The Falkirk FC Thread

Genuinely worried that yesterday’s result will see a certain subsection of the fans want Miller as manager.

I’d be curious to see if there’s an overlap between that group and the group of fans who didn’t want Hartley appointed *for just some reason*.

Genuinely worried that yesterday’s result will see a certain subsection of the fans want Miller as manager.
I’d be curious to see if there’s an overlap between that group and the group of fans who didn’t want Hartley appointed *for just some reason*.
There was a point where I was very scared that Ally McCoist was being lined up for us.

For similar reasons...

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

2 games to go, Airdrie are 5 points behind. Mathematically possible but unlikely.

What is so difficult to understand? We could finish in 2nd place in the league for the next 10 seasons but if we don't get promoted then we have achieved nothing. There is little difference between 2nd and 5th if ultimately you don't get promoted.

2nd gives you a chance at promotion, 5th does not.

Quite a difference.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

What would that be? 

If Miller gets 3 wins from 3 and does so with improved performances then he is a candidate consider. Listening to his post match comments, he speaks well and sounds like somebody you would listen too if you are a player.

46 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

2nd gives you a chance at promotion, 5th does not.

Quite a difference.

Yep. There is only “no difference” if you fail every single time to win the play offs. The L1 to Championship play off is not rigged to anything like the extent that the Championship to top flight play off is rigged.

In truth, second in the Championship versus second bottom in the top flight would be a simpler and fairer play off system.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

What would that be? 

If Miller gets 3 wins from 3 and does so with improved performances then he is a candidate consider. Listening to his post match comments, he speaks well and sounds like somebody you would listen too if you are a player.

…..probably because his three games aren’t competitive games, and he has had 17 games to be listened to, and it hasn’t exactly worked. Besides, there is no way he is giving up his punditry work.

Beating QP in the last game of the season is an utter and complete irrelevance. They having nothing to play for. Just like McKinnon beating RC was proof positive of absolutely nothing.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

…..probably because his three games aren’t competitive games, and he has had 17 games to be listened to, and it hasn’t exactly worked. Besides, there is no way he is giving up his punditry work.

Beating QP in the last game of the season is an utter and complete irrelevance. They having nothing to play for. Just like McKinnon beating RC was proof positive of absolutely nothing.

Even if Miller does well in his remaining time, what he has to offer is not what we need at this particular time.

We need an experienced manager who has been ‘round the blocks ‘ in this league.

The names already mentioned of McGlynn and Murray are what we require and wouldn’t be all that expensive.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Massive difference between being an assistant and manager.

I hate to pull the "in the know" card but I think the players have much more respect for Miller than Rennie. This is from somebody who has seen the team train and the interaction between the players, Rennie and Miller.

Came across this again today. As much as we’re (hopefully) at our lowest, this type of atmosphere, crowd and occasion should strive every single person connected with the club to get back to nights like these. If and when that time comes again, we’ll all appreciate it all the more I’m sure.

15 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Came across this again today. As much as we’re (hopefully) at our lowest, this type of atmosphere, crowd and occasion should strive every single person connected with the club to get back to nights like these. If and when that time comes again, we’ll all appreciate it all the more I’m sure.

I'm in that video, just a couple of seats along from them. I've got a video as well from my seat!

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I'm in that video, just a couple of seats along from them. I've got a video as well from my seat!

It’s a great video I’m gutted I never got any from that night! I was too busy living in the moment 🤣. That night and the moment Grant scored in the Cup final will live with me forever. 

Thank you very much for posting this. It reminded me of why i Support our team. Just what I needed

3 hours ago, MS RR said:

Griff celebrating the goal live on TV. We are meant to have an alliance with rangers and one of our players is doing this???

We’ve got an alliance with SEVCO? WTF, I missed that. After 50 years of supporting FFC, if true, I’d be done.

18 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

We’ve got an alliance with SEVCO? WTF, I missed that. After 50 years of supporting FFC, if true, I’d be done.

It was just one of the standard wind-up posts that I presume are meant to be funny on the COYB FB page. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn