The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wanking in front of young mothers trumps what Griffith's was accused of. He was never found guilty of anything. That's pure sexual deviant stuff though wanking in public .

Okay okay our sex offender is worse than your sex offender. 

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I know beggars can't be choosers and we're in an incredibly low position, but names like Allan Johnston just give me the fucking fear. Considering where we are at the moment and the calibre of candidate we're likely to attract, I still feel we should have gone for Yogi in the summer. That won't be popular with some on here - but it really couldn't have been any worse than Cones and Rennie. Was never gonna happen with clownshoes Holt there though, so instead we appointed a children's coach who wouldn't put up too much of a fuss, before punting him and replacing him with a man who looks like he tests out his formations on Football Manager. 

Just look at the list of managers in my time of watching FFC. Little, Haggart, Totten, Abel, Lamont, Clarke, Duffy, Lamont, Jeffries, Lambie, Bannon, Totten, McCall, Coyle/Hughes, May, Pressley, Holt, Houston, Hartley, McKinnon, McCracken/Miller, Sheerin & Rennie.

Can only think Totten 1st time round & Jeffries were guys who were on the up swing with other clubs before joining.  The rest were either rookies or uninspiring.

9 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Just look at the list of managers in my time of watching FFC. Little, Haggart, Totten, Abel, Lamont, Clarke, Duffy, Lamont, Jeffries, Lambie, Bannon, Totten, McCall, Coyle/Hughes, May, Pressley, Holt, Houston, Hartley, McKinnon, McCracken/Miller, Sheerin & Rennie.

Can only think Totten 1st time round & Jeffries were guys who were on the up swing with other clubs before joining.  The rest were either rookies or uninspiring.

Houstie had come off winning the Scottish cup with United mind you.

23 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Great, another guy that's been around the houses & achieved precious little.

Only needs somebody to show the fans that they can organise a side, with a style of play that's effective & can be believed in. That would buy them time to build something. After the past 4/5 seasons, I think doing the basics right would get the fans behind them.

Personally I think it's screaming out to be offered to Scott Brown. He's a winner who won't take any shite, be able to attract a decent player & he'd be getting a club, with a good support, that's on its arse. Wouldn't get a much better opportunity to build something from scratch & show if he's capable of moving on to something bigger.

Yes, appointing folk with no knowledge or experience of managing full time squads of men in the lower leagues in Scotland has worked out so well for us over the past five years, so let's go for it again.

Scott Brown man 🙈 just liquidate us, it's for the best

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Yes, appointing folk with no knowledge or experience of managing full time squads of men in the lower leagues in Scotland has worked out so well for us over the past five years, so let's go for it again.

Scott Brown man 🙈 just liquidate us, it's for the best

Say the same when Jim Duffy was appointed did you? I was too busy stabbing my eyes with nails watching Dave Clarke's side.

Of course Jim Jeffries knowledge of lower level Scottish Football came into its own when signing Stainrod & Alex Taylor.😂🤣😂

You wouldn't have got a more experienced or knowledgeable manager than John Lambie, who played 11 years at the club & actually left a safe job because he wanted to manage Falkirk. The players & fans didn't want him, & ended up with somebody trying to run him off the road!

Edited by kiddy

1 hour ago, BooBairn said:

What a relief that Queen’s Park goal was…  season over so time for the board to make a decision now. 

What is the clubs budget ? Nobody will have a clue how many season tickets we will sell due to obvious reasons Same with go for advertising and sponsor revenue if we get the numbers wrong it could be the end. Lot of careful thinking ahead as the budget will decide Full-Hybrid-Part time and therefore the standard of manager we can attract.

The board must have a figure in mind and a course of action they intend to take. So tell the fans now, this week and be upfront and save another    weeks of speculation.

As a footnote if that had been at Brockville can you imagine the protest outside the stand at full time.

Say the same when Jim Duffy was appointed did you? I was too busy stabbing my eyes with nails watching Dave Clarkes side.

That was 34 years ago ffs [emoji23].

We’ve been ganting the last 5 years and our last 3 appointment have been managers with no experience of managing full time teams at this level with each appointment being worse than before. We absolutely can’t afford to gamble with another rookie manager.

On the basis that Airdrie don't go up, I'd go balls out for Ian Murray. Highly, highly doubt he'd come, but worth trying. If not, a Johnston or a McIntyre type as second choice is something I wouldn't be averse to. Russ makes fair point about Johnston's record in League One - my only concern is you'd have to keep him on if we went up and he's proven himself to be a bit of a diddy at the levels above League One. I totally understand that the first hurdle is getting out of this division, though - walk before we can run etc. - he might be an okay choice for that end.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

That was 34 years ago ffs emoji23.png.

We’ve been ganting the last 5 years and our last 3 appointment have been managers with no experience of managing full time teams at this level with each appointment being worse than before. We absolutely can’t afford to gamble with another rookie manager.

What were Hartley & McKinnon you utter rasper!

What were Hartley & McKinnon you utter rasper!

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the appointment of Paul Hartley. It was absolutely the right appointment at the time and he had a great record for us from January onwards in his first season. His summer recruitment was horrendous and he was rightly punted.

Ray McKinnon should never have been appointed. He done ‘ok’ with Brechin but Darren Dods eclipsed him with a fraction of the budget, had a decent 3 months during his season at Raith, failed miserably at Dundee Utd and of course had barely got his feet under the table at Morton before jumping ship. He has more than enough time to keep us up and failed. He was an absolutely terrible appointment that should never have got the job in the first place. However every appointment since punting him has been wrong and they’ve all been worse than him.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Lolkirk🤣🤣🤣. Never ever change. 

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Couldn't even make the playoff's? That's just embarrassing now.. 

1 hour ago, Dalgety Rover said:

That goal difference though, eh? 😆

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

giphy.gif.36ba22f0b7946b7b0c3a4bf5bf06ab45.gif

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Christ lads - that you definitely staying down for another year then?  That's quite some achievement to miss out on the play-offs twice running.

Ach well, see you very soon.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Isn't a Saturday night these days without checking in on how the Scottish  Sunderland have embarrassed their fans again. 

9 minutes ago, velo army said:

Goodfellas GIF

GIF by Giphy QA

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Still absolutely box office. Can’t be helped.