The Falkirk FC Thread

With the position we are in, unfortunately it will be slim pickings for our next manager. The candidate is likely to be experienced, free, without better offers & likely to accept a 1 year deal. That points to a McIntyre / Johnston type. 

We'd played Raith four times that season and won precisely none of them. Factor in our embarrassing record in big home games and I'm a million miles from convinced that the scenario would have played out as you suggest. In a straight 90-minute shootout for promotion between teams managed by Miller/McCracken and McGlynn I know who my money would have been on. Far from running scared, I think they would have relished it. Following the suspension of the season, he did and said what was in the best interests of his club, the same as everyone else. Ok, we did not like it at the time, but then we had Gary Deans trying to tell us, apparently in all sincerity, that Falkirk would not necessarily have voted the same way Raith did had the roles been reversed. And plenty were lapping it up. Falkirk had by far the biggest budget in the league that season and topped the table for two whole weeks. Raith obviously benefited from what played out, but I have never bought, and never will, this theory that we were somehow only denied our rightful promotion by the outbreak of a global pandemic. There is nothing at all to support that.
If McGlynn and Raith part company at the end of the season, and he is interested, he becomes a perfectly viable candidate for us. I would go as far as to say that, given his contractual situation, I'd be surprised if he does not at least come under serious consideration to replace Rennie.
At fucking last a falkirk fan that actually states they beat Raith zero times in the covid season and didn't justify promotion, just because they are the bigger club. . Fair play to you.

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:
4 hours ago, AGPar said:
We'd played Raith four times that season and won precisely none of them. Factor in our embarrassing record in big home games and I'm a million miles from convinced that the scenario would have played out as you suggest. In a straight 90-minute shootout for promotion between teams managed by Miller/McCracken and McGlynn I know who my money would have been on. Far from running scared, I think they would have relished it. Following the suspension of the season, he did and said what was in the best interests of his club, the same as everyone else. Ok, we did not like it at the time, but then we had Gary Deans trying to tell us, apparently in all sincerity, that Falkirk would not necessarily have voted the same way Raith did had the roles been reversed. And plenty were lapping it up. Falkirk had by far the biggest budget in the league that season and topped the table for two whole weeks. Raith obviously benefited from what played out, but I have never bought, and never will, this theory that we were somehow only denied our rightful promotion by the outbreak of a global pandemic. There is nothing at all to support that.
If McGlynn and Raith part company at the end of the season, and he is interested, he becomes a perfectly viable candidate for us. I would go as far as to say that, given his contractual situation, I'd be surprised if he does not at least come under serious consideration to replace Rennie.

At fucking last a falkirk fan that actually states they beat Raith zero times in the covid season and didn't justify promotion, just because they are the bigger club. . Fair play to you.

Not that it matters now but you never beat us either chief.

7 hours ago, AGPar said:

Can’t say I agree with much of that. If they had “relished” the prospect of a shoot out, their words were very different.

There is no way that they wanted such a game to take place because they knew damn fine we were more likely to win it than they were. Simple home advantage was enough to make that the case.
Have a proper look at his managerial record. It ain’t that great. If it’s all about getting a club out of L1, isn’t AJs record better? Given that’s the aim, shouldn’t he be ahead of McGlynn?

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Can’t say I agree with much of that. If they had “relished” the prospect of a shoot out, their words were very different.

There is no way that they wanted such a game to take place because they knew damn fine we were more likely to win it than they were. Simple home advantage was enough to make that the case.
Have a proper look at his managerial record. It ain’t that great. If it’s all about getting a club out of L1, isn’t AJs record better? Given that’s the aim, shouldn’t he be ahead of McGlynn?

Raith won the league and would 100% have won it without the pandemic too. We were pish.

If we can get McGlynn, I said it in December too, we should go for him. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Raith won the league and would 100% have won it without the pandemic too. We were pish.

If we can get McGlynn, I said it in December too, we should go for him. 

McGlynn is probably what we need at this crossroads. With the recent boardroom changes not sure if he’s still as popular.
Car crash interview about GW then the immediate resultant loss of sponsors/RR ladies certainly hasn’t helped his reputation around the club.

Would like the club to sound out Ross (yes I know he’s still getting paid a kings ransom) with a view to a long term plan, can only say no.

Preference would be Wright and Liam Craig as player coach. He’s came unstuck at Killie but his SJ reign is very underestimated.

Edited by Springfield

Guest Ecosse83

Mcglynn got Raith promoted then proceeded to finish 3rd behind Hearts and Dundee on their return to the Championship and have cemented themselves as a championship team again under him. All on a smaller budget than he would be working with here. 

But aye he’s not good enough for us 😂🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Preference would be Wright and Liam Craig as player coach. He’s came unstuck at Killie but his SJ reign is very underestimated.

I agree that Wright/Craig is the standout option.  Not sure Wright would be out of out reach, he's not getting any younger and has been without a club for a while.  He might see turning us around as the catalyst towards one final bigger job before he retires.  

Not excited whatsoever by McGlynn.  He's done ok at Raith but, like Hartley, there's something about him and the way he operates I just don't like.  I think he'd be divisive and someone the fans would turn on quickly if he made a slow start.  The appointment needs to be someone who the support can fully get behind.  For me that's Wright or Rice.   

Someone on the alloa thread just posted Rice doesn’t have a contract beyond this season. Wonder if we should go cap in hand to him, although not sure it’s an option now given he knew he was second choice to Martin 😂 Rennie 😂