The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Even if Miller does well in his remaining time, what he has to offer is not what we need at this particular time.

We need an experienced manager who has been ‘round the blocks ‘ in this league.

The names already mentioned of McGlynn and Murray are what we require and wouldn’t be all that expensive.

I’ve no idea at Falkirks finances but are you likely to have the biggest budget next season?

Did Holt resign or was he paid off?

Has Kenny Miller played games or just been doing coaching 

28 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I’ve no idea at Falkirks finances but are you likely to have the biggest budget next season?

Did Holt resign or was he paid off?

Has Kenny Miller played games or just been doing coaching 

No, Kelty will probably have a bigger budget as will at least one of the teams who come down.

Paid off

Just coaching.

4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Came across this again today. As much as we’re (hopefully) at our lowest, this type of atmosphere, crowd and occasion should strive every single person connected with the club to get back to nights like these. If and when that time comes again, we’ll all appreciate it all the more I’m sure.

OTT looking back considering the job wasn’t complete.

4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Came across this again today. As much as we’re (hopefully) at our lowest, this type of atmosphere, crowd and occasion should strive every single person connected with the club to get back to nights like these. If and when that time comes again, we’ll all appreciate it all the more I’m sure.

I watched the game in Tenerife and when Bob scored I ran about the hotel reception like a man possessed.

Agreed, I remember thinking it was a bit  cringy.
In recent times we have to celebrate even small success. We deserve it after all the doom and gloom we have suffered over last 5 seasons. I would cheer wildly if we could even beat a full time team as it has been so long

In actual fact, it might be a good thing to go into next season as one of the underdogs. Cove gone, but replaced by QotS, and if one of the others goes up, Ayr United might well be the ones to come down.

Add in Kelty, so you might have them, Montrose, QP, QotS and Ayr all fancied ahead of us (I am of course, presuming Airdrie are promoted).

Going into the season as the sixth best prospect might be no bad thing. A bit of realism, and (we hope) a place to improve from.

Beating a full time team in a proper competitive match? We cannot do that this season……all chances have now gone.

The last time we did it wasn’t the 3-2 win over RC in 2019……that wasn’t a competitive match as RC had already won the league. The last time we beat a full time side in a truly competitive match was a one goal victory of DA in April 2019………..over three years ago. A post war record (of shame) for a full time side.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

On 09/04/2022 at 19:14, bridge of allan bairn said:

interestingly after I watched the rennie interview a houstie popper up on my YouTube feed immediately after it.  I thought I'd watch it to compare the styles.

it was after a defeat to dunfermline where we had gone down to 9 men. houstie was honest and angry. said there were a lot of his players who talk a good game, soft as putty, days off would be cancelled, videos would be watched till they get it right.

fed up with the we trained well all week before games and deluded we played well after defeats, I juries etc. give me 

Kelty will not have a bigger budget. Queen's Park will be the only team with a bigger budget, should Dunfermline stay up. 

Early warnings from the BOD about what we can probably expect for the new season budget.
If (and it’s a huge if) we can sustain STs numbers and somehow release/punt/bin many of the charlatans without to much cost, I wouldn’t expect to much reduction in budget, but the reality will probably be a reduced budget. Can anyone confirm if Totts is now back in some capacity?

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Early warnings from the BOD about what we can probably expect for the new season budget.
If (and it’s a huge if) we can sustain STs numbers and somehow release/punt/bin many of the charlatans without to much cost, I wouldn’t expect to much reduction in budget, but the reality will probably be a reduced budget. Can anyone confirm if Totts is now back in some capacity?

He has been back since the new board came in helping out on the commercial side on a PT basis 

5 hours ago, Rennieball said:

Kelty will not have a bigger budget. Queen's Park will be the only team with a bigger budget, should Dunfermline stay up. 

I forgot about QP. I think Kelty will still have a big budget. They are bank-rolled and have spent a hefty amount improving there set up.  They weren't paying likes of Tidser and Higginbotham pennies to play in the Lowland League

Guest Ecosse83

Rumours of Murray hitting up I see, have to say if it is Murray then I’d be delighted with that appointment. Solid for this league and although has experience is still fairly young and will still have ambitions to manage at a much higher level, quite frankly that’s what I want, someone that will get us going in the right direction and if they get tapped up then it’s for a good reason! 

While I don’t want McGlynn, if it turns out to be him, he will get my backing. Same for Murray or whoever else may get the gig.

BoD need to be clear what next season is all about. It’s easier to say “we are going for the title”, and while 10 clubs could say the same, is that really a realistic aim?
Is it qualify for the play offs while beginning to undo the damage  behind the scenes, and it’s likely to 24 months before we might be truly “in the mix” for the title?

Whatever it is, managing expectations is going to be a huge part of it. Last Friday in BTW showed the following and passion that very few clubs in Scotland can conjur up from almost nowhere. Don’t know how we harness that for what might be a really tough couple of years, but I hope it happens.

Next season will be tough, I’m prepared to be very patient provided we see some sort of progress. 

Qos will be better than the Alloa that came down last season, Alloa will be better than this season’s Alloa, Queens Park will be better than Queens Park this season, Kelty will be better than East Fife. Only hope is Airdrie/Montrose fade a bit. 

Any Falkirk fan expecting more than playoffs is in dreamland imo 

Edited by bairn88

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Next season will be tough, I’m prepared to be very patient provided we see some sort of progress. 

Qos will be better than the Alloa that came down last season, Alloa will be better than this season’s Alloa, Queens Park will be better than Queens Park this season, Kelty will be better than East Fife. Only hope is Airdrie/Montrose fade a bit. 

I’m not buying into that. Whilst it may be true that these teams will be better they are still not very good. Are we really at the stage we are running scared of teams like Alloa and accepting 4th place before a ball is even kicked?

I know we are shit but f**k that. A good managerial appointment and a squad overhaul in the summer will be crucial but I’m not ready to start making excuses before we even know who will be in our dugout and in the team. f**k that. 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m not buying into that. Whilst it may be true that these teams will be better they are still not very good. Are we really at the stage we are running scared of teams like Alloa and accepting 4th place before a ball is even kicked?

I know we are shit but f**k that. A good managerial appointment and a squad overhaul in the summer will be crucial but I’m not ready to start making excuses before we even know who will be in our dugout and in the team. f**k that. 

I think the league the past 3 seasons has been very poor, especially so this season. However, we’ve spunked those chances on awful managerial appointments.

I may be wrong, and overestimating what quality there will be next season. But just having watched e.g Dunfermline/QOS games on BBC Friday night now and again - they look miles and miles ahead of even Cove this year 

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I'm not saying I exepct more than playoffs, because I don't. However i'm not sure about the logic. Football at this level is in a constant state of flux. I dont think both Airdrie and Montrose go up, and in that case, Airdrie might well lose Murray and end up being shite. I agree broadly with the points you make, I just dont think neccessarily that we cant be in the mix with some decent recruitment (I include manager in that obvs). 

All of the points you make don't exist purely to hinder us. Everyone else in the league has to deal with an improved QP, or Alloa, or Kelty etc. 

That said, offer me playoffs for next season now I probably bite your hand off becasue it represents improvement