The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I can't get behind someone who played 4-6-0 from the start in a competitive fixture.

I was wondering how long it would take 😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

…..and despite two RR promotions, they are Championship for the first time in a good while………and that was down to Covid. The man was prepared to say anything to prevent his team having to play TFS game. To this day, I believe we would have beaten them, and I think McGlynn thought it too.

We'd played Raith four times that season and won precisely none of them. Factor in our embarrassing record in big home games and I'm a million miles from convinced that the scenario would have played out as you suggest. In a straight 90-minute shootout for promotion between teams managed by Miller/McCracken and McGlynn I know who my money would have been on. Far from running scared, I think they would have relished it. Following the suspension of the season, he did and said what was in the best interests of his club, the same as everyone else. Ok, we did not like it at the time, but then we had Gary Deans trying to tell us, apparently in all sincerity, that Falkirk would not necessarily have voted the same way Raith did had the roles been reversed. And plenty were lapping it up. Falkirk had by far the biggest budget in the league that season and topped the table for two whole weeks. Raith obviously benefited from what played out, but I have never bought, and never will, this theory that we were somehow only denied our rightful promotion by the outbreak of a global pandemic. There is nothing at all to support that.

If McGlynn and Raith part company at the end of the season, and he is interested, he becomes a perfectly viable candidate for us. I would go as far as to say that, given his contractual situation, I'd be surprised if he does not at least come under serious consideration to replace Rennie.

Problem with the likes of Wright and Levein and Ross is a simple case of finances.  To get Levein in as manager you'd need to match what he gets from his media stuff and advisory role at brechin and Tommy Wright's salary will currently be way out of our reach. I'd think if he's out of a job still this time next season we might be had a chance.

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Problem with the likes of Wright and Levein and Ross is a simple case of finances.  To get Levein in as manager you'd need to match what he gets from his media stuff and advisory role at brechin and Tommy Wright's salary will currently be way out of our reach. I'd think if he's out of a job still this time next season we might be had a chance.

Ross no chance in hell but Levein is at a different stage in his career, it would probably depend more if he he still wants to manage a team or is happy with what he’s doing! 

The BOD made a sensible decision in the six month deal for Rennie. Unfortunately we ended up with another failed manager/opportunity. 

For Rennie I’m glad he’s going, firstly for a shambolic gig,  secondly he looked a haunted guy, and no one deserves to put their health at risk.

Like many supporters this will be accepted well, and hope the part of Rennie helping, is merely a token of respect only. 

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The BOD made a sensible decision in the six month deal for Rennie. Unfortunately we ended up with another failed manager/opportunity. 

For Rennie I’m glad he’s going, firstly for a shambolic gig,  secondly he looked a haunted guy, and no one deserves to put their health at risk.

Like many supporters this will be accepted well, and hope the part of Rennie helping, is merely a token of respect only. 

An honourable end to a dismal episode in the club’s history 

Just now, Kircer bairn said:

An honourable end to a dismal episode in the club’s history 

Good to see recruitment underway & guess would be useful for the next incumbent to see what he is letting himself in for by having a look at which ONE of the squad he wants to keep if any🙈

Think Rennie was pretty disappointed by the attitude difference between players here and those across the water. In the US they have a far more positive outlook when coming into train and play whilst here too many feel they have made it and dont need to do the hard yards required etc.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Think Rennie was pretty disappointed by the attitude difference between players here and those across the water. In the US they have a far more positive outlook when coming into train and play whilst here too many feel they have made it and dont need to do the hard yards required etc.

Spot on for me, and with all respect to the PT teams, we look like we’re blowing out our arses, meanwhile they’ve looked fitter and hungrier in the majority of games since dropping into Scotlands third tier.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Where Raith Rovers are just now, and where Livi and Hearts were under Mcglynn,  is absolutely miles away from where Falkirk are.

Mcglynn came in 3 and half years ago to a very similar situation.  A piss poor squad hoping to get where they wanted to simply by being full time.  

He would be a massive upgrade on anyone that's managed Falkirk for years.

Couldn't agree more. The job he has done at the Raith has been immense. I remember when we used to beat Raith in league 1 , we are heading to league 2 and failure to Raith is to miss out on the play- offs in the championship!

Clearly Goodwillie was a fiasco but really the BOD imo are more to blame. If  that results in him not being the manager of Raith, grab your luck.
Raith wont be the same team for the better, without him at the helm

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I see your current manager is on BT Sport talking about his club.

Not really got a problem with him doing media work he was doing this before joining us and as BPM said we’re probably paying him peanuts.

A current premiership player and assistant manager do media work for Clyde 1 like Miller also does so I’m sure the club took this into consideration when appointing rennie who then wanted Kenny.

Him doing Clyde 1 the night before Peterhead was a bit of a pisstake, driving up there and back on his own, oh and also doing old firm media work on a Monday morning in the office so wait maybe I do have an issue with it. Jokes aside he’ll have 3 games and be gone.

48 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Couldn't agree more. The job he has done at the Raith has been immense. I remember when we used to beat Raith in league 1 , we are heading to league 2 and failure to Raith is to miss out on the play- offs in the championship!

Clearly Goodwillie was a fiasco but really the BOD imo are more to blame. If  that results in him not being the manager of Raith, grab your luck.
Raith wont be the same team for the better, without him at the helm

The only hitch I see to JMcG getting his next job will be how they address his shambolic response to the DG issue. He couched it as he saw it, in a purely football manner…but that’s not really acceptable anymore.

I fully believe he’s a decent person, but, as result of his environment and age, he may hold viewpoints a little out of step with societal evolution. I’ll hate to see him go from Raith, but I’d be astounded if he was extended beyond seasons end. That doesn’t suggest we have a better choice lined up (or even possible), but by the same token, I’m not sure he’s any more than a mid-table Championship manager year in and year out.

Our first half of the season was as impressive as the second half was impressively bad. JMcG’s ability to adapt to changing opponent strategies isn’t his strong point, and the loss of two key midfield players in December hamstrung the whole following few months. There are also some questions as to his overcommitment to some players and willingness to sign players with dodgy injury histories.

3 hours ago, AGPar said:

If McGlynn and Raith part company at the end of the season, and he is interested, he becomes a perfectly viable candidate for us. I would go as far as to say that, given his contractual situation, I'd be surprised if he does not at least come under serious consideration to replace Rennie.

Despite the thoughts I mentioned above, I would be stunned if he wasn’t immediately at least the second favorite if he gets let go. He would be an immediately affordable and experienced hand, and if Paul Smith came with him, you’d be that much the better.

I think he’d do a world of good at TFS, as long as a little patience is possible. Anyone expecting a quick turnaround should have been cured of that this year, but fans everywhere expect it, and expect it now.