The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, spud131 said:

What makes people think that McGlynn would give up his stable job at Raith (who are sitting 5th in the championship) to come and manage us (4th in league one)?

The fact he still has no contract for next season at Raith and no mention of a new one even being on the table for him.

Isn't Jack Ross still on gardening leave from Hibs?  There's no way he'll drop that paper to manage and get less than what Hibs are paying him you'd imagine.

What makes people think that McGlynn would give up his stable job at Raith (who are sitting 5th in the championship) to come and manage us (4th in league one)?
As Gav says , he's out of contract, and there's no indicating whether we'll offer him a new deal. We've been in terrible form recently although we've had some horrendous injuries and won the diddy cup. Even after the Goodwillie situation, he's got a lot of credit in the bank.

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
23 minutes ago, spud131 said:

As Gav says , he's out of contract, and there's no indicating whether we'll offer him a new deal. We've been in terrible form recently although we've had some horrendous injuries and won the diddy cup. Even after the Goodwillie situation, he's got a lot of credit in the bank.

I honestly don’t know, but after all the Goodwillie rumpus, I’d have thought that Raith would be keen to make a fresh start with someone untainted.

From an FFC point of view, I’d be delighted to have him.

Fair enough, didn't realise he was out of contract in the summer.

I honestly don’t know, but after all the Goodwillie rumpus, I’d have thought that Raith would be keen to make a fresh start with someone untainted.
From an FFC point of view, I’d be delighted to have him.
There should be change at the club, but we've still got pretty much all the same directors other than 1 new addition. The others are all lying low for now.

Fwiw McGlynn has got us out this league twice - i know the second one was contentious to say the least butbudget wise Falkirk were miles ahead of us and we had no right to be ahead at that point of the season . He's worked at Celtic as a scout and is highly spoken about for his contacts, work ethic and analysis. He'd probably be offered a healthy budget and would be able to convince players, especially with his reputation for playing good football. If he leaves us, he'd be a good addition.

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Fwiw McGlynn has got us out this league twice - i know the second one was contentious to say the least butbudget wise Falkirk were miles ahead of us and we had no right to be ahead at that point of the season . He's worked at Celtic as a scout and is highly spoken about for his contacts, work ethic and analysis. He'd probably be offered a healthy budget and would be able to convince players, especially with his reputation for playing good football. If he leaves us, he'd be a good addition.

I fear, if he leaves Raith in the Summer, we'd be well down the pecking order of clubs he might fancy - he's getting on a bit anyway isn't he? A Dunfermline or QOS would surely be more attractive, presuming they change managers in Summer. Still, probably worth an ask

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I genuinely can't remember seeing him receive any personal abuse.

Most opinions of him that I've seen (my own included) was that he comes across as a genuinely good guy who just wasn't cut out for the job.

Not so much on here but a bit excessive on other social media and at the games.

Based on frustration and anger obviously but still not needed.

I fear, if he leaves Raith in the Summer, we'd be well down the pecking order of clubs he might fancy - he's getting on a bit anyway isn't he? A Dunfermline or QOS would surely be more attractive, presuming they change managers in Summer. Still, probably worth an ask
Yogi is on a 2 year deal I think. There is no chance even just now QoS are more attractive to a manager than Falkirk. Queens will be relegated before long and have a far smaller budget than Falkirk, Queens Park and probably even Kelty next season. Possibly

59 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Are you serious?

I would hardly call Eddie May uber-successful.

Probably one of the worst appointments in our history. It was clear early doors that he was miles out of his depth.

He didnt even want the job in the first place and was about to quit but was convinced to stay.

I think you may have committed a self whoosh.