The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I’m not really interested in hearing excuses about what the previous board have or haven’t done. Saying an arsehole did it and ran away is not going to wash for long.

What I do want to hear is what the plan is for what is an absolutely crucial next season.

Fixed it for you.

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Holy f**k. Getting ‘Alloa organsied’ and beating our rabble today, makes Rice the ‘standout candidate’?

If that’s the case lock the doors and throw away the key.

Exactly,

Alloa were slightly less rancid than us today and were gifted both their goals.

If today was a job interview for Miller and Rice they both failed badly.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Exactly,

Alloa were slightly less rancid than us today and were gifted both their goals.

If today was a job interview for Miller and Rice they both failed badly.

Obviously disagree. 

Alloa aren't going to turn over sides realistically so to get them competing from where they were dropping like a stone to grabbing 5th with decent results should make him a contender.

Given the resources we could give him he'd make us challengers at least.

f**k me. Every time we think we’ve hit rock bottom, we out Falkirk ourselves. At least last season we looked decent for most of the campaign before a spectacular implosion after the lockdown. This season was horrendous from start to finish.

Too late now but our fans should consider a protest along the lines of what Oldham did today. 

18 minutes ago, Trump said:

Holy f**k. Getting ‘Alloa organsied’ and beating our rabble today, makes Rice the ‘standout candidate’?

If that’s the case lock the doors and throw away the key.

Getting an organised team together goes a long way to getting out of this league. Signing players like Griffiths while nice and pleasing to the average fan won't necessarily get you out of this league. 

Whoever you bring in either needs alot of money to bring in players that will hit the ground running, or time to build his squad over 2/3 transfer windows. Honestly though, being hybrid in league 1 wouldnt be a bad thing for you and considering the money falkirk have thrown at it so far, it makes little sense that you've not already announced it for next season imo. 

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

f**k me. Every time we think we’ve hit rock bottom, we out Falkirk ourselves. At least last season we looked decent for most of the campaign before a spectacular implosion after the lockdown. This season was horrendous from start to finish.

Too late now but our fans should consider a protest along the lines of what Oldham did today. 

To what end? We have got rid of the old board, we have the fan ownership model which needs backing now. We need the current board to get things right this summer but we cant protest that into happening

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

To what end? We have got rid of the old board, we have the fan ownership model which needs backing now. We need the current board to get things right this summer but we cant protest that into happening

Exactly. We need to at least give the new bod a bit of time to sort things out both on and off the field. They need a full season to judge them on. 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Rice didn't get the job simple as that. So far at alloa the teams he's beaten are the teams you'd expect alloa to beat. The dross in other words.

They've bloody we'll beat us!

What exactly is the detractors beef with Rice?

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Two absolutely awful teams playing like it’s the Gairdoch cup end of season tournament. Alloa’s two goals came from mistakes and school boy mistakes at that. Something from this new BOD needs to change dramatically off and on the park. They need a manger who has a vast amount of experience (definitely not Brian Rice) and near enough a full new set playing staff. Where the money is going to come from I have no idea. For the first time in a long number of years I’m genuinely worried about the future. 

The club have not put the managers job up inviting applications which can only mean they have got the person they want. If that is not the case then the board are as inept as the last lot.

We need as early an appointment as possible here's a hell of a lot of work to be done in a short space of time for the new manager.

Rice has done a really solid job and deserves a lot of credit. However we did have a decent squad for this level with good pros and it took managerial incompetence beyond anything shown by Paul Sheerin and Martin Rennie this season to make us as bad as Ferguson did. Anybody half competent was going to make us better. Indeed, I think at times Rice has actually over complicated things when he didn't have to and that we could easily have picked up more points. He was a good man to steady the ship though, and while I'm not totally convinced he is the man to mastermind a shot at going up, he has certainly earned the chance to do that if he wants the job. We could find a better manager but recent history also shows we could do far worse. 

I'd think it would be a pretty unimaginative appointment from Falkirk. So probably a dead cert. 

Who are the members of the new board, do we have a chairman yet.

None of the Directors will take on the Chairman title as they don’t want to be accountable to the fans.

Just saw on COYB that the Behind the Goals staff are all leaving - add that to the growing list of resignations from club staff tells you something isn’t right with the conduct of the new board.