The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Reason is I want to see if they continue with the ridiculous lecture over the PA. I will not return if that stays. I don't go to the football to be patronised, lectured and treated like an idiot. I can stay at home for that. Get that lecture to f**k and whoever dreamt it up should get a real dressing down, fucking idiot. 

Are you honestly being offended by a PA announcement that is there to address inappropriate behaviour?

Jings. I thought you would be more concerned about footballing matters and potentially spending more time in the seaside leagues.

Edited by SuperSaints1877

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:
Do us a favour a record it at the next home game as I don’t believe it lasts for 5 minutes.

Haven't you got a teary meltdown to carry on with in your match thread?

When I need cheering up all I need to do is visit the Falkirk thread. 

Rangers held the banter years baton for many years. You’ve taken over the running. 

My team is looking likely for relegation playoff so make sure the baton is clean before you hand it over.

Well, the club issue attendances based on PATG plus ST numbers.

Last Saturday and yesterday showed that people are staying away…..probably moreso than we have seen previously.

Tbh, we had all the wailing and gnashing of teeth last season when we failed to secure fourth. It was supposed to be one of those “never again” defining moments. Maybe it was, but this season has been even worse. We couldn’t even take it into the last three games.

M&M and Sheerin paid the price for rank rotten performances, but it feels to me that the guy who has been even worse is the guy they might try to keep.

I just do not know how they go about explaining to the support that they want to keep the guy who has been the poorest of all recent managers.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

I don't expect the board to announce Rennie is leaving. The prospect of the players giving even less of a shit than they do now isn't appeaing and it's still possible for us to end up in the relegation play-offs I think. The fact they haven't announced he is staying is a good thing. Kenny Miller spending an increasing amount of time with the media seems to point to him going though. 

If Rennie stays, I won't renew my ST but if results pick up I'll probably pay at the gate. Sustained improvement may see me buy a half season at Xmas.

If Rennie goes and an interesting name is appointed, I'll probably renew BUT only after the first game of the season, no Early Bird for me.

Reason is I want to see if they continue with the ridiculous lecture over the PA. I will not return if that stays. I don't go to the football to be patronised, lectured and treated like an idiot. I can stay at home for that. Get that lecture to f**k and whoever dreamt it up should get a real dressing down, fucking idiot. 

It certainly looked to me that the security regime was stepped up yesterday- as well as the lecture, there was the awful metal barriers erected at the front of the south stand and there seemed to be a lot more stewards in the south stand.

What the board were expecting, I really don’t know as the main feeling around the ground seems to be apathy.

As ever, there are truths to both sides of what people are saying. The new board are recently in post and should be afforded the time to turn things around - on that basis, it seems silly for fans to stop attending now, just when it appears the perfect opportunity to get everyone on board and pulling in the same direction. However, while I, like everyone else (bar maybe one or two on here), wants the new board to succeed, it is a two-way deal. We're going to be entering our fourth season in this dumpster fire of a league, and every consecutive season we've been moving further and further away from getting ourselves out of it. This is in midst of over a decade of consistent decline (with 15/16 proving to be the exception) and external issues of people increasingly struggling to get by financially. I can totally understand the reticence of some supporters as well.

I wrote to Gary Deans at the end of last season, saying that after 15 consecutive years of being a season ticket holder, I had had enough of people not being held accountable for incredibly poor decision-making and I would not be returning until he and Holt were gone. The response I got was along the lines of "We're sorry, but you're a loyal supporter, so you're probably just saying this while angry and you'll be back".  I did not renew. The installation of Cones totally underwhelmed me and I thought it was a terrible appointment at the time. I refrained from overtly saying so as to not appear overly negative. However, the calamity of this season proved my worst fears right and while it gives me absolutely no joy whatsoever, I feel I have been vindicated in not buying a season ticket this season. I watched a quite number of away streams under Sheerin, before I attended two homes games in person just after Rennie was first appointed and Holt was given the boot. It didn't take long to realise things had possibly got even worse than under Cones. Rennie now does indeed have a worse record than Cones, and we're still discussing the possibility of him being kept on next season. It's totally baffling and thoroughly depressing.

I think the days of fans exhibiting blind loyalty to a football club are over. We are post-pandemic, where people were forced to experience life without football. It's also especially the case for a club like ours, which has taken its support for granted for far too long.  I want to return next season - buying a season ticket even if I cannot attend every game in person. While I haven't missed it per se, this season has still hurt - ultimately, this is my club and I love it. But this doesn't mean I will hand over my money regardless of any factors - the "they're my club, so they can just have my money!" simply doesn't cut it for me anymore. The board have my and many others backing, but we need to see concrete initiative and action from them. I won't be buying a ST if Rennie is kept on in the face of all the data - I doubt I'm the only one. With transparency and openness, combined with evidence-based decision-making (ala Rennie), I feel they have a loyal fanbase who will listen and may be more forgiving than many think. But it is incumbent on the board to take these steps before many supporters will feel comfortable parting with their cash.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

43 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Hey @Marshmallo

I know you “think” Falkirk are a more successful team than St Mirren, but the truth is you’re not.

