The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Were we not 2nd or 3rd in terms of points gained after New Year? It's nonsense to suggest we did not improve.

Pretty sure it was 2nd. Hartley did a pretty decent job recruiting in the January and is undoubtedly a good manager, who had one absolutely mental summer with us. 

1 hour ago, JCBairn said:

Another eye bleeding performance.  They did seem to try at least in the first half but the lack of quality is just mind blowing.  Not wasting 1 more minute on these wage thieves this season - my only positive for today is hopefully I will never see some of these players ever again.  On the squad on the pitch, we simply cannot continue with these charlatans next season - keeping even a handful of them will consign us to a relegation battle next season - worst team of my lifetime.

Mutch - chucking in a goal a week at least. Nowhere near good or strong enough - there is no way anyone is interested in him (re Falkirk TV comment) - BIN

Williamson - so weak in the air its frightening. The fact he doesnt go up for corners as our biggest player says it all. A weakling - BIN

Miller - I feel sorry for him.  M&M gave him a 2 year deal when he was already beyond finished.  Gladly never see him in a Falkirk strip ever again - BIN

Dixon - a player I have liked but his legs are gone - BIN

ATS - Not up to it - jogged around a lot today - not the player we thought we were getting - BIN

Telfer - Undeniably talented but has been as bad as the rest of them recently - too small and weak and easily brushed off ball - KEEP as a squad player

Hetherington - Actually the first game I didnt hate him - wasnt great but effort was there - still not good enough - BIN

Jacobs - Another player who looks done - BIN

McGuffie - out of position - player in there somewhere but dont see it enough - but would keep as a squad player - KEEP

Morrison - has done nothing since he returned from injury. I rate him but what has he given us this season - if we can get money for him Id take it - if not KEEP

Griffiths - gamble hasnt paid off.  Delivery still good but nowhere near fit - BIN

Nesbitt - started well but has tailed off at a frightening level - BIN

Kabia - has something but dont see enough of it - BIN

Malcolm - obviously cant judge him yet - KEEP

Holt - not going to waste my time on him - BIN

Wilson - just a shocking signing - to send Dowds away for this diddy is ridiculous - hopefully never gets another minute but 1 more year is a nightmare - BIN

Ross - waste of a wage - too small, too weak and not given much this season - BIN

McCann - thought he was going to be a fantastic signing - but we seem to have stripped away his attacking flair and are left with a tiny weak left back - would still KEEP - another manager might get something out of him

Lemon - Sorry has looked out of his depth - BIN

Off the rest of them, Id probably only keep Dowds and Watson.  What a position to be in.  We will be fighting relegation next season if we cant torpedo most of these appalling players.  I am just delighted I wont have another Saturday ruined until at least July.....

You BIN on the drink?

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We did finish in 8th place, but to say that was the result of a ‘great record’ on the part of Paul Hartley is imo spin worthy of Sheerin when we were in 8th place when he came in.

It was hardly an incredible achievement to take us from 8th place to 8th place, particularly when one of the worst teams ever to appear at that level was in the league, which gave us a guaranteed 12 points and effectively a head start in terms of league position.

Yes, it was grossly unfair for us to play Brechin four times when *checks notes* every other team also played Brechin four times.

Guest Caractacus Potts
41 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

What's the chance of Rennie staying and a host of young Americans coming over? They did highlight that we did not register for foreign players this season. It could be a wee bit like the Brentford model. Don't think we have tried that

Dundee have an American owner, Hibs and Dundee United have an American owner and Aberdeen have an owner with strong American connections. Neither seem to have had an influx of American players. I’d imagine it’s not that easy to bring players over and if there are some gems there then they are unlikely to upheave to central Scotland for £500/week. Also unlikely that they will have escaped the attention of clubs with more resources than us. 

Same was said when the Rawlins came in and despite having strong ties to the MLS and despite having an agent as an investor, nothing seemed to come of that. 

In short I certainly wouldn’t keep Rennie for the hope of some unfounded American talent finding their way to Falkirk. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

We were also one of the four teams Brechin managed a draw against.
That's probably more embarrassing than being in L1 for (at least) four years. Even Dumbarton got all 12 points against them before our relegation through the play offs.

2 hours ago, JCBairn said:

Another eye bleeding performance.  They did seem to try at least in the first half but the lack of quality is just mind blowing.  Not wasting 1 more minute on these wage thieves this season - my only positive for today is hopefully I will never see some of these players ever again.  On the squad on the pitch, we simply cannot continue with these charlatans next season - keeping even a handful of them will consign us to a relegation battle next season - worst team of my lifetime.

