The Falkirk FC Thread

Don’t know if this is what the rumours are about but it was a vastly reduced price that Clarke EPOS signed up to pay after the Rawlings caused Central Demolition to walk away by demanding they more than doubled what they paid every year. Ironically they ended up with Clarke on less than Central had been paying (and were happy to keep paying).

You wonder how they manage to keep up payments for all their sponsorships given their social media is filled with football sponsorships but nothing about their products and don’t seem to have a website?

Will be interesting to see if our marketing expert on the new board can find us a new shirt sponsor for next season?

29 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:
Players there that our squad today can only hope of being as good as and of course a proper strip.
IMG-20220420-WA0003.thumb.jpg.3195bd55b6def6aefb13ad03febc869e.jpg

Cracking strip that, first top I bought myself with saving my pocket money. Talking of strips, Does anyone know if are we still with Puma for next season?

Yes. It's their final season I think. 

54 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:
Yes. It's their final season I think. 

You already took the pics of them?.

No. The earliest strips used to get released was the last game of the season, but there's no danger they'll do that this year because of how things have gone. 

I don't imagine the strips are even in the country yet. 

13 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Players there that our squad today can only hope of being as good as and of course a proper strip.

IMG-20220420-WA0003.jpg

Hopefully we'll stop fannying about and get back to red shoulders next season.  Regardless of whether folk like them or not, red shouldered kits = successful seasons.  

6 hours ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Don’t know if this is what the rumours are about but it was a vastly reduced price that Clarke EPOS signed up to pay after the Rawlings caused Central Demolition to walk away by demanding they more than doubled what they paid every year. Ironically they ended up with Clarke on less than Central had been paying (and were happy to keep paying).

You wonder how they manage to keep up payments for all their sponsorships given their social media is filled with football sponsorships but nothing about their products and don’t seem to have a website?

Will be interesting to see if our marketing expert on the new board can find us a new shirt sponsor for next season?

We have a marketing expert on the new Board?

For the first time ever I couldn’t give a shiny shite about the design of the strip, more concerned with what’s occupying them. We have had some decent strips in the past five years but when they are being worn by players not fit to wear the navy blue it matters not a jot.

Don’t know if shirts become cherished after good seasons, or simply because they are just brilliant in their own right.

This season’s shirt gave me the fear from get go. I hate pin stripes, and even moreso, it looks way too close to a DAFC strip.

7 hours ago, Braes_Bairn said:

The less nefarious version was that CD were happy enough to cease sponsorship, but wouldn’t leave the club high and dry. After a few years of stepping in to fill the void, Clarke ePOS appeared on the scene. How much they were prepared to pay compared to CD I do not know. Nor do I know if the end of CDs time was amicable or not……I can only hope.

Carrie Rawlins did indeed make a declaration that she was going to rule the commercial roost. Again, I have no idea if she spoke to CD or not. We might never know. 
What looks increasingly likely is that Clarke ePOS will disappear soon. No evidence of business, empty office, chip shop correspondence address, sponsors of Livingston, no accounts have ever been submitted. None of that should fill anyone with confidence. Shirt sales tend to always have the sponsor on the front. I guess the new ones won’t go on sale until a new shirt sponsor is found.

24 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I want a carbon copy of the Ochilview strips (home and away), probably my favourite since the early 90s Hummell numbers.

I would have that Hummel strip back just as it was.

25 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I want a carbon copy of the Ochilview strips (home and away), probably my favourite since the early 90s Hummell numbers.

I liked the 2015 strips, plain blue and plain white with the gold writing and badge, they looked classy. If we can fill them with players who will fight for the jersey I’m pretty much prepared to accept any design.

Anyone know if the vacant managerial position has been advertised? If it hasn’t, is that pointing to KM quite possibly being a shoo-in for the job?

Maybe just waiting for the season to be done and dusted before advertising for applicants?

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Anyone know if the vacant managerial position has been advertised? If it hasn’t, is that pointing to KM quite possibly being a shoo-in for the job?

Maybe just waiting for the season to be done and dusted before advertising for applicants?

They said in the Rennie update that the process was already underway so they obviously have people they fancy for it.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Wouldn’t read too much into the position not being advertised.

Probably already a foot high pile of applications on the CEO’s desk.

95% of whom will be diddies and daydreamers.