The Falkirk FC Thread

53 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I want a carbon copy of the Ochilview strips (home and away), probably my favourite since the early 90s Hummell numbers.

We looked mean as hell in those, so I'd be right behind that.

As FFC 1876 says, the 15-16 ones were gorgeous too.

Although my all time favourite strip was the all white number we wore when we came back from a goal down to win the 2015 Scottish Cup 2-1.

Woefully mismanaged and misused during his entire time with us, aside from a handful of games before we blew up the entire side to accommodate The Corner Taker. 

His strengths were linking the play and dropping deep and we were largely blasting long balls up to him because he's tall. 

I can remember people panelling him for being overweight on the first day of this season. He was standing about 2 feet in front of me for most of the game and he was in great nick. 

Holt and Cones will get the blame but most fans were wanting shot of him when he went to Arbroath.

He'll do well for Thistle and I wish him well.

Good news for us as he seems to have done well particularly with Arbroath.  Was just looking at lineups for Falkirk games last few weeks and cant see him in the team - was he injured or was it because this was in the pipeline and Rennie was not happy with him moving on?

Thanks

Just now, third lanark said:

Good news for us as he seems to have done well particularly with Arbroath.  Was just looking at lineups for Falkirk games last few weeks and cant see him in the team - was he injured or was it because this was in the pipeline and Rennie was not happy with him moving on?

Thanks

He was injured.

On his immediate return from Arbroath he was tremendous, scoring a hat trick in his 1st game. I think everyone is sympathetic with his situation with ex employees of ours, and wish him well at Thistle.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Woefully mismanaged and misused during his entire time with us, aside from a handful of games before we blew up the entire side to accommodate The Corner Taker. 

His strengths were linking the play and dropping deep and we were largely blasting long balls up to him because he's tall. 

I can remember people panelling him for being overweight on the first day of this season. He was standing about 2 feet in front of me for most of the game and he was in great nick. 

Holt and Cones will get the blame but most fans were wanting shot of him when he went to Arbroath.

He'll do well for Thistle and I wish him well.

The fact we loaned him out and kept Wilson, Ompreon and Keena as we thought they were better striking options is really damning of our club. We are a fucking mess.

42 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

What looks increasingly likely is that Clarke ePOS will disappear soon. No evidence of business, empty office, chip shop correspondence address, sponsors of Livingston, no accounts have ever been submitted. None of that should fill anyone with confidence. Shirt sales tend to always have the sponsor on the front. I guess the new ones won’t go on sale until a new shirt sponsor is found.

He's been snaking his way around Scottish football for a good while. Was chased off by Lachlan Cameron when be was our chairman. At the time wanted to fill our ground with Restore-a-roof (who funnily enough soon went bust) hoardings, then went to the media crying about how terrible Lachlan was. Think he was also sponsoring St Mirren at the same time, or atleast buying advertising space at the ground.

No surprise about Dowds he was just about as scunnered with the club as we are. Worked his socks off for the team when he did play and managed to add goals to his game also so good luck to him.

Our striking options as it stands for next season are Finlay Malcolm and Jaime Wilson.

A shame re Dowds. He's a shining example of how bad the likes of Holt really were. Couldn't find his arse with both hands never mind a football player.

The way he went on to publicly speak about Dowds was shameful and as much as you kinda hope the new broom might convince Dowds to stay, shelling the kitchen sink to bring in Griffiths probably didn't impress him much either, when Dowds himself could see the lack of a midfield was his problem, and would be for Griffiths too (among other things).

Absolutely do not blame him for leaving and can only hope that anyone we sign from now on is treated with respect and this sort of shit is in the past.

35 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Don't know how accurate the the info is but been told Simon Murray is signing a pre contract 

As a QP fan, if that’s true, i’d be extremely surprised that another full time side are willing to offer Murray a contract, even if Falkirk are a shambles. He’s probably going to be on a fairly hefty wage with no guarantees he plays a full season injury free whilst not being exactly prolific. He’ll score goals at this level still but if that’s the replacement for Dowds, it’s certainly no upgrade. Would of really liked Dowds at QP. Thought he was really impressive the last fixture against each other. Can certainly shift for a big guy 

Edited by qpfc