Mutch - chucking in a goal a week at least. Nowhere near good or strong enough - there is no way anyone is interested in him (re Falkirk TV comment) - BIN

Williamson - so weak in the air its frightening. The fact he doesnt go up for corners as our biggest player says it all. A weakling - BIN

Miller - I feel sorry for him.  M&M gave him a 2 year deal when he was already beyond finished.  Gladly never see him in a Falkirk strip ever again - BIN

ATS - Not up to it - jogged around a lot today - not the player we thought we were getting - BIN

Telfer - Undeniably talented but has been as bad as the rest of them recently - too small and weak and easily brushed off ball - KEEP as a squad player

Hetherington - Actually the first game I didnt hate him - wasnt great but effort was there - still not good enough - BIN

McGuffie - out of position - player in there somewhere but dont see it enough - but would keep as a squad player - KEEP

Morrison - has done nothing since he returned from injury. I rate him but what has he given us this season - if we can get money for him Id take it - if not KEEP

Griffiths - gamble hasnt paid off.  Delivery still good but nowhere near fit - BIN

Wilson - just a shocking signing - to send Dowds away for this diddy is ridiculous - hopefully never gets another minute but 1 more year is a nightmare - BIN

Ross - waste of a wage - too small, too weak and not given much this season - BIN

McCann - thought he was going to be a fantastic signing - but we seem to have stripped away his attacking flair and are left with a tiny weak left back - would still KEEP - another manager might get something out of him

Off the rest of them, Id probably only keep Dowds and Watson.  What a position to be in.  We will be fighting relegation next season if we cant torpedo most of these appalling players.  I am just delighted I wont have another Saturday ruined until at least July.....

You missed out Brad McKay.  Shocking in every game I have seen him.  And a three year deal to boot.  Is that why he gets no mention?

2 hours ago, JCBairn said:

Dowds will be out the door faster than Usain Bolt at the end of the season. You can't blame the guy he never wanted to come back in the first place. It's no coincidence that Arbroath have struggled a tad since he and Nouble returned to their parent clubs ( under protest in Dowds case) . Dowds deserves a move higher up and Telfer will get a gig in the championship as will Morrison if someone offers us a small fee. The rest don't deserve anything bar the dole queue.  

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

We were also one of the four teams Brechin managed a draw against.

…..and a quick Wiki check showed that on the 2nd of January 2018, Falkirk did indeed have 14 points, and Dumbarton had 20 points, but at the end of the season, they had 30 points, and we had 47 points.

That is what I would accept as a turnaround.

MRs 16 games/18 points versus Sheerin’s 16 games/22 points isn’t.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

…..and a quick Wiki check showed that on the 2nd of January 2018, Falkirk did indeed have 14 points, and Dumbarton had 20 points, but at the end of the season, they had 30 points, and we had 47 points.

The good old days.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I have to be honest and say that in the current financial climate the thought of stumping up £250 for a ST

Jeezo you can get a ST for a top championship side for that......

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Dowds will be out the door faster than Usain Bolt at the end of the season. You can't blame the guy he never wanted to come back in the first place. It's no coincidence that Arbroath have struggled a tad since he and Nouble returned to their parent clubs ( under protest in Dowds case) . Dowds deserves a move higher up and Telfer will get a gig in the championship as will Morrison if someone offers us a small fee. The rest don't deserve anything bar the dole queue.  

Ok maybe stretching a point but only losing 4 out of 33 is the Championship is still decent.  The draws have cost us the title outright.

Hopefully Anton returns to his spiritual home, he seemed very comfortable and a great fit at Gayfield. 

You're welcome back anytime big man 😊

26 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Ok maybe stretching a point but only losing 4 out of 33 is the Championship is still decent.  The draws have cost us the title outright.

Hopefully Anton returns to his spiritual home, he seemed very comfortable and a great fit at Gayfield. 

You're welcome back anytime big man 😊

Brad McKay was just this very week saying that Gayfield is his spiritual home too, so that would be lovely seeing them re-united for a couple of seasons.

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

The good old days.

Talking about the good old days, can anybody remember a song that used to be quite popular in the Falkirk area? I might be wrong but I think that it was called Amarillo? I haven't heard it in ages.☹️