The Falkirk FC Thread

Charlie Telfer goes to bat for Miller in Falkirk Herald this week. 

Seems like the PR campaign is beginning to soften up the support in favour of him getting the job.

Also interesting to note that inwardly the players enjoyed Rennie and Millers management as Telfer expresses disappointment in Rennie's departure and suggests that KM isn't too disimilar.

I'd put him odds-on favourite now.

10 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

When your contracted strikers for next season currently stand at Wilson and possibly Ompreon aye Dowds is dugshite right enough! We couldn't give Wilson and Ompreon away in a raffle. 

Those two will be nowhere near the team next year assuming that they are even at the club.

Dowds is a very average player who only stood out ( briefly ) on his return because of the dreadful level we are at.

9 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Seems like the PR campaign is beginning to soften up the support in favour of him getting the job.

Also interesting to note that inwardly the players enjoyed Rennie and Millers management as Telfer expresses disappointment in Rennie's departure and suggests that KM isn't too disimilar.

FFS !! Please Fckn NO Miller.

WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER FCKN PROJECT !

WE HAVE MAYBE ONE SEASON TO GET OUR ACT TOGETHER!

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Let’s be honest he was probably asked the question about Miller and what’s he meant to say? Of course he’s going to say he likes him. It means absolutely nothing! 

27 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

The talk of winning the last couple of games, as if that makes up for anything and pays back the support in any meaningful way.

Bunch of total losers, even wee Telfer. See ya 

30 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Stopped reading at "There's a real hunger to win the last three games"

1) who cares about the last three games?

2) where's this "real hunger" been for the previous 33?

We beat a horse shit East Fife team that was essentially already relegated. It's completely irrelevant.

51 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

“I walked into the Falkirk dressing room and that was one of the things Charlie Telfer said about me as well.

“Charlie’s another big Rangers fan and he told me that before I came to the club he didn’t like me.

“He said: ‘I didn’t know you but I didn’t like you but now I think you’re a good guy and don’t have a bad bone in your body.’

Staunch Charlie.

Edited by gav-ffc

Guest FFC1965

My last game was the Peterhead draw in February.  I'm not going tomorrow and I'll probably go watch my local team Edinburgh City v Annan tonight.  Its probably the longest consecutive run of games I've missed over the years Ive had a ST. 

Would love ECFC to get promoted as it would make for two FFC away games within easy reach of home.  TFS is a dreadful stadium in a dreadful location and many away fixtures are far easier for me to reach.  Dunfermline and ECFC in L1 next season as well as Kelty would be perfect on that front.  

In normal times the conclusion of an awful season would mean a good number of players making their final home appearance tomorrow.  Will be interesting to see how much change has actually taken place when August comes round given that many duds are contracted to 23 or 24.   

I'm another one who doesn't want KM as manager.  We need experience even if its an appointment that doesn't set the pulse racing.  

Interesting that both Telfer and Dowds (Probably the only two guys out of contract I'd have kept from our current shower) have spoken so highly of Rennie and Miller considering results and performances under them have been no where near good enough.

Now I wasn't expecting them to turn it round overnight but they were heavily backed in the transfer window and there was pretty much no improvement with a steady decline as the season went on. Baffling tactics and team selections at times and if it wasn't for East Fife and Dumbarton being so utterly horseshit and gifting us half our entire points total for the season it would have been so much worse.

There were some on here who predicted when Miller came in as assistant that he'd use it to try and weasel his way into the managers job and it appears you were correct in that assessment. Perhaps instead of trying to win the next two pointless games when there is absolutely f**k all at stake, we should look back at his and Rennie's record since they came in. That would almost automatically disqualify him from the discussion. Get him to f***.

I can't see the new board being idiotic enough to appoint yet another inexperienced manager, so with that in mind I reckon Miller's out the running. Especially with all the talk of us possibly going down the hybrid route next season.

Edited by FFC 1876

Telfer mentions the “winning two consecutive games” is a huge focus now. I don’t see why it should, as there are no truly competitive games to play.

After Sheerin’s early season three in a row, there were no more consecutive wins, and it really wasn’t about inconsistency. Quite the opposite…..we were very consistent.

After the three in row, we had 8 meaningful chances to win two in a row (I am not including last week’s win, as it was just a fixture fulfilment match). Those 8 victories consisted of three wins over East Fife, three wins over Dumbarton, one win over Clyde, and one win over Alloa. We couldn’t win two in a row because an EF game wasn’t followed by a Dumbarton game and vice versa. When we won a game against a weak side, it was then followed by a game against a better side with the predictable outcome.

We were just not good enough.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I can't see the new board being idiotic enough to appoint yet another inexperienced manager, so with that in mind I reckon Miller's out the running. Especially with all the talk of us possibly going down the hybrid route next season.

I don’t know where the hybrid stuff is coming from. The BoD have said with 14 FT players on the books already, we stay full time for next season.

56 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t know where the hybrid stuff is coming from. The BoD have said with 14 FT players on the books already, we stay full time for next season.

The use of “hybrid” may refer to possible targets/signings that would be part time. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That doesn't stop the new manager signing 5/6 on PT contracts and they only train with the team twice a week. 14 on the books but a lot of those 14 we'll be trying our hardest to shift on I'd imagine. Who have I missed?

Paddy Martin
Luke Holt

Ryan Williamson
Leon Mccann
Brad Mckay
Paul Watson

Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington
Sebb Ross
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie

Finlay Malcolm