The Falkirk FC Thread

The perfect chance to play youngsters for 3 games, but because the sevco cheerleader was using the games as his interview, put out a team he thought would win the game, including throwing on a guy who’s signed a pre contract with another club. Get it up him. Glad we lost. 

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think that’s out of order.

His commentary and interviews are too sycophantic at times for me but he’s a long-standing club volunteer who’s put countless hours into the club for no reward.

😴 

Any idea if the BOD / club plan on holding a fans event to explain what the f**k has gone on this season and how they plan to sort it? People can say we need to “unite together as one” but there’s still so much shit going on and bad feeling between a lot of people involved with the club that even if they appointed a decent manager I’m still not convinced it would persuade me to get a season ticket. A proper clear the air session might just be what we all need. 

56 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Without a good appointment as manager and an influx of decent signings the board have one hell of a job selling ST’s for next season. I know a lot of posters think folk will just rock up as usual but I’m not so sure. Apathy really does appear to have truly set in.

For a lot of people every penny will be prisoner to heat the house and put a meal on the table. As much as they would like to support the club rightly if something has to go then its watching Falkirk and put your families and themselves first.

I think its 100% clear now that there is no short term fix here. With the rumoured mess that the new board are having to deal with, 13 players of who most of us would keep 4 if we are being generous, long standing volunteers walking away for a variety of reasons and a perfect storm in terms of our supporters finances, where do we go from here. Some in our support want to treat some of those who have given their time freely to the club with disdain, almost an”if your not part of the solution type approach” but I think its grossly unfair considering the large amounts of their free time that they have put in to the club and quite often haven’t been treated well by those running the club(see Davy Mac last summer for an example)

its likely that any new manager coming in is going to see us as a rebuild project, we don’t have the same draw anymore and we’re going to need to accept that no-one is going to be able to change us overnight. With that in mind, what does success look like for us? Top 4 is probably more realistic than winning the league but would some of our support accept that? If we bring in an Ian Murray does it stabilise us but without turning us into title challengers, if its Rice does it just make us difficult to beat- i just don’t see an outstanding candidate for us unfortunately.

Any idea if the BOD / club plan on holding a fans event to explain what the f**k has gone on this season and how they plan to sort it? People can say we need to “unite together as one” but there’s still so much shit going on and bad feeling between a lot of people involved with the club that even if they appointed a decent manager I’m still not convinced it would persuade me to get a season ticket. A proper clear the air session might just be what we all need. 
This needs to be done, from a supporter POV so that we are no longer being drip fed unspecific "aye but the mess we were left in....." patter.

Thats not a criticism of the new guys.... Yet. It will be if it keeps happening though. Wer all grown ups. If its a mess, let's hear it. Otherwise, my expectations remain that promotion should be within the reach of a FT club at this level.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This needs to be done, from a supporter POV so that we are no longer being drip fed unspecific "aye but the mess we were left in....." patter.

Thats not a criticism of the new guys.... Yet. It will be if it keeps happening though. Wer all grown ups. If its a mess, let's hear it. Otherwise, my expectations remain that promotion should be within the reach of a FT club at this level.

Tbh I’m not really interested in hearing excuses about what the previous board have or haven’t done. Saying a big boy did it and ran away is not going to wash for long.

What I do want to hear is what the plan is for what is an absolutely crucial next season.