The Falkirk FC Thread

Really thought it would work out for Rennie and I do actually think the club deserve a bit of credit for trying something different and particularly for making it a 6 month deal. 

However, it was a complete disaster start to finish and he absolutely could not have been given an extension. Even if you believed in Rennieball, keeping him on would have been so toxic in terms of people renewing season tickets etc.

No idea who will come in next and what sort of scope they'll have for rebuilding but it is a huge appointment for the club. Pretty much nothing to build on in the current squad, no youths, a (justifiably) mutinous support and the club not exactly flush with cash, get your applications in now!

Best decision all round. Wish him all the best but he was nowhere near up to the job and I always thought he’d end up going back to the US. Well done to the board for making the right call…

…so far. If Sevco Miller gets it, we legit riot.

Get the feeling if Rennie wanted the gig he would have been here next season, especially given the statement says it was his decision. 

In his post match interview last week he mentioned he'd been talking to players about signing on with us next season so I imagine that's why they've mentioned he'll be working with the board on plans for next season. 

With the position we're in as a club at the moment we'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel, names like Johnston, Mcintyre & Mcpherson being mentioned just shows that. 

23 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Definitely for the best for all concerned.

Tried his best but ultimately completely failed.

The personal abuse that the man had to endure was completely out of order and shows up the nasty element in our support.

Well said. Very true...

1 minute ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Keep sacking the gaffer boys but as some point the PLAYERS need to go. 

The PLAYERS have also been coming and going like chameleons for years. So we're well aware of that. You should be also, given you've signed a full team of our rejects over the last few years.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

The PLAYERS have also been coming and going like chameleons for years. So we're well aware of that. You should be also, given you've signed a full team of our rejects over the last few years.

Your rejects might have got you a play off kid, yikes

18 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Jim McIntyre or Ian Murray would me my top choices 

Murray has done outstandingly well this season because he’s been left to his own devices with recruitment and team selection. He was way laid with dunkeys in his last three seasons that were brought in by agents & DoFs. I think he will no doubt be linked to the job, but just hope that the lure of a bigger club (all we need to do is compare home gates) isn’t enough to take him away from us.

30 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

hang on, He's the coach, but he won't be coaching as he's leaving, but he'll still hang around like a bad smell and take a wage till the end of the season and help with things instead of just f*cking off.

surely this is an ending that the publishers would cut out and go back to the author and tell him, 'Naw, try again'

He’s got a contract.