65 years and counting since your last major trophy and I assume you are not old enough to have witnessed it.

Shame.

Give me more red dots ya mentalist!

This is true I’m afraid. Since WW2 St Mirren have had many top half finishes in the top flight. We’ve been bang in the middle a few times but no where near St Mirren and haven’t finished inside the top half in the top flight late 1940s! 

Our glory days were pre WW1 for consistent high place finishes.

38 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

As ever, there are truths to both sides of what people are saying. The new board are recently in post and should be afforded the time to turn things around - on that basis, it seems silly for fans to stop attending now, just when it appears the perfect opportunity to get everyone on board and pulling in the same direction. However, while I, like everyone else (bar maybe one or two on here), wants the new board to succeed, it is a two-way deal. We're going to be entering our fourth season in this dumpster fire of a league, and every consecutive season we've been moving further and further away from getting ourselves out of it. This is in midst of over a decade of consistent decline (with 15/16 proving to be the exception) and external issues of people increasingly struggling to get by financially. I can totally understand the reticence of some supporters as well.

I wrote to Gary Deans at the end of last season, saying that after 15 consecutive years of being a season ticket holder, I had had enough of people not being held accountable for incredibly poor decision-making and I would not be returning until he and Holt were gone. The response I got was along the lines of "We're sorry, but you're a loyal supporter, so you're probably just saying this while angry and you'll be back".  I did not renew. The installation of Cones totally underwhelmed me and I thought it was a terrible appointment at the time. I refrained from overtly saying so as to not appear overly negative. However, the calamity of this season proved my worst fears right and while it gives me absolutely no joy whatsoever, I feel I have been vindicated in not buying a season ticket this season. I watched a quite number of away streams under Sheerin, before I attended two homes games in person just after Rennie was first appointed and Holt was given the boot. It didn't take long to realise things had possibly got even worse than under Cones. Rennie now does indeed have a worse record than Cones, and we're still discussing the possibility of him being kept on next season. It's totally baffling and thoroughly depressing.

I think the days of fans exhibiting blind loyalty to a football club are over. We are post-pandemic, where people were forced to experience life without football. It's also especially the case for a club like ours, which has taken its support for granted for far too long.  I want to return next season - buying a season ticket even if I cannot attend every game in person. While I haven't missed it per se, this season has still hurt - ultimately, this is my club and I love it. But this doesn't mean I will hand over my money regardless of any factors - the "they're my club, so they can just have my money!" simply doesn't cut it for me anymore. The board have my and many others backing, but we need to see concrete initiative and action from them. I won't be buying a ST if Rennie is kept on in the face of all the data - I doubt I'm the only one. With transparency and openness, combined with evidence-based decision-making (ala Rennie), I feel they have a loyal fanbase who will listen and may be more forgiving than many think. But it is incumbent on the board to take these steps before many supporters will feel comfortable parting with their cash.

Great post and nailed it for me and probably hundreds of others. 

49 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

If I read this right, and I agree with a lot of what you say, if Rennie isn’t manager next season you will renew - even if the core of the squad is still there? 

I actually think that is the biggest issue facing the club. Clearing that squad as cheaply as possible is what, whoever the manager is, has to do. It is a complete rebuild job……..again. 

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay, let’s assume Rennie departs.

Who do we appoint to get us out of this league?

I'll be interested to see who people would like as I'm struggling to name atm, I'm surprised at the Johnson shouts as I can only remember negative stuff from QotS etc?

Guest Ecosse83
17 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay, let’s assume Rennie departs.

Who do we appoint to get us out of this league?

Rice is doing a decent job at Alloa so far and will probably finish above us now although not sure what his contact situation is. 

mcglynn and Murray would also interest me! 

Edited by Ecosse83

25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If I read this right, and I agree with a lot of what you say, if Rennie isn’t manager next season you will renew - even if the core of the squad is still there? 

I actually think that is the biggest issue facing the club. Clearing that squad as cheaply as possible is what, whoever the manager is, has to do. It is a complete rebuild job……..again. 

I tend to agree with this, getting rid of the manager but keeping this squad is pointless. However I’d also say that getting rid of the players but keeping the manager is also pointless. The whole lot need to go.

How we finance that I have no idea. I know the patrons had said they would welcome further investment, do we know if there is anything in the pipeline or are we solely dependent on FSS subscriptions for further cash injections?

5 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Rice is doing a decent job at Alloa so far and will probably finish above us now although not sure what his contact situation is. 

mcglynn and Murray would also interest me! 

We’d do well to convince Rice after the way the Rennie appointment was handled.

Murray’s as good a shout as any so far.  

I think we’ve put ourselves into such a position that, if we are thinking about Rice, or McIntyre, we are a club to steer clear of. It’s a different board, yes, but our reputation precedes us and look at the amount of times we’ve heard about a professional and diligent search for a coach, only to hire utter mediocrity while at the same time burn bridges that need to be left alone.

We can quote a variety of names who would do a job for the club. The real question is do they want to be anywhere near our club, knowing how we have been (and not just on the pitch)