The Falkirk FC Thread

The thing against plastic pitches is some players don't like to play on them, pretty sure we will have had a few transfer targets who have knocked us back simply because of the surface. That probably applies to other clubs aswell with a similar surface. It certainly seems that our pitch has attributed to Mills injury if Rennie was to be believed. Prefer a grass pitch myself. 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Quite looking forward to today’s game. Looking forward to see how we play with a full weeks training under Miller. 

If we play well I’m in no way suggesting Miller for the job I’m just interested to see how poor things were under Rennie! 

I actually think we will be our usual dugshite. We always beat East Fife but they had chances last week, it will surprise nobody if Rice has Alloa well organised and they come out and body us. We haven't won two games back to back since August I don't see it happening today either. 

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I actually think we will be our usual dugshite. We always beat East Fife but they had chances last week, it will surprise nobody if Rice has Alloa well organised and they come out and body us. We haven't won two games back to back since August I don't see it happening today either. 

Come on mate I’m clinging onto Sheerin and Rennie being extremely poor and the dug shite players now turning into actual players. 😂

Yes I’ve started drinking at 8.30 to get me through the game! 

Edited by Ecosse83

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

McKinnon had an outrageous budget at QP and still bored their fans to tears

Sheerin is just putting out cones for his pal who's doing the actual management (and also will have a huge budget)

Hartley had a huge budget in L2, a big budget in L1 but has done well. Aside from the three months he took leave of his senses with us he's been a good successful manager.

We've made a catalogue of errors but all three of the names you mentioned deserved to get emptied at us, far sooner in the case of at least one of them ('Sugar' Ray).

The thing I don’t get with Hartley, there were two things that went wrong for him at Falkirk. One was his absolutely batshit mental summer recruitment when he got rid of a decent squad that had a good second half of the 2017/18 season and replaced them with English non-league level dross. That he can learn from and with a good budget at Cove, he evidently has.

However, the other is that the players reportedly downed tools because he was borderline emotionally abusing them on a day to day basis at training. That suggests an issue with his man management skills and yet it’s surprising this issue hasn’t shown up in his other management stints. 

33 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Championship winners - Kilmarnock - Plastic Pitch
League 1 winners - Cove/Airdrie - Plastic Pitch
League 2 winners - Kelty - Plastic Pitch

Many including me prefer a grass pitch but plastic pitches aren't as horrid as people make out.

Plastic pitch equals unfair advantage to the home team , unless you are EF and Falkirk .But really the top of the pyramid. , ie Premier League should only allow grass pitches.

27 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

The thing against plastic pitches is some players don't like to play on them, pretty sure we will have had a few transfer targets who have knocked us back simply because of the surface. That probably applies to other clubs aswell with a similar surface. It certainly seems that our pitch has attributed to Mills injury if Rennie was to be believed. Prefer a grass pitch myself. 

What surface do you think we'd train on if we had a grass pitch?

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

McKinnon had an outrageous budget at QP and still bored their fans to tears

Sheerin is just putting out cones for his pal who's doing the actual management (and also will have a huge budget)

Hartley had a huge budget in L2, a big budget in L1 but has done well. Aside from the three months he took leave of his senses with us he's been a good successful manager.

We've made a catalogue of errors but all three of the names you mentioned deserved to get emptied at us, far sooner in the case of at least one of them ('Sugar' Ray).

I’m not saying otherwise. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Alston is limited but he's generally had a decent enough season, definitely not finished or any of the rest of it that many on here were suggesting. Premiership will probably be a bridge too far for him but I wouldn't mind if we kept him around the squad.

Always liked Alston, great player for us in his first stint.

Sad to see him drown in the sea of shit that our team was and still is in his second spell with us.

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Outwith the top division and maybe a few championship teams. Players will train on 3g for a massive part of the year even if they play on a grass pitch on a Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

The thing I don’t get with Hartley, there were two things that went wrong for him at Falkirk. One was his absolutely batshit mental summer recruitment when he got rid of a decent squad that had a good second half of the 2017/18 season and replaced them with English non-league level dross. That he can learn from and with a good budget at Cove, he evidently has.

However, the other is that the players reportedly downed tools because he was borderline emotionally abusing them on a day to day basis at training. That suggests an issue with his man management skills and yet it’s surprising this issue hasn’t shown up in his other management stints. 

Probably says more about the players than Hartley. We seem to have had squads of complete shitebags for seasons now lead by nicey nice managers who love them because they're great in training. Footballs a tough game and too many modern day players want an easy life. You look at the players Hartley has now like vigurs and Reynolds they'll not crumble under their manager giving them a complete roasting I can assure you of that.

Anyway, today is not a competitive fixture, so winning two or three now means precious little.

I finally succumbed to COVID at the 97 Lock In night, so isolating until Wednesday. Falkirk TV for me. I think we will win it simply because Alloa couldn’t overtake us with a win, so I don’t see them being overly fussed.

Next week, we will probably be playing a Mount Florida Schools Select.

On 22/04/2022 at 13:39, Springfield said:

Add - anyone who actually stays to the final minute tomorrow, make sure you give the loudest boos to those imposters. If you’re going to clap hang your head in shame…..

Thats the spirit... hooe your not going

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Anyway, today is not a competitive fixture, so winning two or three now means precious little.

I finally succumbed to COVID at the 97 Lock In night, so isolating until Wednesday. Falkirk TV for me. I think we will win it simply because Alloa couldn’t overtake us with a win, so I don’t see them being overly fussed.

Next week, we will probably be playing a Mount Florida Schools Select.

Plus deep down in the Fakirk players minds that are leaving at the end of the season is not to get injured.

These people have a living to make and to end the season injured with a short time left on club medical  insurance even if they dont know they are doing it they will hold back.

Sad thing is the fans wont notice.

Anyway best of luck getting  through the dreaded lurgy

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m hearing more long serving staff are resigning. What is going on behind the scenes? Abandoning a sinking ship or genuine reasons for going?

Given the Clubs rapid decline over the past few years, I hope the new board clear the fucking decks. Sick of seeing the same old faces stink the place out year after year. Gut the place.

Edited by MSG GTF!

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m hearing more long serving staff are resigning. What is going on behind the scenes? Abandoning a sinking ship or genuine reasons for going?

You may have a point but only because I’ve no idea who specifically your referring to, however the bigger picture is there have been a number of self serving hangers on at the club needing weeded out for a long long time, a few have gone already and hopefully a few more will follow. I’ve been happy with how the new BOD have operated so far and having attended the various fans events to meet and ask questions ect I’m content there motives are 100% focused on doing what’s best for the club and not themselves which in itself alone is an improvement,  it’s going to be a big pre season for us and it’s now up to them to make the correct decisions, I don’t envy them but I do have confidence these guys will get it right long term. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

16 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Given the Clubs rapid decline over the past few years, I hope the new board clear the fucking decks. Sick of seeing the same old faces stink the place out year after year. Gut the place.

I don’t think you could accuse these people of “stinking the place out” Just wondered why they are all deciding to go now?