The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Talking about the good old days, can anybody remember a song that used to be quite popular in the Falkirk area? I might be wrong but I think that it was called Amarillo? I haven't heard it in ages.☹️

It’s been replaced by the theme tune of Steptoe and Son. Quite catchy.

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s been replaced by the theme tune of Steptoe and Son. Quite catchy.

Curb your enthusiasm would be just as applicable as that’s something the club can do in spades to us all. 

Also it would be quite an appropriate theme to play at the end of every match or anytime we concede a goal. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

As posted finished with season, and the expected Saturday defeat.

From the highlights looked like Cove didn’t get out of third gear and with the early injury allowed us far more possession than most teams who pitch up.

Two really bad defensive errors punished and game finished long before final whistle.

Crowd looked as poor as I’ve seen since moving to Westfield. For the reported 3100 attendees, I’m assuming this includes STs? 

Listened to MRs post match interview and suspect that he’s in place for next season.

Critical time for the club.

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

As posted finished with season, and the expected Saturday defeat.

From the highlights looked like Cove didn’t get out of third gear and with the early injury allowed us far more possession than most teams who pitch up.

Two really bad defensive errors punished and game finished long before final whistle.

Crowd looked as poor as I’ve seen since moving to Westfield. For the reported 3100 attendees, I’m assuming this includes STs? 

Listened to MRs post match interview and suspect that he’s in place for next season.

Critical time for the club.

I can’t see that happening now. They would need to be thick to appoint him after what he’s done since coming in. The damage it would do just wouldn’t be worth it.

If they did do it then they clearly don’t give a shit about what the fans think, I just can’t see it!

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Curb your enthusiasm would be just as applicable as that’s something the club can do in spade to us all. 

Also it would be quite an appropriate theme to play at the end of every match or anytime we concede a goal. 

judging by the crowd noise levels yesterday the "The sound of silence" would be appropriate.

24 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I can’t see that happening now. They would need to be thick to appoint him after what he’s done since coming in. The damage it would do just wouldn’t be worth it.

If they did do it then they clearly don’t give a shit about what the fans think, I just can’t see it!

Hope I’m wrong, certainly gave the impression that players are being identified and for a guy who’s done absolutely nothing he talks a very good job.

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Hope I’m wrong, certainly gave the impression that players are being identified and for a guy who’s done absolutely nothing he talks a very good job.

So much for the transparency espoused by the new BoD.

Clearly planning for next season has begun by Rennies comments. To not have made a decision and communicated that to the relevant parties is concerning.

Football-wise there is zero improvement with greater resources than Sheerin had - and unhampered by Holt's influence regardless of what it was - so any assessment indicates it's failed.

On that basis there is nothing wrong with announcing that club will go in a different way at the end of his contract thus beginning the recruitment for his replacement and allowing them to be involved in the process.

Even if it's the case that this has all happened in the background and a replacement has been sounded out we can go through the charade but to not publicly have made the decision at this stage is mind-boggling.

It's now a position of what am I doing on a Saturday that means I don't go to the football, rather than what can't I do because I am going. 

The club, team, performances and enjoyment have all tailed away so dramatically that it's at the point that going is a last resort.

After 36yrs of going to see the team and dragging the kids along when they were young, it's now case of being dragged along by them now and that's even starting to fall away as they arrange for other things to do rather than watch this tripe.

Gone are the days of 'it's my club, follow them through thick and thin and the highs and lows'. I can see the club implode and fold at this rate, I really can

The new board keeping Rennie for next season would be in its way a magnificent send off to so many fans.

Ease that transition to Saturday shopping with the missus and golf.

It would be the worst decision any board of ours has ever made in terms of personnel though. Worse than appointing May. Worse than keeping Pressley on. Worse than tapping McKinnon. 

That's how bad Rennie is.

15 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

It's now a position of what am I doing on a Saturday that means I don't go to the football, rather than what can't I do because I am going. 

The club, team, performances and enjoyment have all tailed away so dramatically that it's at the point that going is a last resort.

After 36yrs of going to see the team and dragging the kids along when they were young, it's now case of being dragged along by them now and that's even starting to fall away as they arrange for other things to do rather than watch this tripe.

Gone are the days of 'it's my club, follow them through thick and thin and the highs and lows'. I can see the club implode and fold at this rate, I really can

I honestly think that your post could sum up how hundreds upon hundreds of loyal fans feel right now. A club that has sunk to middle table in Scotland’s third tier.

