The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Would the fan base actually give a manager a chance to build a team though? Year after year its the same problems you seem to be having and complaining about. It really doesn't matter how much money you throw at a team if you replace your manager every season. You've got rid of holt now at least, but the new manager will need time to get the right players in to fit his system. 

It depends ont he improvement shown on the park. 

Folk say this shit all the time, and have weekly "we're shiter than you" match threads, but we are a Full Time team and whilst there has been many shiter than us since we came to league 1, we have been the worst FT team in the country for some time with a conveyor belt of low effort jobbers half arsing their way through a Saturday. A team of fighters who can scrap 4th place in this league will get tremendous backing IMO

Would the fan base actually give a manager a chance to build a team though? Year after year its the same problems you seem to be having and complaining about. It really doesn't matter how much money you throw at a team if you replace your manager every season. You've got rid of holt now at least, but the new manager will need time to get the right players in to fit his system. 

If a manager is deserving of time then they will get it. We simply can’t keep a fucking loser in charge just because we’ve replaced managers before.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Na like I say it wasn't aimed at your post specifically, it's just all these wee nuggets of information keep appearing, and people are offering up sort of factual sounding info that it's because the new board are mistreating people and all that. 

I mean I asked how Rice was treated during the recruitment process... He didnt get the job, but i'm not sure how its now come to pass that hes been mistreated by the club. 

Ok so this is clearly aimed at me so here we go. Hypothetically, if you were offered a job only to find out via social media that the job had actually been given to someone else would you feel you had been mistreated? What if you were then contacted by the employer hours AFTER that announcement had been made to inform you that you weren’t getting the job after all? Feel any better now?

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Na like I say it wasn't aimed at your post specifically, it's just all these wee nuggets of information keep appearing, and people are offering up sort of factual sounding info that it's because the new board are mistreating people and all that. 

I mean I asked how Rice was treated during the recruitment process... He didnt get the job, but i'm not sure how its now come to pass that hes been mistreated by the club. 

Pretty clear, from some of the stuff being said on here and elsewhere, that entrenched positions have already been established. Those who will not hear a word said against the new board and those only too eager to put the boot in. At a time when the club has perhaps never been at a lower ebb, this factionalism and inuendo is just so, so destructive. Literally the last thing we need.

Personally, and having my eyes wide opened to the disgraceful managerial stitch-up that Rennie and his mate are in the process of trying to engineer, it's difficult to have confidence in anything or anyone at the club at the moment. The time for blind faith has long gone unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It depends ont he improvement shown on the park. 

Folk say this shit all the time, and have weekly "we're shiter than you" match threads, but we are a Full Time team and whilst there has been many shiter than us since we came to league 1, we have been the worst FT team in the country for some time with a conveyor belt of low effort jobbers half arsing their way through a Saturday. A team of fighters who can scrap 4th place in this league will get tremendous backing IMO

Its probably tredding old ground again but you really do need to get someone in with a clear plan of how to build the team and give them time to do it. Changing managers every 6/12 months isn't going to get you anywhere. 

Ultimately you do need to get the right guy in to do so, but who really wants to come to a club that will bin them without immediate success at this level? 

19 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

No agenda. I was in hospitality today and it was announced at conclusion of the afternoon so will be common knowledge now.

As is always said there are so many unsung people at the club who make it what it is but we either have the habit of undervaluing or under-appreciating their efforts.

Or describing them as stinking the place out and demanding they all be sacked when the first team, their manager and the directors who picked him fail at their jobs.  😐

Your description of todays events is accurate, albeit the announcement came from FCSL staff who've worked with her for the last fourteen years and wanted to thank her. 

Sharon will be a massive loss. She's of the nicest human beings I've ever met and at 55 years old I've known a few. She did a massive amount for our club and will be hard to replace.  

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Ok so this is clearly aimed at me so here we go. Hypothetically, if you were offered a job only to find out via social media that the job had actually been given to someone else would you feel you had been mistreated? What if you were then contacted by the employer hours AFTER that announcement had been made to inform you that you weren’t getting the job after all? Feel any better now?

I think my posts have been pretty down the middle tbh. I did say I was only using examples and not accusing anyone. Tbh, I think AGPar has explained it better than I can with the below, which pretty much sums up how i'm feeling. As I said, i'm not calling anyone out as there are new posters, varying positions etc, it jsut seems to me that there has been a big increase in folk claiming to know this and that. It always existed and I dont have an issue with what you are saying, if its right its a poor way to treat Rice. But aye, the thread is riddled with smoke and mirrors atm. 

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Pretty clear, from some of the stuff being said on here and elsewhere, that entrenched positions have already been established. Those who will not hear a word said against the new board and those only too eager to put the boot in. At a time when the club has perhaps never been at a lower ebb, this factionalism and inuendo is just so, so destructive. Literally the last thing we need.

