The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

None of the Directors will take on the Chairman title as they don’t want to be accountable to the fans.

Just saw on COYB that the Behind the Goals staff are all leaving - add that to the growing list of resignations from club staff tells you something isn’t right with the conduct of the new board.

Aye. Sharon McGuire leaving hospitality team after today's game too.

Cost cutting in operation as opposed to any strategic improvement the board have identified.

Aye we’re absolutely ganting and this squad needs emptied ASAP… however in the worst season ever, be good to share some of our “highlights”… I’d go for 

1. Colborn saying fans booing was putting players off. 😂 
2. Getting scudded 6 zip by a Queens Park side who had just gone 5 without a win. 
3. Rennie incessantly saying we started the game well even though we conceded in the first 10 minutes every week. 

36 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Obviously disagree. 

Alloa aren't going to turn over sides realistically so to get them competing from where they were dropping like a stone to grabbing 5th with decent results should make him a contender.

Given the resources we could give him he'd make us challengers at least.

On what basis would he make us challengers? We were battering his Hamilton team in the Betfred cup at the start of the season before Gary Miller did Gary Miller things and gave away a penalty and was red carded. That Hamilton team had/has more quality then ours did.

Disappointing to hear that we’re losing people. Inevitably the current shambles doesn’t help, but if there’s a time for the BOD to reach out to the fans, I don’t think I’m alone in thinking there’s no time like the present. From all accounts today like most Saturdays was another pathetic abysmal display from the charlatans. 

Jamie Wilson is a very serious contender for a place in the all time worst Falkirk 11. 

Now as absolutely garbage as Wilson is there’s a few bigger contenders from the absolute shite we’ve collected this season. Definitely Brad McKay and McKenzie Lemon are straight into my worst ever defence. Hetherington and Jacobs definitely contenders as well. Just for the sheer money we’re chucking at his fat arse you’ve got to consider Griffiths as well.

I'm genuinely losing the thread of it all, but the sudden prominence on this forum of every departure, including from bar staff etc has me wondering about agendas. Theres a serious amount of ITK chat appeared since the boardroom upheaval. 

This isn't a criticism of anyone in particular and the bar staff is just an example, more to point out that I just can't keep up with agendas or who has one anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Now as absolutely garbage as Wilson is there’s a few bigger contenders from the absolute shite we’ve collected this season. Definitely Brad McKay and McKenzie Lemon are straight into my worst ever defence. Hetherington and Jacobs definitely contenders as well. Just for the sheer money we’re chucking at his fat arse you’ve got to consider Griffiths as well.

Mackenzie is a young man caught up in a shit storm, Totally unfiar to label him

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm genuinely losing the thread of it all, but the sudden prominence on this forum of every departure, including from bar staff etc has me wondering about agendas. Theres a serious amount of ITK chat appeared since the boardroom upheaval. 

This isn't a criticism of anyone in particular and the bar staff is just an example, more to point out that I just can't keep up with agendas or who has one anymore. 

Agree, some accountability from the BOD wouldn’t go amiss. 

Mackenzie is a young man caught up in a shit storm, Totally unfiar to label him

Not at all. Aye he’s young but he’s awful. In that Queens Park game in a team full of fucking disgraceful performances he gave probably the worst individual performance I’ve ever seen. Not his fault he’s playing in League 1 when he should be playing in some amateur league. He’s far from the person I dislike the most in the squad but aye he’s shite.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No agenda. I was in hospitality today and it was announced at conclusion of the afternoon so will be common knowledge now.

As is always said there are so many unsung people at the club who make it what it is but we either have the habit of undervaluing or under-appreciating their efforts.

I would agree that it’s time for some visible leadership. If none of the BoD are up for that kind of visibility, then it should sit with the CEO. It’s needed, and it’s needed now. There has to be someone to be the rallying point for whatever lies ahead.

I understand people wanting to get behind the BoD and I think we all do - we all want was is best for the club. They are just in the door and have taken over a mess. As I've said before, at the moment, they have my cautious support.

However, surely, a certain level of trust and support has to be earned, rather than just simply given? They appointed Rennie, who turned out to be an appalling failure - but it was only six months and they've gotten rid: eeksy peaksy. I'll wait, see and hope they also make the right call with Miller - that's a test too. They then have one of the biggest appointments in years which they absolutely need to get right. I'll not exactly be singing their praises from the rooftops if they go and appoint someone demonstrably minging. I'll get behind them, but they will be judged by their actions.

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

No agenda. I was in hospitality today and it was announced at conclusion of the afternoon so will be common knowledge now.

As is always said there are so many unsung people at the club who make it what it is but we either have the habit of undervaluing or under-appreciating their efforts.

Na like I say it wasn't aimed at your post specifically, it's just all these wee nuggets of information keep appearing, and people are offering up sort of factual sounding info that it's because the new board are mistreating people and all that. 

I mean I asked how Rice was treated during the recruitment process... He didnt get the job, but i'm not sure how its now come to pass that hes been mistreated by the club. 

42 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

None of the Directors will take on the Chairman title as they don’t want to be accountable to the fans.

Just saw on COYB that the Behind the Goals staff are all leaving - add that to the growing list of resignations from club staff tells you something isn’t right with the conduct of the new board.

Their lack of accountability worries me greatly.

I honestly fear they present an existential threat to the club. I genuinely hope I’m wrong.

the fact they’re haemorrhaging staff, aren’t raising a fraction of anticipated fan income, and can’t even get match day catering right sets alarm bells ringing.

worrying times ahead.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I would agree that it’s time for some visible leadership. If none of the BoD are up for that kind of visibility, then it should sit with the CEO. It’s needed, and it’s needed now. There has to be someone to be the rallying point for whatever lies ahead.

Absolutely, critical time for the club, rock bottom, a squad that couldn’t give two Fcks and now the drip of people leaving. 

Would the fan base actually give a manager a chance to build a team though? Year after year its the same problems you seem to be having and complaining about. It really doesn't matter how much money you throw at a team if you replace your manager every season. You've got rid of holt now at least, but the new manager will need time to get the right players in to fit his system.