The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who is Rennie “mates” with on the Board? 

If it’s not one of his mates that’s appointed him that’s even more of a concern as somebody has actually went through a due diligence and interview process then offered him the job thinking he’s the right person to take the team forward.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If it’s not one of his mates that’s appointed him that’s even more of a concern as somebody has actually went through a due diligence and interview process then offered him the job thinking he’s the right person to take the team forward.

There were 8 people in the process including Rawlins 

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

I had to google that name, no.

Googling the name doesn't make him a bad appointment.  I think you are forgetting where we are, and how we have fallen.  We are a mid table third tier club.  Some fans will not like it, but that is a fact.  Simply getting someone in who has known success with a positive attitude and some funds.  Livingston (twice) and Gretna all succeeded with managers with some drive and money.

Having money alone isnt the answer (3 attempts shows that).

Get him in.  At least (I presume), you don't have a say.

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am not saying that Rennie has been a success but the board certainly went through a proper interview process with both candidates. 

Did these candidates apply for the role? 

How did that process work? 

How specifically did Martin Rennie appear in a shortlist of 2?

Guest Ecosse83
25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

100% rubbish. 

Wow really? You seem to know a lot for someone who claims they don’t get told anything! 

7 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Googling the name doesn't make him a bad appointment.  I think you are forgetting where we are, and how we have fallen.  We are a mid table third tier club.  Some fans will not like it, but that is a fact.  Simply getting someone in who has known success with a positive attitude and some funds.  Livingston (twice) and Gretna all succeeded with managers with some drive and money.

Having money alone isnt the answer (3 attempts shows that).

Get him in.  At least (I presume), you don't have a say.

An appointment like that would only work if we went 100% part time, he simply doesn't have what we need: getting the best out of shit-kicking bottom of the barrel full timers.

He might do a job as backroom staff if we went hybrid but simply doesn't have the experience we need, for the top job, at this time. 

Any part time set-up would be short lived & a victim of its own success/failure. Success, we go up & go F/T again. Failure: we're probably out of the game.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:53, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was feeling really down about things but with the new board members and the new manager looking to change things, the best mindset to support change is a positive one so I think it’s time to get behind the club now. I think that we should put our ire and anger on hold for the next wee while.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Because it means 8 people have poorly assessed and agreed on who the top candidate on the shortlist is. Surely even you see that ?

Maybe not one of the directors but certainly mates with one of the patrons who campaigned for him to get the job.

Also heard the process was poorly handled for the other candidates.

47 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Livingston (twice) and Gretna all succeeded with managers with some drive and money.

Just a pity that the money wasn’t theirs to spend. One gone from the league, the other should have been kicked out years ago.

25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Because it means 8 people have poorly assessed and agreed on who the top candidate on the shortlist is. Surely even you see that ?

Not at all.

When Rennie was selected , I was really excited as I thought he would bring lots of fresh ideas to the club.

It obviously hasn’t worked out but we were going nowhere with Sheerin and the BOD had the foresight to only give him a short term contract.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I think it was worth taking the chance.

I would imagine he would come over well at interview and I certainly don’t blame anyone for going with him.

I think we now need someone with experience who knows our league and, hopefully, we will get some news fairly soon.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Not at all.

When Rennie was selected , I was really excited as I thought he would bring lots of fresh ideas to the club.

It obviously hasn’t worked out but we were going nowhere with Sheerin and the BOD had the foresight to only give him a short term contract.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I think it was worth taking the chance.

I would imagine he would come over well at interview and I certainly don’t blame anyone for going with him.

I think we now need someone with experience who knows our league and, hopefully, we will get some news fairly soon.

Yup,

Rennie was a name that I mentioned any time we've had the vacancy in the past few years because he had a decent record and I felt that he would bring some new thinking and ideas and possibly some decent young American players.

I was wrong.

I honestly don’t even know why Rennie staying is a conversation. Give him some modest targets (not even a league placing) to achieve in his time and he’s failed on them all…

- Improve win percentage…. Fail 
- Be more competitive against teams above us in the league…. Fail 
- Improve individual player performances (Williamson, Hetherington etc)…. Fail 
- Improve on style of play / set up / in game management… Fail 
- More open communication with fans on performances and improvements… Fail