weekes

mcguffie

nesbitt

watson

morrison

mckay

ross

I make it 13

You missed Steven Hetherington, Finlay Malcolm. Paddy Martin and Jaime Wilson. 

The deals for Lemon, Cammy Williamson and Weekes are up in the summer. 

The accurate number is 14, at least based on the dates given on the website the day they were announced. 

Edited to add that if you guess a squad of 20 there are only 6 spaces to be filled in the summer, assuming of course that none of those under contract can be persuaded to move on. 

Edited again because I miscounted. Do'h! 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

There’s a very loyal fan based completely fcked off with watching a set of thieves steal wage upon wage. The fans have demonstrated over the years that they will support the club in numbers. Unfortunately it looks like Covid and a wasteful set of imposters over the past three seasons has finally been enough for many.
The support that attended our last two games was pitiful, hundreds upon hundreds simply had enough, and decided on an alternative Saturday.
I genuinely think if they can get the right manager, somehow get the dross away, and a decent spine brought in, the fans will back the club. As posted the financial costs for many will be very difficult and unfortunately we will undoubtedly loose some fans.
Three STs from west of Glasgow will be renewing.

The fan base evaporated in the 70's and attendances were worse than now. When the team found momentum again they all came back. Falkirk loving is for life not just for Christmas but paying to watch pish is a different story

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Cammy Williamson, Weekes and Lemon's contacts are up at the end of this season.  Not sure on Blair Sneddon but he'll be on peanuts.  

Sadly too many are not on peanuts 

2 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
3 hours ago, Springfield said:
There’s a very loyal fan based completely fcked off with watching a set of thieves steal wage upon wage. The fans have demonstrated over the years that they will support the club in numbers. Unfortunately it looks like Covid and a wasteful set of imposters over the past three seasons has finally been enough for many.
The support that attended our last two games was pitiful, hundreds upon hundreds simply had enough, and decided on an alternative Saturday.
I genuinely think if they can get the right manager, somehow get the dross away, and a decent spine brought in, the fans will back the club. As posted the financial costs for many will be very difficult and unfortunately we will undoubtedly loose some fans.
Three STs from west of Glasgow will be renewing.

The fan base evaporated in the 70's and attendances were worse than now. When the team found momentum again they all came back. Falkirk loving is for life not just for Christmas but paying to watch pish is a different story

The 70's were hard made all the worse because the memories of the Cunningham era were so fresh in peoples minds  7-9000 to 500 in 4 years takes some doing.

The only ones who will be a big issue  to move on are McKay and Hetherington. Ross, Wilson, Holt etc will be on buttons.
Mcguffie and Nesbitt can sit on the bench but I would happily move them on if there’s interest.

Think McGuffie has shown enough recently he can be a decent player at this level imo. Not brilliant but I’d be keeping him on. Nesbitt can get himself to f**k though, absolutely ganting.

I’d imagine Hetherington could probably find a club no bother due to his Alloa form. Brad McKay is 100% here for another 2 years. Not a chance there’s another team stupid enough to be wanting to take him on.

Some being offered terms elsewhere isn’t going to be the be all and end all of the issue. So, aye, we would like you to come to us. How much are you on at Falkirk? Oh right. Well we can offer you 30% of what you are on at Falkirk, but you would be a guaranteed starter.

Oh right, you want to talk it over with your missus. Totally understand. Yeah, cash is tight for everyone. You have to do what’s best for your family.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think Ryan Williamson has no desire to be at Falkirk. Absolutely not what we need.

I wouldn't mind giving him a go as the right winger next season, He's horrid defensively but has some gallop on him and he's also got a good cross on him. I'd keep Mcguffie as a squad player given he's fairly versatile and has shown flashes of quality. Hetherington's been better the last few games but I doubt he's got enough quality to turn it around completely so I'd like to see him moved on. It's really not for the lack of trying he's just not good enough on the ball and too slow to be used as just a ball winner. 

Hopefully the new managers announced soon so he can start building the squad for next season straight away.