As many supporters have said, just had our fill of continually backing the club in significant numbers, and I fear like many this support will fall significantly and yesterdays pathetic crowd should fire out the biggest warning to all clubs hierarchy.

Expect STs to fall off a cliff unless there’s a significant change. 

I don’t know any of the board members from Adam but I would assume that they are all successful business people in their own particular fields. While we all consider ourselves to be fans, maybe they view us as merely customers? That being the case, they must know, surely, the cost and benefits of selling to an existing customer compared to the cost of trying to win a new or lapsed customer?

Acquiring a new customer can cost five times more than retaining an existing customer. Increasing customer retention by 5% can increase profits from 25-95%. The success rate of selling to a customer you already have is 60-70%, while the success rate of selling to a new customer is 5-20%.

They really must take note of their customers’ point of view when it comes to retaining Rennie or they could lose hundreds of existing customers and it would cost the club an absolute fortune to woo them back to TFS.

Rennie and the Sevco Gobbler have to go.

Guest Ecosse83

The only reason he will get a new contract would be to stroke a few egos that wanted him in the first place. It would be the worst decision of any board over the last few years! 

14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The only reason he will get a new contract would be to stroke a few egos that wanted him in the first place. It would be the worst decision of any board over the last few years! 

Worst decision ever. In our history. And this is a club that appointed John Lambie and Eamonn Bannon.

I'd far rather watch the Bannon side, including Sabatino De Massis. He'd be a certain starter in this squad.

The club has been dying slowly for a number of years now. We lost some diehards when we left Brockville, we lost some to the new stadium being away from town and the lack of atmosphere compared to Brockville. We lost more due to the crazy decisions of the previous people running our club and we now have the last of the diehards seriously questioning if it is all worth the effort. Many will find that this season will be the straw that broke the camels back and will make them break the habit that they have had for decades and not bother going next season. This is a watershed moment in the history of FFC. The new board must invest and get further investment in like never before to try and keep these fans and even entice a few back. This will be no easy task for so many reasons happening around the world at the moment, but you have to give us hope, and by keeping the current management team you will kill that hope instantly and possibly our club with it.

3 minutes ago, Broken Bairn said:

The club has been dying slowly for a number of years now. We lost some diehards when we left Brockville, we lost some to the new stadium being away from town and the lack of atmosphere compared to Brockville. We lost more due to the crazy decisions of the previous people running our club and we now have the last of the diehards seriously questioning if it is all worth the effort. Many will find that this season will be the straw that broke the camels back and will make them break the habit that they have had for decades and not bother going next season. This is a watershed moment in the history of FFC. The new board must invest and get further investment in like never before to try and keep these fans and even entice a few back. This will be no easy task for so many reasons happening around the world at the moment, but you have to give us hope, and by keeping the current management team you will kill that hope instantly and possibly our club with it.

Good post 👏👏👏

57 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I think the reason for keeping him would be down to money. As I pointed out at the BTG meeting, they’re in a strong position to get rid due to the short contract, so why on earth would they want to retain someone who has performed so badly? Doesn’t make sense, unless he’s going to be cheap and easy to dump if it doesn’t work out.

It really does not matter if he is cheap or not. If they keep him they will lose dozens if not hundreds of season tickets and fans that might never return. This is the boards last chance to invest and invest big to get us out of this league and allow the club to recover. It will not be easy and they may not have the funds, if this is the case, they really need to be up front and scream for help from the main stand roof. I realise they have always been open to investment but i get the feeling that most fans just trust they will sort it and let them get on with it. Hopefully the AGM gets all the cards on the table and we have a white knight in the wings waiting to sort this mess out. If not, i really fear the worst.

34 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think the reason for keeping him would be down to money. As I pointed out at the BTG meeting, they’re in a strong position to get rid due to the short contract, so why on earth would they want to retain someone who has performed so badly? Doesn’t make sense, unless he’s going to be cheap and easy to dump if it doesn’t work out.

It makes sense if they have sounded out replacement managers and been told 'Not interested' due to track record on hire and fire of managers and players. The squad on contract next season and a fan base with short fuses. Add into the mix budget and what could be a change from full time football it explains a lot.

All the more important to come out in the open with what is going to happen. The longer it goes on the worse its going to get regarding goodwill for the board

Get us told FFS