The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This needs to be done, from a supporter POV so that we are no longer being drip fed unspecific "aye but the mess we were left in....." patter.

Thats not a criticism of the new guys.... Yet. It will be if it keeps happening though. Wer all grown ups. If its a mess, let's hear it. Otherwise, my expectations remain that promotion should be within the reach of a FT club at this level.

I think the plan is to set up some kind of meeting although whether it would be a  full public one or an egm I've no idea.  I think they are spending all they're time currently trying to fix the mess and have feck all time for anything else at the moment. Hopefully they will get the club back to a situation where they can start concentrating wholly on the future and not mainly on the bloody past.

42 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Any idea if the BOD / club plan on holding a fans event to explain what the f**k has gone on this season and how they plan to sort it? People can say we need to “unite together as one” but there’s still so much shit going on and bad feeling between a lot of people involved with the club that even if they appointed a decent manager I’m still not convinced it would persuade me to get a season ticket. A proper clear the air session might just be what we all need. 

I heard there may be a stadium event in the not too distant future.

16 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Was clearly sarcastic applause for the latest in a long, long line of absolute defensive clusterfucks this season. 

What I can’t understand is the fans in the south stand that stood there and clapped the players off the pitch. F***ing shocking that any of the players even attempted to applaud the fans after the sh**e we’ve watched this season but even worse that any of our fans are stupid enough return it.

Two absolutely awful teams playing like it’s the Gairdoch cup end of season tournament. Alloa’s two goals came from mistakes and school boy mistakes at that. Something from this new BOD needs to change dramatically off and on the park. They need a manger who has a vast amount of experience (definitely not Brian Rice) and near enough a full new set playing staff. Where the money is going to come from I have no idea. For the first time in a long number of years I’m genuinely worried about the future. 

48 minutes ago, Russ said:

Callumn Morrison MoM btw emoji23.png

Do we still have the nerve to hand this award out? No more awards of any kind until we have players that can actually be bothered.

This is probably the correspondence sent:

Falkirk Player on WhatsApp: Hiya, I got Man of the Match today

Recipient: Well done, what did you do?

Falkirk Player on WhatsApp: F**ked if I know. See you later at (name of alcohol / fried food serving establishment to be filled in)

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This needs to be done, from a supporter POV so that we are no longer being drip fed unspecific "aye but the mess we were left in....." patter.

Thats not a criticism of the new guys.... Yet. It will be if it keeps happening though. Wer all grown ups. If its a mess, let's hear it. Otherwise, my expectations remain that promotion should be within the reach of a FT club at this level.

……….and that’s why the need to put the story of where we are out in the public domain. Tell it all, and tell it once.

40 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Was clearly sarcastic applause for the latest in a long, long line of absolute defensive clusterfucks this season. 

obviously but sums up how scunnered the fans are when we've stopped actually booing other teams goals and turned to sarcastic cheering.

38 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I’m not really interested in hearing excuses about what the previous board have or haven’t done. Saying a big boy did it and ran away is not going to wash for long.

What I do want to hear is what the plan is for what is an absolutely crucial next season.

I get you, but I can't keep hearing it and hearing it in dribs and drabs. Like DF said, spell it out once, lay down the context of what we are working with, and from then on, own it. 

Guest Ecosse83

Well thank f**k this season is just about over with. Just got the last game to go and we can plan for next season (board have probably been doing that since they came in). 

I’m not sure who they appoint but I’ll support their decision and will be getting a season ticket again for next season which will be my first in 3 seasons. My wee 5 year old lad will also be getting his first season ticket which I almost feel Like I have to apologise to the poor soul for 😂

It’s been a horrendous season but surely things have to get better now, I don’t envy the guys having to rectify this but they need our support now more than ever. 

49 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Sadly, woeful as he is, don't think he's close to that 11. Gary Miller & Hetherington, on the other hand... 

Have to say, as much as he was a fish out of water he at least put some effort in and was MotM. That's how poor everyone else was!

Never a striker as he had opportunity in 2nd half and shirked it to for Dowds when in better position. 

As for manager chat, we should be looking at Rice. He's taken a woeful Alloa under Ferguson and got them organised.

Clear standout at this minute for me.

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

As for manager chat, we should be looking at Rice. He's taken a woeful Alloa under Ferguson and got them organised.

Clear standout at this minute for me.

After the way Rice was treated by the BOD when Rennie was appointed I’d be amazed if he comes anywhere near our club.

Hes not the answer anyway