Guest FFC1965

Ive probably seen Hetherington more times in an Alloa shirt than for Falkirk, and the contrast is baffling.  For Alloa he reminded me of Alex Taylor, an elegant player in the Jefferies era.  For us he's more - well - Phil Taylor

Im hoping (foolishly perhaps) that he's maybe one of a number of players who can turn it round.  

He strikes me as the sort of player who, if they left Falkirk would turn (back) into a decent player - similarly I could see the same happening with R Wiliamson McCann, Nesbitt & Ross so Im hoping a new regime might help them find form.  Its Hobsons Choice anyway as we'll have to give a good number of the existing squad a try next season one way or another its just a question of which one or two contracted to 31.05.23 or 31.05.24 the club really wants to leave.    

Top of my list to move on would be McKay - but as he's contracted to 31.05.24 it probably makes it very difficult.    

Rennie leaving is the correct decision and hopefully it being announced now will allow an early appointment so that the new manager can get a good look at the squad and decide who to keep or look to punt. 

I see Rennies departure being lampooned on social media as continuing evidence of Falkirk FC The Car Crash Club, but I actually see it positively especially as its effectively just a nil cost seeing out the end of a fixed term contract for an appointment that all parties recognise didnt work.       

47 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Interesting how people have such differing opinions on players. Every time I've seen McGuffie, I've thought he's looked lightweight/powerduff as f**k, and I'd get rid. The manager coming in has decisions to make, for sure.

He’s shown ability in tiny flashes this season but he doesn’t contribute anywhere near enough for me.

Having said that, Nesbitt’s done nothing since September so I’d rather move him on.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Interesting how people have such differing opinions on players. Every time I've seen McGuffie, I've thought he's looked lightweight/powerduff as f**k, and I'd get rid. The manager coming in has decisions to make, for sure.

He’s probably the only player thats improved as the seasons went on. Unwatchable the first few months but there’s been a few games where he’s been our only good player and then gets subbed, Rennie seems to have a fetish for subbing the players who are actually doing not pish.

If everyone had a vote, other than McKay, Wilson, Holt, Weekes and Lemon, you’d find people making cases for just about everyone else as “squad players”.

I just can’t get my head around what we have seen all year as our phantom midfield, and yet a few would keep all of Morrison, Telfer, McGuffie and Nesbitt…..or even three of them, or hope that a new manager would “turn them around”.

For me, nice player as he is, Ryan Williamson would be gone. As right back, he is pretty brutal, as a wing back, he can only do the “wing” bit as a kind of tribute act of a real winger.

There is no real physicality in our side beyond Anton Dowds. But for his injury, Jevon Mills was well on his way to being our best centre back.

For an entire season, we have had no identity, no leadership, no collective will, and no grit. We all know that a Falkirk team (hopefully) finishing 5th in L1 is a hell of a mess, but to also have conceded more than we have scored is pretty shambolic.

If a new manager comes in and reckons just a slack handful of signings on top of what we have will fix things, then more power to him. I think it will take a lot more than that.

The madness of Gary Holt’s recruitment runs very deep.

26 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If a new manager comes in and reckons just a slack handful of signings on top of what we have will fix things, then more power to him. I think it will take a lot more than that.

I don’t think that’s what’s been said here. As far as I can see most are saying only 3 or 4 of the current dross would be in the plans next season - McCann, Morrison, Watson and possibly Williamson.

However we are aware a number are still under contract. I think the point is that the tidy up job might not be as difficult as some are making out. We have 13 under contract, keep 4 to play, keep a couple for the bench if we can’t get rid of them, the young boys should be on buttons and easy enough to move on.

If we can manufacture this then it leaves 7 or 8 places to drastically improve the starting 11 and only 3 or 4 of the current lot that would be difficult to shift. Not exactly “a slack handful of signings” as you put it and not having to pay off 14 players either as you suggested earlier.

Whether the BOD have the funds to be able to do this remains to be seen but that’s how I’d like to see it playing out. 

Getting Brad McKay off the books must be priority number 1 for whoever the new boss is.

In a ideal world he’d leave for free after getting told you’ll not even make the bench for games but which might not work nowadays but he genuinely that bad it may be worth letting him rot until the august transfer deadline and see if he can line something up.