The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Or describing them as stinking the place out and demanding they all be sacked when the first team, their manager and the directors who picked him fail at their jobs.  😐

I didn’t describe these “unsung people” as stinking the place out so why are you insinuating I did? JulioBairn stated this afternoon that more long serving staff were rumoured to be leaving the Club. For all anyone knew that could’ve been Keith Hogg for example rather than bar staff or Sharon from hospitality, hence why he should’ve been more specific. Perhaps time to get down off your high horse.

Edited by MSG GTF!

Are all the comments on here hinting at Jamie Swinney being an absolute bawbag? Fergus certainly painted that picture with his facebook rant but again he has every reason to be sour given the way it's been reported that he mucked up with the U11 squad.

40 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see there are now reports that all academy players have been told they can go elsewhere next season, and 3 promising under 18s will be leaving as there’s no pathway to the first team.

Sounds like the bod are planning to close the whole thing down.

For next Sunday/Monday morning following the QP game, the board should have a full, lengthy statement ready to hit 'upload' on. It should read/include:

- Kenny Miller has left the club and the process for hiring a new manager with the relevant experience and qualifications to end our lengthy spell in the seaside leagues is more than underway. Ideally, you'd include at least an indicative timescale (understand delays can occur) of when they would wish to complete this process in order to allow them to prepare for next season

- A full release list of players who are leaving upon the expiration of their contracts

- Negotiations are taking place with players under contract but who may have expressed a wish to leave. Could also mention if anyone has been offered an extension (hopefully not!)

- Clarifying the clubs position and the actions they have taken regarding the academy/youth set-up following recent media reports and speculation

- Detailing everything that has gone wrong this season, what position the club was in when they took over from the previous board, and what position the club is in now (financially, FT/Hybrid/PT status, condition of the playing surface, etc etc)

- Confirming a date in May for an open event at the stadium where any fan can attend, sit in the main stand and ask them all kinds of questions about what their plans are for the club going into the future

I don't care if its pages and pages long - if it's actual, proper transparency, I'll take a full-on report. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

6 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

See Dowds and Goodwillie have the lowest Goals per minute in the league 1🤷‍♂️😂( by the way excluding his 6 in the championship) . In view of your personal attacks on the boy over the year, I  know You will be pleased with that  stat , alongside that angry wee bald  fat man that is  best  pals with the the board member, but knows nothing ,” gets trousered” but doesn't  even have the emotional intelligence to delete his  disgusting post,  yet also states the  current players  are on big wages🤷‍♂️😂😂😂Hypocrite!

You need to clear the whole club again of this cancer- get rid of the dimwits, the pretend successful idiots, who truly have achieved nothing. 

You are truly too big  a club too fail, but supporter funds alone , will result in failure….

Oh before you answer to the post, like your name truly  GTF

Salad. Word.

7 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

See Dowds and Goodwillie have the lowest Goals per minute in the league 1🤷‍♂️😂( by the way excluding his 6 in the championship) . In view of your personal attacks on the boy over the year, I  know You will be pleased with that  stat , alongside that angry wee bald  fat man that is  best  pals with the the board member, but knows nothing ,” gets trousered” but doesn't  even have the emotional intelligence to delete his  disgusting post,  yet also states the  current players  are on big wages🤷‍♂️😂😂😂Hypocrite!

You need to clear the whole club again of this cancer- get rid of the dimwits, the pretend successful idiots, who truly have achieved nothing. 

You are truly too big  a club too fail, but supporter funds alone , will result in failure….

Oh before you answer to the post, like your name truly  GTF!

“Personal attacks” 😂. Away and gie’s peace ya clown, League 2 forum for your pish. Nothing will change my opinion of Dowds. He’s not good enough for Falkirk and never will be. I could count the number of good games he’d had for us on one hand. The fact that people are disappointed he’s leaving tells you exactly how low we’ve sunk.

Guest Ecosse83
22 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

“Personal attacks” 😂. Away and gie’s peace ya clown, League 2 forum for your pish. Nothing will change my opinion of Dowds. He’s not good enough for Falkirk and never will be. I could count the number of good games he’d had for us on one hand. The fact that people are disappointed he’s leaving tells you exactly how low we’ve sunk.

