The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The lack of potential managers throwing their hat in the ring is very telling on how far our reputation has fallen.

How exactly do you know this to be the case exactly? Are you involved in the recruitment process?

22 minutes ago, Donathan said:

What I took from it is that MR decided a week or two ago that he won’t be signing a new contract and would return to the states at the end of the season, KM said he fancies the job and MR decided to step back immediately and let him have a 3 game audition for it rather than seeing out the last few games. 

I think the reason for the 6 month contract is that the intention was that Rennie was always going to be leaving and that Miller would take over. The expectation though would have been that the club had comfortably reached the play-offs and the hand over would be taking place when we were on the up and that the fans would then buy into it.

Well, we're not and we haven't, so don't do it! 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Maybe, however one win over EF doesn’t hide the appalling stint he and Rennie have brought to the table.
Don’t want anyone near the club that views us as a part time hobby and has a high profile slot/gig with TV/Radio. 

Not saying that Miller is the right man for the job but I don’t remember anyone bitching about the media work that Houston was involved in whilst manager.

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think the reason for the 6 month contract is that the intention was that Rennie was always going to be leaving and that Miller would take over. The expectation though would have been that the club had comfortably reached the play-offs and the hand over would be taking place when we were on the up and that the fans would then buy into it.

I am in no way ITK, but that just screams mythological nonsense to me. Why on earth would that be the plan? Even if Rennie had done well we'd all be asking why the Sevco cheerleader was taking over from the successful Rennie. There would be almost zero upsides to that plan for anyone.

As @gav-ffcnotes, all those quotes are from the FTV post match interview. Daily Record have just spun a headline out of those words to try and get some ugly sister fans to click on the column. 

14 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I am in no way ITK, but that just screams mythological nonsense to me. Why on earth would that be the plan? Even if Rennie had done well we'd all be asking why the Sevco cheerleader was taking over from the successful Rennie. There would be almost zero upsides to that plan for anyone.

As @gav-ffcnotes, all those quotes are from the FTV post match interview. Daily Record have just spun a headline out of those words to try and get some ugly sister fans to click on the column. 

Because Rennie had a reputation for turning teams around quickly and would maybe have agreed to try to do the same with us? We are, after all, his boyhood club and this may have given him the opportunity to realise an ambition without having to uproot his family and life? If it had gone to plan there would have been an upside for everyone involved?

Please note that I'm ending every sentence with a question mark. 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Not acceptable, as you yourself agreed in a previous post. We are not a fucking hobby for Miller, he gives us 100% of his time and attention or he can fcuk off. I am sure that there are plenty of other potential managers out there who would gladly give us 100%.

To paraphrase the late, great Barry White, Falkirk are My First, My last, My Everything, I would expect that while a manager is working for Falkirk that that is his position too.

Load of shite. Everyone is entitled to have other interests away from their full time job. 

Edited by latapythelegend

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not saying that Miller is the right man for the job but I don’t remember anyone bitching about the media work that Houston was involved in whilst manager.

I remember Owen Coyle and Yogi being on Scotsport on a Sunday night back in the 02/03 season. 

Completely out of order and massively affected the team, eh, uhm, winning a title.

12 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Load of shite. Everyone is entitled to have other interests away from their full time job. 

Fair enough, but it is when they are doing their punditry work instead of doing the work that we are paying them for that really pisses me off, (see attached video).

Mind you, more often than not, when Jim Jefferies and Yogi Hughes had a spare few hours they were driving up and down the length of the UK to take a look at players for the betterment of Falkirk FC, not doing punditry work just to line their own pockets. I am no fan of Yogi but when he was the manager you could never complain about his work ethic or his passion to succeed.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

The BOD and support have seen what happens when you put inexperienced guys at the helm. 
This is not the time for another project, we need someone who knows this bloody league and how to get out it.

Like Ray & Hartley?🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:

I'd imagine the now vacant ER hotseat might be occupying the minds of Thomson, Brown & Murray just now.

Edited by kiddy

Fair enough, but it is when they are doing their punditry work instead of doing the work that we are paying them for that really pisses me off, (see attached video).
Mind you, more often than not, when Jim Jefferies and Yogi Hughes had a spare few hours they were driving up and down the length of the UK to take a look at players for the betterment of Falkirk FC, not doing punditry work just to line their own pockets. I am no fan of Yogi but when he was the manager you could never complain about his work ethic or his passion to succeed.

Gary Holt was doing a 12 hour day[emoji3]

42 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Of course you'll have looked at the runners & riders? It's a pretty thin landscape at their level too.🙈

2022-04-19 (2).png

Hahahaha, random list from a P&B clown. Won't be Thomson, Murray or Brown (Although I would love it to be 😂). 

Certainly won't be IM 👀

Edited by sick boy

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Hahahaha, random list from P&B clown. Won't be Thomson, Murray or Brown (Although I would love it to be 😂). 

Certainly won't be IM 👀

😂 you tease

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Don’t know how many times this has been pointed out. He no doubt had media contracts before joining us. We won’t be paying him the earth so IMO this season he gets a pass. If he wants it FT he will have to curtail things dramatically. 

On 14/04/2022 at 20:44, Back Post Misses said:

Because we are paying the fella peanuts probably. When he took the job I am sure he said that he had those media commitments and we will have taken him on knowing that. That is nothing to do with professional pride simply him making a living. I am sure He will know if he wants the Falkirk job he will have to cut that back dramatically. 

On 14/04/2022 at 20:49, Bairn in Exile said:

You mean completely, surely? In our predicament we need our manager giving us 100% of their time and attention.

On 14/04/2022 at 20:51, Back Post Misses said:

Yes completely 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t know how many times this has been pointed out. He no doubt had media contracts before joining us. We won’t be paying him the earth so IMO this season he gets a pass. If he wants it FT he will have to curtail things dramatically. 

So which is it? Completely or dramatically?

There's absolutely zero chance that any plan was in place for miller to replace Rennie at the end of the season. Rennie was appointed after interview for a start. He then chose miller as his assistant . Rennie had agreed to the 6 month contract well before miller came on board. I'm sure that the new bod realise that someone with experience is needed to replace Rennie and I'll be very surprised if that's not what happens.

Guest Brockvillenomore
5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Take a holiday mate. You need it. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So which is it? Completely or dramatically?

The irony is all the posters complaining about KM doing media work and not paying attention to FFC are likely at work, skiving on P&B 🤣