The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Why do you call your board the ‘BOD’? I know it stands for Board of Directors but what happened to calling them ‘The Board’. You don’t see any other club call it the BOD.

Is it not bloody obvious ? It's easy to fecking type. 🙈🙈🙈. If someone put tb would anyone know what they were meaning FFS 😂

Jesus wept . The bod will be judged by what happens on the park this season just like any other board. However, we have to give them the chance to get things organised both on and off the park. These guys stepped into their roles having never ran a football team in their lives before and are obviously having to learn on the job extremely quickly. It's not been helped by the goings on of the previous bod whose actions run from simple incompetence to downright illegal.  It's a difficult time to.be a Falkirk fan . The team have been a disgrace all season and the appointment of Rennie was the wrong move and the bod fully accept that . There's absolutely no guarantee that rice would've done much better mind you considering the players at his disposal.  The next appointment has to be right though . I'm confident it isn't going to be  Kenny miller though no matter how much his media chums are trying to bum him up. It's the end of the season and people leave clubs. Has anyone actually asked the lady in catering why she is moving on for instance before deciding it's the new board that's pissed her off ? 

The bad eggs are slowly being weeded out the club thankfully and I'm not talking about the lady in catering or other people who have given up their time to help the club in good ways over the years before anyone. However, some are still hanging clinging on when they should be banned from going anywhere near the place.  The damage they have caused both on and off the park cannot be under estimated and I'm sure the current guys are desperate to air what's been going on at the right time and without getting these individuals any chance to attack the club legally. They're currently having to work 7 days a week to fix these problems whilst uncovering new issues all the time. The season finishes this weekend  and hopefully after that things will start coming together with a new manager announcement a reasonable clear out of the squad and some new players we can actually be proud of in the navy blue.  This bod like any others though won't have a free pass for ever. We need to see improvement on the park this season and for me that means at least a playoff spot . I am though confident that at least the guys in charge are Falkirk through and through and not just people seeking blazers and an addition to their CVS.  Thankfully this season is nearly over let's get behind the club give these guys a proper chance to get things right and then if they fail sure criticise they shouldn't get treated differently from any other bod we've had .  I'm sure a chairman will be appointed in due course but at the moment it's the least of our worries . I'd rather wait for the right appointment then be left with a Gary deans, Margaret Lang or Doug Henderson in charge.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

I can’t wait until we start winning again so the board chat dies down. I’ve never known a club that talks about a board so much! 

Club politics bore me, I just want to be entertained!

Like we all do, and can’t remember so many supporters feeling as dejected/demoralised/fcked off with, the wreck of a football club we’ve become.

Start winning again ? Not with this lot,  most of the charlatans/cheats are with us for another season. 

The board need to be accountable & transparent for the decisions made in the next few weeks…..let’s not kid ourselves, more wrong doings and we are finished.

Do you guys think Kenny  Miller might get the job by default,  with Falkirk saddled by contracts for the new season, unless you want to spunk a fortune paying players off which would eat into your budget...   There looks from the outside a limited amount a new manager can do with that current lot...

9 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Do you guys think Kenny  Miller might get the job by default,  with Falkirk saddled by contracts for the new season, unless you want to spunk a fortune paying players off which would eat into your budget...   There looks from the outside a limited amount a new manager can do with that current lot...

I have the genuine fear that this will happen.

The wee theory that it was simply awful coaching by Rennie that killed us, and that the minute Miller took over, attitudes changed can now be put to bed. That dressing room must be a hoot.

If yesterday was supposed to be about “desperately trying to win two in a row, and give a strong end to the season” then God knows what the result would have been if the players hadn’t been up for it.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

17 hours ago, BooBairn said:

Any idea if the BOD / club plan on holding a fans event to explain what the f**k has gone on this season and how they plan to sort it? People can say we need to “unite together as one” but there’s still so much shit going on and bad feeling between a lot of people involved with the club that even if they appointed a decent manager I’m still not convinced it would persuade me to get a season ticket. A proper clear the air session might just be what we all need. 

I said a few weeks back that they should have organised an open meeting at the stadium before next week's match. A chance to tell us exactly what the 'mess' is before opening BTG for folk to see the game. Clear the air and the club makes money at the same time. It would probably be breaking some sort of Fair Play rules though as it would be stopping hordes of Falkirk fans from going to Firhill. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I said a few weeks back that they should have organised an open meeting at the stadium before next week's match. A chance to tell us exactly what the 'mess' is before opening BTG for folk to see the game. Clear the air and the club makes money at the same time. It would probably be breaking some sort of Fair Play rules though as it would be stopping hordes of Falkirk fans from going to Firhill. 

Would you get many folk turning up if you're forced to watch the match ? 

It's a while yet before season tickets etc go on sale. Lots of time to get something organised once the season is over and a new manager is in place to organise something plus it was only a few weeks ago they had the meet the board members pub events where anyone could ask anything.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

29 minutes ago, Passionate said:

No.