👏

“Personal attacks” [emoji23]. Away and gie’s peace ya clown, League 2 forum for your pish. Nothing will change my opinion of Dowds. He’s not good enough for Falkirk and never will be. I could count the number of good games he’d had for us on one hand. The fact that people are disappointed he’s leaving tells you exactly how low we’ve sunk.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

I didn’t describe these “unsung people” as stinking the place out so why are you insinuating I did? JulioBairn stated this afternoon that more long serving staff were rumoured to be leaving the Club. For all anyone knew that could’ve been Keith Hogg for example rather than bar staff or Sharon from hospitality, hence why he should’ve been more specific. Perhaps time to get down off your high horse.

Because someone used the phase “stinking the place out” and I'm pretty sure it was you, although the post has now been edited so I can’t prove it. It was made in response to a question as to why staff were resigning.

You said that you hoped "the new board would clear the fucking decks. Sick of seeing the same old faces stink the place out year after year. Gut the place."

That's a pretty offensive statement. Particularly when made in response to a question about employees who work in backroom areas such as Finance, Retail, Commercial & Hospitality. Which all four of those leaving / left do.

Many of these people are my friends. Are you really surprised that I would make a post defending them?

Oh, and before anyone jumps on a bandwagon, this is neither a post defending nor attacking the board.  Or the previous board they replaced. I’m generally neutral on boards as they tend to be composed of decent guys and arseholes. I’m cautiously optimistic about the current board as they were elected from fans groups and I like Keith Gourlay, having got on well with him when we were the only two Falkirk fans working in a weegie railway depot 20 years ago. 

48 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

We have lost 16 fucking games this season scoring 48 goals,i hate football.

Spoke to Robbie Mutch five minutes after the game yesterday and he gave me a stat which at the time I couldn't believe. I subsequently checked up and found out he was right. 

In the first season after relegation, we lost 18 goals. Eighteen. 

As opposed to 48 this year with one game to go. 

The season with finished bottom of the Championship we lost 49. 

Says it all really. 

All the wee nuggets of information will be taken with a massive pinch of salt by me, considering all the nuggets about how we’re appointing Rennie, Holt is staying, Fergus is a hero etc etc have proven utter bollocks so far.

Next appointment is huge, and they obviously have someone in mind, which to me is promising. 

55 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Spoke to Robbie Mutch five minutes after the game yesterday and he gave me a stat which at the time I couldn't believe. I subsequently checked up and found out he was right. 

Says it all really. 

Robbie Mutch seems like a proper good c**t. Wish the rest of them had the attitude he does 

53 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Says it all really. 

That doesn't really surprise me tbh and sums up the quality of this league. A defensive partnership of Gregor Buchanan, Mark Durnan and an 85 stone Cammy Bell were actually adequate at this level.

Dixon, McKay, Hall, ATS, Mutch, Miller etc should be utterly ashamed of the piss poor goals they have conceded week after week through basic, basic errors that wouldn't be tolerated at under 15s level.

I know we haven't been good enough going forward but the defending has been a complete and utter clownshow all the way through the season. When you've conceded 22 goals more than 3rd place Montrose what chance do you have? 

6 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

For next Sunday/Monday morning following the QP game, the board should have a full, lengthy statement ready to hit 'upload' on. It should read/include:

- Kenny Miller has left the club and the process for hiring a new manager with the relevant experience and qualifications to end our lengthy spell in the seaside leagues is more than underway. Ideally, you'd include at least an indicative timescale (understand delays can occur) of when they would wish to complete this process in order to allow them to prepare for next season

- A full release list of players who are leaving upon the expiration of their contracts

- Negotiations are taking place with players under contract but who may have expressed a wish to leave. Could also mention if anyone has been offered an extension (hopefully not!)