Personally, and having my eyes wide opened to the disgraceful managerial stitch-up that Rennie and his mate are in the process of trying to engineer, it's difficult to have confidence in anything or anyone at the club at the moment. The time for blind faith has long gone unfortunately. 

Cheers. Better fist of it than me

20 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Would hardly call it putting the boot in. For too long we’ve had board members holding zero accountability for their actions and it would be good to see this new dawn with a serious change in regards to this manner. So far…. Unsure. 

Why do you call your board the ‘BOD’? I know it stands for Board of Directors but what happened to calling them ‘The Board’. You don’t see any other club call it the BOD.

48 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I would agree that it’s time for some visible leadership. If none of the BoD are up for that kind of visibility, then it should sit with the CEO. It’s needed, and it’s needed now. There has to be someone to be the rallying point for whatever lies ahead.

I was in the South Stand bar this afternoon and the CEO was visibly embarrassed when Jackie (sure you will all know her) got a presentation from the Roman Bar guys. She got flowers etc from them for everything that she has done for them.

Surely he will have twigged something is so wrong with the club at the moment when staff/volunteers are leaving 

58 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Or describing them as stinking the place out and demanding they all be sacked when the first team, their manager and the directors who picked him fail at their jobs.  😐

Your description of todays events is accurate, albeit the announcement came from FCSL staff who've worked with her for the last fourteen years and wanted to thank her. 

Sharon will be a massive loss. She's of the nicest human beings I've ever met and at 55 years old I've known a few. She did a massive amount for our club and will be hard to replace.  

I’ve known Sharon for years due to sponsorship and I can totally agree. She is the kindest person ever who would have done her upmost to help you. She will be a massive miss around the club. When I did volunteering at the club up until Hartley came in, it’s totally changed behind the scenes. Really sad. 

I was in the South Stand bar this afternoon and the CEO was visibly embarrassed when Jackie (sure you will all know her) got a presentation from the Roman Bar guys. She got flowers etc from them for everything that she has done for them.
Surely he will have twigged something is so wrong with the club at the moment when staff/volunteers are leaving 

Not sure what exactly the CEO does at the club? He did a couple email newsletters when he first started and since then we’ve heard absolutely nothing from him. Certainly no visible leadership being provided.

Players, managers, directors all come and go however the staff and volunteers are those who make the club what it is behind the scenes - often going above and beyond what is expected of them. For that reason it is sad to see so many long-term staff moving on.

Whatever the summer holds the club will be a very different place next year - whether that change is for the better remains to be seen. We have however had too many false dawns and too many bad decisions have been made already by the current board (Goodwillie and Rennie) for supporters to be expected to have faith in the current regime - trust has to be earned.

I have no doubt the Deans board have set the club back years with bad decisions however I’d like to see the new board stop using that mess as an excuse and actually start offering some sort of positive and realistic vision for the next few years - and before it is asked no I didn’t go to one of the ‘meet the board’ pub events - that shouldn’t be the only way information is communicated.

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Ah yes, the bar staff from Behind the Goals and Sharon from the hospitality must be the ones that have been “stinking the place out” all this time. Watch us go now…

Perhaps earlier you should’ve had the balls to be clear who you were talking about. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Agree, some accountability from the BOD wouldn’t go amiss. 

I agree. I think it was clear the previous board needed to be replaced but so far all we’ve heard from the new one is excuses and platitudes.

Everything is someone else’s fault whether it be Rennie’s appointment somehow being down to Holt or the ‘secret team’ nonsense that apparently not a single person at the club had a clue about despite it being announced on Falkirk TV.

Now we have swaths of volunteers and staff seemingly all leaving at the same time.

At the very least we need a chairman who is accountable to the fans and better balance on the board. We need to have some directors who are not members of the patrons group so there is real scrutiny and challenge happening.

No serious company would have a situation where there’s meant to be a 3 legged stool but the whole board are members of one group.

We all want the board to be successful as that means the club will be too. But there’s no room for blind faith in our current situation.

4 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Perhaps earlier you should’ve had the balls to be clear who you were talking about. 

😂😂😂😂😂

No bother mate. What difference would that have made? I’m simply questioning why so many people are deciding to leave and so far the only answer I’ve had is that it’s somehow Gary Deans fault. Why you so rattled?

Edited by JulioBairn

6 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

😂😂😂😂😂

No bother mate. What difference would that have made? I’m simply questioning why so many people are deciding to leave and so far the only answer I’ve had is that it’s somehow Gary Deans fault. Why you so rattled?

I’m not rattled, but I note that both you and Bainsford have made reference to my earlier comments as if to suggest I was referring specifically to Sharon or the bar staff. Clearly that’s not who I was referring to.