The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Lewis Connellys first question emoji23.png. Ken he’s a volunteer but get so far to f**k.

Falkirk TV is fucking embarrassing, btw. You can be a club channel without being a propaganda channel. That first question is a riddy and a half.

Unless Martin Rennie is given a budget to sign players that will explicitly follow his idea of coaching (so we hire them all from North America, all levels), then there’s no point in giving him the gig for next season. I was enthusiastic in the beginning but cannot support him any longer.

I also wonder if we had used the Leigh Griffiths money on an experienced coach (so bring Jack Ross in as was being suggested here), would this have perhaps turned the wasters into (dare I say it) winners? We’ve heard sentences start with “even Fergie / Guardiola / fill in any CL level coach couldn’t “, but it’s worth a thought, because many of these players did join with some level of a decent reputation (or do we honestly believe we’ve been hoodwinked in the same way as that Hartley transfer window?)

Looking forward to next season, shuddering to think though what we’ll have in place before a ball has been kicked (or looked at with complete bewilderment as has been the case by many of our team)?

interestingly after I watched the rennie interview a houstie popper up on my YouTube feed immediately after it.  I thought I'd watch it to compare the styles.

it was after a defeat to dunfermline where we had gone down to 9 men. houstie was honest and angry. said there were a lot of his players who talk a good game, soft as putty, days off would be cancelled, videos would be watched till they get it right.

fed up with the we trained well all week before games and deluded we played well after defeats, I juries etc. give me honesty anyday

I think I can honestly say that I have looked upon every managerial appointment positively, but if Rennie is kept on, I think I will struggle big time.

Everyone wanted him to come good. As expected, he ran for the Watson & Mills excuse that he had laid the groundwork for last week. That one of our brightest hopes for the season (McCann) has been marginalised by MR says it all.

Lots to build on. One goal against Peterhead, Montrose, Airdrie and Cove Rangers. Ten goals conceded. Lots to build on.

Good of Lewis to tell how much of an improvement it was to get scudded again at home while failing to score for the third game on the trot. Lots to build on.

If only we had Watson and Mills, because we were about to kick on. Were we aye?

17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The Lewis questions and Rennie answers would give the Russians a run for their money. Incredible post match interview. 

Tend to agree. Throws up more questions than it answered.

"Good conversations happening with players"

Does that mean the recruitment strategy we were looking at when we binned Holt has been finalised?

Does that mean Rennie and Miller are getting to continue?

If not, are we doing a la Holt and signing players that a "head coach" will be asked to work with instead of appointing a manager with overall responsibility. 

On the game, Wilson and McCann must be close to the exit. Same players honking every week and can't even get on as subs. New lad getting on ahead of you when Griffith's is dung and Kabia's hobbled. 

Edited by Blame Me
Fix typo

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

interestingly after I watched the rennie interview a houstie popper up on my YouTube feed immediately after it.  I thought I'd watch it to compare the styles.

it was after a defeat to dunfermline where we had gone down to 9 men. houstie was honest and angry. said there were a lot of his players who talk a good game, soft as putty, days off would be cancelled, videos would be watched till they get it right.

fed up with the we trained well all week before games and deluded we played well after defeats, I juries etc. give me honesty anyday

I think one of the many things I liked about houston, and other good managers is that when we didn't play well he said so, he was honest with the fans, said the players weren't doing their job and perhaps most important he knew exactly what was wrong and told us how he would fix it. I'm fed up being treated like a child with these questions and mainly the answers

If you thought Rennies interview was bad then McGuffies tops it!

Lewis needs to stop with the soft-ball, often rhetorical questions.

The post match isn't meant to be the interviewers view parroted back by the interviewee 😡

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I think one of the many things I liked about houston, and other good managers is that when we didn't play well he said so, he was honest with the fans, said the players weren't doing their job and perhaps most important he knew exactly what was wrong and told us how he would fix it. I'm fed up being treated like a child with these questions and mainly the answers

His downfall began in summer 2016 when he didn't fix it. That was the problem.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

On the basis that Airdrie don't go up, I'd go balls out for Ian Murray. 

You'd have got him a year ago, no doubt about it, but a combination of Falkirk's almost cartoonish level of club mess and the fact that he's been given complete freedom now at Airdrie and has been unshackled from any DOF/BOD interference in his team, signings and selections makes me think that it's a non starter. You'd have to put together a ridiculous financial package and I think even then it's unlikely.

Guest Ecosse83
31 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The Lewis questions and Rennie answers would give the Russians a run for their money. Incredible post match interview. 

What was his first question? Didn’t get a chance to watch it 

Just now, bridge of allan bairn said:

no manager gets it right all the time. he got it right far far more than wrong. my point is he looks like guardiola compared to rennie and sheerin

I'm not going to argue with that, but he spotted what we all knew was needed, and then signally failed to do so.

So we got weaker over the following 18 months, and he got the boot.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I'm not going to argue with that, but he spotted what we all knew was needed, and then signally failed to do so.

So we got weaker over the following 18 months, and he got the boot.

Was he not promised more money and then in actual fact his budget was cut? 

Guest Ecosse83

Things need to get moving this weekend. Get rid of Rennie and Miller this weekend and at least lift the mood knowing they are away. 

Yes we keep hearing how poor the players are but f**k me they haven’t been helped by how clueless the management have been this season. The last 4 or 5 years have been dreadful but this is easily the worst things have been. I just hope the new board have the skills needed to get us out of this! 

1 minute ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

It’s the way the words “frustrating” and “disappointing” get trotted out so easily. He says it but it no way whatsoever does it come across that way. Quite passive in fact. Get him to f**k!

Aye. 

Frustrated that they conceded goals not that they lost. Everything wrong with their attitude summed up in one sentence (as mentioned, not his). 

Only Mutch recently has looked liked he's had his fill of his own teammates BS but hasn't helped he's had a few 'mares since then. 

His body language during the game looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than Falkirk.

Lewis Connolly accepting that only getting scudded 2-0 was an improvement on previous weeks is a feeling that’s voiced by a wider fan base which is extremely concerning, as it shows just how far we have fallen and continue to fall. 

Hold yer hands up Rennie and apologise, you came here with the minimum target of achieving the play offs and you haven’t even been pipped to the post. It’s now impossible with 3 games still to go. 

I said a while back that we were beyond fixing, shockingly BPM didn’t take too well to that. But I’ll stand by that statement if Rennie stays on next season.