- Clarifying the clubs position and the actions they have taken regarding the academy/youth set-up following recent media reports and speculation

- Detailing everything that has gone wrong this season, what position the club was in when they took over from the previous board, and what position the club is in now (financially, FT/Hybrid/PT status, condition of the playing surface, etc etc)

- Confirming a date in May for an open event at the stadium where any fan can attend, sit in the main stand and ask them all kinds of questions about what their plans are for the club going into the future

I don't care if its pages and pages long - if it's actual, proper transparency, I'll take a full-on report. 

Good post, 

Too much stuff being posted which is certainly not helping the new guys now in charge. People who are blue veined leaving, young players being released and decisions like keeping Rennie on in any capacity after a disaster of a season just not adding up. 

And i think herein lies the problem, we are a fanbase divided. When people ask why there were no protests about the old board, its easy to see why. Continual blaming of everyone and anyone associated with the club- so far in the last 2 days we’ve had volunteers, long serving and hard working(in my personal experience) members of staff and Mackenzie Lemon(why anyone would have an 18 year old laddie in our worst defence of all time is mind blowing, he only started about 6 games all season, most of them alongside Brad McKay or Ben Hall)

This is not a supporter blaming post or a director defending post but surely we need to draw a line somewhere, if we see more transparency after the season ends, does that change people’s position? Sadly not I fear as I get the impression that some would moan if we were top of the Premiership that the pies are too cold or its a bit windy at the stadium and why hasn’t someone done anything about it.

Think about the times it felt good to be a Falkirk supporter and chances are you will remember most being on the same page, and being willing to be patient to get there- if we call that out now some of us are subjected to nonsense about being willing to accept losers managing or playing in the team, with the position we are in now, we’re not going to win every game. I would love to be proven wrong and think that a hard working team who got us to 4th would be well supported, I find that hard to believe when people were calling for managers heads when 2nd and 3rd in this league, even if the football on display was rotten.

Edited by FFC1982

6 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Because someone used the phase “stinking the place out” and I'm pretty sure it was you, although the post has now been edited so I can’t prove it. It was made in response to a question as to why staff were resigning.

You said that you hoped "the new board would clear the fucking decks. Sick of seeing the same old faces stink the place out year after year. Gut the place."

That's a pretty offensive statement. Particularly when made in response to a question about employees who work in backroom areas such as Finance, Retail, Commercial & Hospitality. Which all four of those leaving / left do.

Many of these people are my friends. Are you really surprised that I would make a post defending them?

It was me who said it and the post is still there for all to see. But you are wrong to state the post was in response to “a question about employees who work in backroom areas such as Finance, Retail, Commercial & Hospitality”. The post was in response to a suggestion that more “long serving staff” were leaving the Club. No names or departments were mentioned. The same old hangers on have continued to stink the place out for years without any accountability. The Thomson’s, Ritchie’s, Bateman’s, Hogg’s of this world. That list is endless and they’ve all been part of the rot. But I have no axe to grind with anyone who serves in the club shop or who pulls pints behind the bar.

Edited by MSG GTF!

7 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

We have lost 16 fucking games this season scoring 48 goals,i hate football.

This is a season of terrible stats despite being in the 3rd tier. our top scorer has 7 goals. we have a minus 6 goal difference. we've struggled to beat anyone above us in the league, we could yet end up in the bottom half of the league. despite miller saying in his pre match interview the players were desperate to win 2, yes 2 games in a row for the first time since last August they, yet again, failed miserably.  with only 1 game left that's another awful stat to end the season.

never mind struggling to go to games I'm struggling to even post on here now, pretty much my only connection left with the club.

I'm not in the know or connected to the club in any way but reading the thread makes me sad to hear that (terrible football aside) under the new board long serving volunteers are leaving, catering isn't adequate, there are issues with our youth teams, we are not advertising for the managers job, there are continual errors on social media, the twitter feed is poor. I could go on. I'm not saying the ceo Jamie swinney is responsible for all of this but what is he actually doing? his positive visibility is non existent.  

is there anything positive happening at the club just now to give us a glimmer of hope? serious question

Guest Ecosse83

I can’t wait until we start winning again so the board chat dies down. I’ve never known a club that talks about a board so much! 

Club politics bore me, I just want to be entertained!