yet is a real concern.  Where is the leadership?

As others have said, we need much more communication and some bold decision making over the next few weeks.  I really hope the new guys are up to it as we all want to see a winning team on the park and far less drama off it. 

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Guest Ecosse83
3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Like we all do, and can’t remember so many supporters feeling as dejected/demoralised/fcked off with, the wreck of a football club we’ve become.

Start winning again ? Not with this lot,  most of the charlatans/cheats are with us for another season. 

The board need to be accountable & transparent for the decisions made in the next few weeks…..let’s not kid ourselves, more wrong doings and we are finished.

There trying to fix the wrongs of the last 10 years, exactly what do you want them held accountable for? That’s not a sarcastic comment I’m genuinely interested what they need to be doing?

14 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

To the naked eye it looks like the BOD are embarking on a large scale cost cutting exercise.  May be necessary but does make the signing of LG even more ridiculous if we are now in a position where we are having to close down our youth teams and much of the off field activities to save funds.   

For me the new BOD lost any right to blind confidence when they went against fans wishes and tried to sign DGW.  At that time they were silent rather than transparent and we're seeing the same head in sand now questions are being asked about the youth teams etc.  "It was the other guys" didn't wash for Deans etc and shouldn't wash for the new guys either.  

Leadership is about having conviction in your decisions and getting others to buy into your vision.  The fact we don't even have a chairman yet is a real concern.  Where is the leadership?

As others have said, we need much more communication and some bold decision making over the next few weeks.  I really hope the new guys are up to it as we all want to see a winning team on the park and far less drama off it. 

Whilst LG was undoubtedly the wrong player was that not what the bairn for life money was ringfenced for new players? It wasn't set up to fund any other areas of the business and I'd think those contributing wouldn't be too happy if it was used for something else. Wrong player was signed but the money wasnt going anywhere else. We're not shutting down youth teams anyway so that's nonsense unless you mean the under 11s which was a ridiculous idea in the first place.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Actually, going to Marbella for the first time in just over a week!s time.

Is it okay?

From my hazy memory of the last few days it is very good 

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

There trying to fix the wrongs of the last 10 years, exactly what do you want them held accountable for? That’s not a sarcastic comment I’m genuinely interested what they need to be doing?

They’ve (new guys) been in for five ish months now. Appreciate like everyone there’s a lot to get right, but surely if true posted that their working 7 days a week getting the club back on an even keel it would be good to know how things are progressing. There’s people posting on sites about the issues with the youth teams, long term staff staff leaving, spat with our CEO and ex youth coach. Some transparency/accountability would be good.